Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

3.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the new graduate residency program via the employee referral program. I was asked to complete a video interview, which entailed recording answers to 5 pre-recorded questions over a webcam. The next day I was informed that I was entered the talent pool, and a couple of weeks later an in-person interview with a 3.5-hour shadowing experience on the unit I applied to was scheduled. The in-person interview felt casual, and was mostly the unit manager describing the unit and the position, with only two or three questions for me. I was called with a job offer one week after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOP?
    What patient had the biggest impact on you?
    Tell us about a time you had difficulty communicating with someone.
    Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online for new graduate rn residency, received invitation for video interview which should be completed within 2weeks, a week later received I passed and wait for the unit to contact me. Second level interview 2months later. Unit manager interview and shadowing

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was for a brand new unit that was set to start almost a year out from when I first applied. The process took a long time but the recruiter kept me informed the entire time and was very vocal about her interest in me. I was very confident during the process although under qualified from the job description alone. The manager, director, and recruiter were very wise and could see that although I did not have the medical RN experience, I was enthusiastic about the position. They began to question me about my interest in leadership roles in the hospital for the future.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at CHOP?   1 Answer
    • Why should we bring you on our staff?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and recruitment and interview with nursing management. Final interview with HR and then offer over phone. Was an overall great process at CHOP

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied to new grad position in February, was asked to complete a video interview about two weeks later, a few day after that I was told that I was accepted to their RN talent pool and would hear back from a unit who wanted to interview me. A week later I was asked to come in for an in person interview and 8 hr shadow day. I received an offer a week and a half after my interview. The interview was great and they made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nurse resident salary non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

A phone interview, followed by a video interview that asked 5 pre-recorded questions. You were given the question then 30 seconds before your web cam started recording and had 1:30-2 mins to answer each. After i completed the video interview I heard back within a day to come in for a in person interview. I wasnt given any information about which floor I was interviewing for until I arrived. THe in person interview was about the same as the video with a few repeat questions. After I finished I didn't hear back for almost 4 weeks and it was to let me know I did not recieve an offer. All in all everyone was very nice and the interview was one and one and felt more casual than previous interviews I had been on.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had trouble communicating with someone, how did you rectify the situation and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time you worked in a group with members that were different than you.   1 Answer
    • How would a clinical instructor of yours describe your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at CHOP?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I thought the interview went well but I didn't get the job for whatever reason. Anyway it was for the best because I ended up getting a job at another great hospital about a month later.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about, "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Online application, then there was a video interview with pre-recorded questions and a time limit, then a group interview, and last was a shadow day and interview after, all of if was pretty spaced out and took a long time to hear back after each step

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied online after receiving an employee referral. A week later I received an email to complete a recorded webcam interview on my computer which was very weird. A recruiter then emailed me a few days later to set up an in-person interview with the floor manager. After interviewing 1:1 with the floor manager I shadowed a nurse on the floor for 8hrs the following week. I got an email the next day letting me know I did not receive the job. It was a pretty quick process and I appreciated how fast they got back to me so I wasn't waiting around waiting to hear if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOP?
      What patient did you learn the most from?
      State a time when you overcame a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Reached out to a friend in the department I was interested in, general application online, pending tasks, video interview, acceptance to new rn talent pool, and now waiting. About a week between all steps but now in the pool for over a month

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with someone who was different than you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Need to be persistent and contact a recruiter almost weekly.