Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I've applied three different times, and only gotten a phone interview twice. Never have made it past the phone interview. Took them a month to finally send me a rejection letter. I've never had this much difficulty getting a job, and I am highly qualified and experienced.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I had a phone interview that went really good. I was being interviewed for 2 medical assistant positions at once.. I got denied for one so I thought I got denied for both. A month or so later I had a face to face interview for a part time position

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when u was at work and u went far and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online and they got back within a week for a pre-recorded video interview. Five questions in total. They give you 1-2 minutes for you to prepare the answer and you get to record your answer after that. You can answer up to 2 mins in each question.

Interview Questions

• Why CHOP?   Answer Question
    • Tell us when you had to deal a difficult situation in communicating with other people.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you were different from people around you and what did you learn from that experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question
    • Two units/ fields you would I to work at CHOP   Answer Question

CLINICAL RESEARCH FINANCIAL ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 11 different people for 1 hour each. Took about a week. I applied for a research coordinator position online. A day later, the hiring manager for the research department reached out to me via email saying she ran across my resume and has a position she thought I would be ideal for. I wasnt interested so I never applied for that positon. About a month later, HR reached out to me saying the hiring manager things I would be good for this same particular position and asked if I would be interest in an interview. Again, I was not interested so I did not respond. About a week after that, another HR rep emailed me asking if I would be interested in interviewing for this position and that the hiring manager insited that I would be a good fit for this particular position. Finally I agreed, and within 3 weeks I had a interview scheduled with 11 people ( all upper management) that was about a week long.

Interview Questions

• What is the determining factor when deciding what research charges are covered by the sponsor or could be billed to personal insurance.   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I began applying for Patient Service Representative positions in late March 2017. I received an email inviting me to phone interview with a recruiter on Tuesday, April 18, 2016. I scheduled the very next available interview for Tuesday, April 265, 2016. I work a normal 9-5 at a major insurance company so I made sure to schedule time off with my current employer to meet the needs and demands of CHOP's interview processing. My interview was scheduled for 10:40am-11:00am with an interviewer. I sat at my kitchen table all ready to interview when waiting for 5 minutes turned into 10, to 14, to 20, to 35 minutes AFTER the scheduled interview time. Worried that I could've possibly done something wrong in the scheduling, I kindly emailed the Talent Acquisition Team and placed a phone call for an automatic callback inquiring about the status of the interview and if it had been rescheduled. I'd finally received a phone call from a young lady in the HR office at 11:30 who'd stated she and the office were unaware that that particular interview stepped out of the office, apologized for the inconvenience and kindly rescheduled me for Thursday, April 27th. Still no replies to my email inquiries until at 1:24pm on April 25th (the same day of my originally scheduled phone interview) The original interviewer advised that unfortunately she would have to cancel my RESCHEDULED interview because the position has been filled and 'good luck with my job search'. How is the position filled the day of the interview - BEFORE I COULD EVEN interview? If She was "out of the office and the HR department weren't aware of her absence" how could she have sent me that harsh, nasty email? I also want to note that my interviewer never apologized for how she treated me at the start of the morning.

I just wanted to let CHOP know that I did not appreciate how I was treated and handled during this brief interview process. I felt robbed of my time and effort, and completely disrespected. It was very unprofessional, inconvenient, and inconsiderate!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview asking my experience and giving some information about the job. Recruiter was very nice and calm, which made me relax. Plenty of give and take in the conversation. Did not feel one-sided.

Technical Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to discuss about opportunity , he followed up after couple days with Interview time and date. No response after follow up email and calls after interview, I called every other week and Talent acquisition team mentioned that I am still being considered and recruiter can't follow up with you because they are so busy. Last week a person from Talent team mentioned that position is filed and she is not sure why I was not notified about that.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

got and invite for a phone interview went on for about 20 minutes. Then three weeks later got an invite for a in person interview. They were very professional and asked a lot of behavioral and situational questions. Think they focused more on personal experience versus technical skils.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

From start to finish, it took about three months. I was interviewed by four people at different times and was not reimbursed for parking or transportation. First I was screened by Human Resources. Then I was called by a middle level staff person on the project and interviewed. Then I was called in for a face to face interview with a manager. And then I was called in for another face to face interview with the Principal Investigator. The manager seemed eager to have the position filled. The Principal Investigator looked at her phone several times during the interview, but took time to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with clinical research? Why do you want this position? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I accepted the offer they gave me without negotiation.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the new graduate residency program via the employee referral program. I was asked to complete a video interview, which entailed recording answers to 5 pre-recorded questions over a webcam. The next day I was informed that I was entered the talent pool, and a couple of weeks later an in-person interview with a 3.5-hour shadowing experience on the unit I applied to was scheduled. The in-person interview felt casual, and was mostly the unit manager describing the unit and the position, with only two or three questions for me. I was called with a job offer one week after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOP?
      What patient had the biggest impact on you?
      Tell us about a time you had difficulty communicating with someone.
      Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient.   1 Answer