Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions in Pennsylvania | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions in Pennsylvania

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I began applying for Patient Service Representative positions in late March 2017. I received an email inviting me to phone interview with a recruiter on Tuesday, April 18, 2016. I scheduled the very next available interview for Tuesday, April 265, 2016. I work a normal 9-5 at a major insurance company so I made sure to schedule time off with my current employer to meet the needs and demands of CHOP's interview processing. My interview was scheduled for 10:40am-11:00am with an interviewer. I sat at my kitchen table all ready to interview when waiting for 5 minutes turned into 10, to 14, to 20, to 35 minutes AFTER the scheduled interview time. Worried that I could've possibly done something wrong in the scheduling, I kindly emailed the Talent Acquisition Team and placed a phone call for an automatic callback inquiring about the status of the interview and if it had been rescheduled. I'd finally received a phone call from a young lady in the HR office at 11:30 who'd stated she and the office were unaware that that particular interview stepped out of the office, apologized for the inconvenience and kindly rescheduled me for Thursday, April 27th. Still no replies to my email inquiries until at 1:24pm on April 25th (the same day of my originally scheduled phone interview) The original interviewer advised that unfortunately she would have to cancel my RESCHEDULED interview because the position has been filled and 'good luck with my job search'. How is the position filled the day of the interview - BEFORE I COULD EVEN interview? If She was "out of the office and the HR department weren't aware of her absence" how could she have sent me that harsh, nasty email? I also want to note that my interviewer never apologized for how she treated me at the start of the morning.

I just wanted to let CHOP know that I did not appreciate how I was treated and handled during this brief interview process. I felt robbed of my time and effort, and completely disrespected. It was very unprofessional, inconvenient, and inconsiderate!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview asking my experience and giving some information about the job. Recruiter was very nice and calm, which made me relax. Plenty of give and take in the conversation. Did not feel one-sided.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

got and invite for a phone interview went on for about 20 minutes. Then three weeks later got an invite for a in person interview. They were very professional and asked a lot of behavioral and situational questions. Think they focused more on personal experience versus technical skils.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

From start to finish, it took about three months. I was interviewed by four people at different times and was not reimbursed for parking or transportation. First I was screened by Human Resources. Then I was called by a middle level staff person on the project and interviewed. Then I was called in for a face to face interview with a manager. And then I was called in for another face to face interview with the Principal Investigator. The manager seemed eager to have the position filled. The Principal Investigator looked at her phone several times during the interview, but took time to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with clinical research? Why do you want this position? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I accepted the offer they gave me without negotiation.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the new graduate residency program via the employee referral program. I was asked to complete a video interview, which entailed recording answers to 5 pre-recorded questions over a webcam. The next day I was informed that I was entered the talent pool, and a couple of weeks later an in-person interview with a 3.5-hour shadowing experience on the unit I applied to was scheduled. The in-person interview felt casual, and was mostly the unit manager describing the unit and the position, with only two or three questions for me. I was called with a job offer one week after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOP?
      What patient had the biggest impact on you?
      Tell us about a time you had difficulty communicating with someone.
      Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient.
      1 Answer

Healthcare Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

CHOP emails a data set exercise after applying for the job. I got response from the CHOP only after I inquired them of my answer to the data exercise. I had a phone interview. It lasted for 10-15min. The first question was tell me your life story. The interviewer seemed to be going through paper while we were talking. There were many moments of awkward silence since after I answered the question he didn't respond. The burden was on me to continue the flow. I had to start asking him questions because of the awkward silence. It was unexpected.

Healthcare Data Analyst - Quality Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Three part process:
    (1) After applying online, I was sent a "data exercise" which consisted of building a cohort of patients from multiple tables of fake EMR data provided. Any programming langue could be used (SQL, SAS, python, R, etc). I did not receive any feedback on this exercise at any point in the interview process.

(2) After submitting the exercise, I was contacted by email to set up a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager. Basic questions, nothing crazy.

(3) A few days after the phone screen, I was contacted by email to set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview lasted 5 hours and consisted of multiple parts:
    --Another data exercise (conceptual, no programming)
    --A case study
    --Two additional interviews with basic interview questions about resume, etc.
    --Lunch with the team
    --Give a 15 minute presentation (that was prompted and prepared ahead of time) followed by 15 min Q&A
    --Quick de-brief with the hiring manager

I was contacted by email 3 days later and told I did not get the job. Total interview process lasted 2-3 weeks and I spoke to about 8-10 different people.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online for new graduate rn residency, received invitation for video interview which should be completed within 2weeks, a week later received I passed and wait for the unit to contact me. Second level interview 2months later. Unit manager interview and shadowing

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, PA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Cheltenham, PA).

Interview

Typical interview questions. Education work history etc. study the job posting and prepare response based of responsibilities. Overall not a bad interview. Would recommend applying to open positions you're interested in.

Emergency Department First Year Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with Recruiter, then nursing educator for ED, then "shadowed" on floor with current nurse. Had interview exactly a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. After interview I got an email asking me for 5 references within 24 hours and those people are emailed a survey they need to answer about you. Still waiting to hear one way or another....

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you handle it? Tell me a time when you were different from people around you and how did you handle it? When was the last time you taught someone something and how did you know that they understood? Why do you want to work at CHOP? Had interview exactly a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. After interview I got an email asking me for 5 references within 24 hours and those people are emailed a survey they need to answer about you. Still waiting to hear one way or another....   Answer Question