Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.8

Manager of Revenue Cycle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The initial interview lasted about 2 hours. They do have a two stage interview process. In certain deparments you may have to interview with the business manager and director. You will be advised that this is process that can be long.

Food Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Never was told this was a group interview with literally about 20 other people waiting to be interviewed. They took about 7 of us at a time in a big lunch area where we all sat with different recruiters from Aramark. I'm not even sure that anyone was actually hired for the position as so many were interviewed that day this system needs to change.

Information Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was held over the phone and was very laid back, felt like a conversion for the most part of it. Then the interview questions started rolling in and because it was my first interview, I was getting a bit nervous, but overall, it was a seamless process.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you have found common ground in a group with diverse members?   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Received an email asking to set up a phone interview. The recruiter called me at the exact time stated. Was very nice and pleasant. Was told that I would hear a response back within 2 weeks. The interview went so well, she forwarded my resume to other hiring managers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in July 2016.

Interview

Started with your basic phone interview, after about a month I was called by a different hiring manager for a different position at a different site. We had quick phone interview and he asked me to come in for a face to face. Met the team at the site and everyone I talked to was amazing and more then helpful! After 2 weeks or so was called by HR and received offer.

Feeding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I filled out a online application and was contacted for a phone interview. A few days later I was contacted for a in- person interview. They kept me updated every step of the way.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from HR within a couple days asking to schedule an initial phone interview. HR lady was very nice, job description and salary met expectations and she said I was a definite good fit for the position. She told me to let her know if I had not been contacted within a couple of days for a follow-up interview with the a department rep and she would "bug them until they did." Over the next several weeks, I received no correspondence regarding the position. I both emailed and called with no reply. Very unprofessional and disappointing interaction given CHOP's reputation.

Critical Care Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Human Resources was well-organized, incredibly friendly, helpful, and professional. Maintained contact with me to explain how the day was going to progress, assisted with parking suggestions, just an incredible experience.

Interview Questions

• There was a variety of questions. Balanced between wanting to get to know you as a person, professional, and questions on various experiences, and how you handled those situations.   Answer Question

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview about a week after having filled out the application and then received a face-to-face interview about a week after that. I went to CHOP a few days later and interviewed in person.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was for a brand new unit that was set to start almost a year out from when I first applied. The process took a long time but the recruiter kept me informed the entire time and was very vocal about her interest in me. I was very confident during the process although under qualified from the job description alone. The manager, director, and recruiter were very wise and could see that although I did not have the medical RN experience, I was enthusiastic about the position. They began to question me about my interest in leadership roles in the hospital for the future.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at CHOP?   1 Answer
    • Why should we bring you on our staff?   1 Answer