Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in April 2016.

Interview

Took about a month until being called to schedule a phone screen interview. Phone screen lasted about 20-25 minutes. Mix of behavioral and typical interview questions. Didn't really go over my resume at all. Recruiter was nice and informed me about the next steps in the hiring process if chosen to move forward. I'll update this if I make it to the next round. Pay for this position is lower than I'd like compared to what CROs pay clinical research assistants.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work in a group to solve a problem. What skills do you have that apply to the position? How is your writing skills? Strengths and weaknesses? Emphasize that you have the organization skills to do the job.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

30 minute interview with doctor who heads the project and the current lab technician. Talked alot about past scientific skills that were applicable in that laboratory. Also extensively explained the setup of the laboratory and the everyday work environment. Interviewer was very enthusiastic and laid back. Really wanted the candidate to succeed in the position and use it as a launching point for a different career.

Interview Questions

• Do you intend on pursuing a graduate degree?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

- Contact from talent acquisition representative
    - Received a phone interview
    - Received a face to face interview
    - References

I assumed the 1:1 interview went great because the interviewer said I was exactly what they were looking for and she made it seem like they were interested in me. After the interview I was asked to have 5 references take a survey for my employment. I never heard back from anyone so I contacted the acquisition representative after a week. She never heard anything. I figured if they weren't interested they would of let me know already by now it was already 3 weeks after the interview. I had high hopes. Finally a month later after reaching out to the acquisition representative again she said she would find out. Come to find out they did not offer me the job and have decided to go with another candidate. I'm not upset about not getting the job, more so that no one had the common decency to let me know and they lead me on wasting my time. I could of found another job while waiting for their response. I will never fill out with them again after this experience.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Great interview process. They really try to calm your nerves! You have already made it this far, they want you, just may not have the spot for you! Keep trying! I found it helpful to try to connect with as many people in the room that you could. They try to bring people in to get you to talk and mingle. It is great!

Interview Questions

• How can you integrate your skills into a project listed?   Answer Question

Nurse Externship Interview

Interview

We checked in as a group and then got called back individually to talk to the clinical educators of each unit. We got to take a tour of the unit we were interviewing for during it as well. It was more laid back than I expected but overall, a good experience.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application online and heard back within 2 weeks. Was asked to schedule a phone interview and set up a time from their website about a week later. Cal the call and was asked some basic HR questions and behavioral questions. Took about 20-25 minutes. Was told i would hear back within 2 weeks by phone or email.

Access Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in February 2016.

Interview

Hr emailed to schedule phone interview. A week later HR emailed me to schedule in person interview. Was contacted 2 days later by HR for second interview. About two hours after last interview, I was emailed a form to submit 5 references.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in February 2016.

Interview

It took 2 weeks after I submitted my application to hear back from the Recruiter. We had a very enthusiastic conversation about CHOP and she was transparent about salary levels and highly motivated to, 'get me on her team'. She said we would be in touch and that PI's would be reaching out to interview me over the next few weeks. I followed up weekly for the 3 subsequent weeks, finally got a response that the recruiter was requesting an update. Kind of disappointing to have not had the promised follow up with PI's after the initial phone conversation went so well.

Interview Questions

• Why CHOP? Do you have experience in data analysis or study management?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed by HR to set up a phone interview via their online system 3-4 weeks later. The interviewer was pleasant, not begrudging, but not overly enthusiastic or responsive either. It was not very difficult though. They said they'd get back to me in 2-3 weeks as to whether or not I'd move forward; I think they took a little bit longer as I almost sent a follow-up email but wasn't sure who to send it to since this was through HR and not the hiring manager for the lab or anything like that. Overall a good practice experience, since I didn't get the position

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied to new grad position in February, was asked to complete a video interview about two weeks later, a few day after that I was told that I was accepted to their RN talent pool and would hear back from a unit who wanted to interview me. A week later I was asked to come in for an in person interview and 8 hr shadow day. I received an offer a week and a half after my interview. The interview was great and they made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nurse resident salary non-negotiable