Find jobs for Registered Nurse

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 315 interviews

Employee Referral26%
Recruiter4%
HardAverageEasy

Application

Interview

Recorded interview then video interview with hiring manager. Was not bad, asks several questions regarding patient care and experience. Just make sure to have different scenorios to reflect on and talk about.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for CHOP
    Answer Question

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Application

I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview

Met with the recruiter and reviewed my resume and answered interview type questions. Then met with manager who outlined position requirements and answered more interview type questions. The process seemed a bit lengthy but it may have been because it was split into two separate sessions which I was unaware of.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview

Virtual interview. Gave you 30 seconds to come up with an answer, so it wasn't bad. There were only about 5 questions and no one was on the other end, it was just computerized.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview

The one way video interview and in person interview was very on point and relaxed. The manager who interviewed me asked questions that would be directly related to my ability to provide quality care to the patients of CHOP.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in Oct 2019

Interview

I got an email stating that I was selected for a phone interview, I had to schedule the phone interview. A woman did a phone interview the next day, asked some questions and then scheduled a personal interview. I was able to tour the unit and then got a job offer after the tour.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time where you had to speak up on behalf of your patient.

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Application

I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview

Very thorough, between the video aspect, the shadow experience and in person interview. Everyone was very welcoming and nice however and seem to want you to get the job! Some of the in person questions were somewhat tricky though.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you failed at something and what were the consequences?

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview

I applied for the nurse residency program the beginning of March and was asked to complete a video interview 3 weeks later. I completed the video interview and am now waiting to hear if they will allow me to continue on in the process.

Interview Questions
  • name a time you were unable to keep a deadline
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in Nov 2018

Interview

After applying, I was asked to interviewed via webcam video, then was invite in to do in person interviews. From there it was a lot of waiting but then the hiring process was simple and quick.

Interview Questions
  • Have you had a time that you made a mistake at work? What did you do to make sure the patient was safe?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in Aug 2018

Interview

Video-interview soon after I applied for the position. Following that, I was contacted for an in person interview that went very well. After this, I was asked to put in references to be evaluated. Once that was done, I received an email to complete more on my profile agreeing to background check, etc. No offer yet, it has been a week and a half since the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a patient.

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Application

I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Interview

Came in for in person interview with HR and then she took me to meet nurse managers from two areas (one area I did not apply for). Both nurses were talking me into applying for the job I was not there to interview for. Very all over the place. Then they brought another nurse and let me speak to her alone about the other job. She was rude and kept trying to intimidate me about the position (that I did not want). Did not receive any notification for 1.5 months about if I got the job or did not (knowing I did not).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Interviews