Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2018

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

It's a very nice experience overall and everyone I've met was very friendly and helpful;
    Got the call on 1/18, set up the interview on the 31st(definetly free parking) , and completed the pre-record 5 questions in between. A few days after the in person interview, was asked for the 5 references.
    And then the waiting game ended on 3/28. I got a phone call and offered.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview asking my experience and giving some information about the job. Recruiter was very nice and calm, which made me relax. Plenty of give and take in the conversation. Did not feel one-sided.

Technical Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to discuss about opportunity , he followed up after couple days with Interview time and date. No response after follow up email and calls after interview, I called every other week and Talent acquisition team mentioned that I am still being considered and recruiter can't follow up with you because they are so busy. Last week a person from Talent team mentioned that position is filed and she is not sure why I was not notified about that.

Registered Nurse I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

A few month ago I was contacted to do an online pre-recorded interview that consisted of 5 questions. They determined from that interview that I would be contacted about positions that would be applicable to me. I was then contacted by HR and set up an interview with the nurse manager of the unit I was being considered on. It was a typical one on one interview. I had a shadow immediately after for about an hour. I was contacted in about a week and a half with the status of my application. Everybody was really nice and I was very comfortable there.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, which was about 10 minutes long and was really just clarifying schedule and salary requirements. The recruiter told me she was forwarding my application to the hiring manager and I should receive an invitation to a face-to-face interview in about two weeks. The face-to-face interview was exactly when I expected and it went very well. I was introduced to current staff members while I was there. The next step is to do a "shadowing" day to determine if I do want to continue with the process. At this point I have not been officially offered the position.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

got and invite for a phone interview went on for about 20 minutes. Then three weeks later got an invite for a in person interview. They were very professional and asked a lot of behavioral and situational questions. Think they focused more on personal experience versus technical skils.

Senior Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in March 2017.

Interview

Before completion of the interview process, I received an email requesting at least five references. The email included a link to set up the references so they would receive an email to complete a survey. I was also instructed to inform them prior to submitting the survey, so they would watch out for the email as it did not have CHOP’s identification on it and could be mistaken for junk. Most of my references missed the email and I had to resend it. My references informed me that the survey was very time consuming. Following this process, I was called in for another interview. Following the final interview, I did not receive appropriate communication regarding next steps and no response to my emails. The most disappointing part of the experience was the inconvenience to my references.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

From start to finish, it took about three months. I was interviewed by four people at different times and was not reimbursed for parking or transportation. First I was screened by Human Resources. Then I was called by a middle level staff person on the project and interviewed. Then I was called in for a face to face interview with a manager. And then I was called in for another face to face interview with the Principal Investigator. The manager seemed eager to have the position filled. The Principal Investigator looked at her phone several times during the interview, but took time to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with clinical research? Why do you want this position? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I accepted the offer they gave me without negotiation.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the new graduate residency program via the employee referral program. I was asked to complete a video interview, which entailed recording answers to 5 pre-recorded questions over a webcam. The next day I was informed that I was entered the talent pool, and a couple of weeks later an in-person interview with a 3.5-hour shadowing experience on the unit I applied to was scheduled. The in-person interview felt casual, and was mostly the unit manager describing the unit and the position, with only two or three questions for me. I was called with a job offer one week after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOP?
      What patient had the biggest impact on you?
      Tell us about a time you had difficulty communicating with someone.
      Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient.   1 Answer

Healthcare Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

CHOP emails a data set exercise after applying for the job. I got response from the CHOP only after I inquired them of my answer to the data exercise. I had a phone interview. It lasted for 10-15min. The first question was tell me your life story. The interviewer seemed to be going through paper while we were talking. There were many moments of awkward silence since after I answered the question he didn't respond. The burden was on me to continue the flow. I had to start asking him questions because of the awkward silence. It was unexpected.