Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in July 2016.

Interview

Started with your basic phone interview, after about a month I was called by a different hiring manager for a different position at a different site. We had quick phone interview and he asked me to come in for a face to face. Met the team at the site and everyone I talked to was amazing and more then helpful! After 2 weeks or so was called by HR and received offer.

Feeding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I filled out a online application and was contacted for a phone interview. A few days later I was contacted for a in- person interview. They kept me updated every step of the way.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from HR within a couple days asking to schedule an initial phone interview. HR lady was very nice, job description and salary met expectations and she said I was a definite good fit for the position. She told me to let her know if I had not been contacted within a couple of days for a follow-up interview with the a department rep and she would "bug them until they did." Over the next several weeks, I received no correspondence regarding the position. I both emailed and called with no reply. Very unprofessional and disappointing interaction given CHOP's reputation.

Critical Care Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Human Resources was well-organized, incredibly friendly, helpful, and professional. Maintained contact with me to explain how the day was going to progress, assisted with parking suggestions, just an incredible experience.

Interview Questions

• There was a variety of questions. Balanced between wanting to get to know you as a person, professional, and questions on various experiences, and how you handled those situations.   Answer Question

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview about a week after having filled out the application and then received a face-to-face interview about a week after that. I went to CHOP a few days later and interviewed in person.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was for a brand new unit that was set to start almost a year out from when I first applied. The process took a long time but the recruiter kept me informed the entire time and was very vocal about her interest in me. I was very confident during the process although under qualified from the job description alone. The manager, director, and recruiter were very wise and could see that although I did not have the medical RN experience, I was enthusiastic about the position. They began to question me about my interest in leadership roles in the hospital for the future.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at CHOP?   1 Answer
    • Why should we bring you on our staff?   1 Answer

Practice Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, Phone interview with person not at CHOP, followed by live interview in Center city with hiring person for CHOP. Hour long discussion of past employment and experience. Told of problems they are experiencing in job that needs to be filled. Discussed training if hired and personality of physicians under whom Inwould work.

Interview Questions

• Asked If I ever had problem employees.
      Asked what salary requirements were.
      Discussed my past work experience.
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in April 2016.

Interview

Took about a month until being called to schedule a phone screen interview. Phone screen lasted about 20-25 minutes. Mix of behavioral and typical interview questions. Didn't really go over my resume at all. Recruiter was nice and informed me about the next steps in the hiring process if chosen to move forward. I'll update this if I make it to the next round. Pay for this position is lower than I'd like compared to what CROs pay clinical research assistants.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a group to solve a problem. What skills do you have that apply to the position? How is your writing skills? Strengths and weaknesses? Emphasize that you have the organization skills to do the job.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

30 minute interview with doctor who heads the project and the current lab technician. Talked alot about past scientific skills that were applicable in that laboratory. Also extensively explained the setup of the laboratory and the everyday work environment. Interviewer was very enthusiastic and laid back. Really wanted the candidate to succeed in the position and use it as a launching point for a different career.

Interview Questions

• Do you intend on pursuing a graduate degree?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

- Contact from talent acquisition representative
    - Received a phone interview
    - Received a face to face interview
    - References

I assumed the 1:1 interview went great because the interviewer said I was exactly what they were looking for and she made it seem like they were interested in me. After the interview I was asked to have 5 references take a survey for my employment. I never heard back from anyone so I contacted the acquisition representative after a week. She never heard anything. I figured if they weren't interested they would of let me know already by now it was already 3 weeks after the interview. I had high hopes. Finally a month later after reaching out to the acquisition representative again she said she would find out. Come to find out they did not offer me the job and have decided to go with another candidate. I'm not upset about not getting the job, more so that no one had the common decency to let me know and they lead me on wasting my time. I could of found another job while waiting for their response. I will never fill out with them again after this experience.