Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Technician II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Technician II Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview about a week after having filled out the application and then received a face-to-face interview about a week after that. I went to CHOP a few days later and interviewed in person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone interview first with HR, then scheduled interview with actual hiring manager/PI.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected but this ALWAYS depends on the hiring manager. Be prepared as much as possible and research the principal investigator and the work they do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Salary was grant based.

Research Technician II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in February 2011.

Interview

I set up the interview via e-mails exchanged with the PI who was recruiting a technician. The interview consisted of about one hour one-on-one with the PI (the research conducted and expectations were discussed, as well as the research experiences I had), about one and a half hours in the lab (meeting other lab members for them to explain what they like / dislike about the lab, as well as a tour of the lab equipment), and finally about ten minutes with an HR rep (mostly to explain the hiring process). I rarely felt like I was being evaluated directly, it was more of a test to see whether our personalities would work well with one another.