Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.6

Clinical Nutrition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took 6+ weeks. I was initially contacted by a recruiter. I had 7 interviews with 11 people in total. 2 days of in-person interviewing and 2 days of Skype interviews. The interview process was lengthy and somewhat confusing. It seemed every individual I met with had a separate agenda and it was as if there was little communication going on behind the scenes between the multiple departments. This, of course, made interviewing quite difficult as I found myself repeating often or leaving something out; like a question, concern, observation, etc. The company very much expects those who interview to be more "in the know" about their facility. This is advantageous for a Wisconsin-raised or internal candidate but not so much for external candidates. Overall the atmosphere and culture of the company seemed respectable, dedicated, and lively which was very refreshing. Everyone is very knowledgeable and truly passionate about patient/pediatric care. Throughout the interview process I was frequently told "you're their top candidate" however a day after relaying my salary request to my recruiter I was told they had offered the position to another candidate and she had accepted. It felt a bit odd as one person I interviewed with relayed "all of our RD's are grossly underpaid." I did not receive a formal letter/response from Children's.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a team of individuals that are sincerely considered experts in their field?   1 Answer

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I am a current employee who applied for another position within the CHW system. I heard from HR about a month after I had applied for the position, set up a 30 minute phone interview with HR where he explained the usual, job, potential compensation etc, then set up a time for me to meet with the department manager a week later. I met with the manager and a supervisor, they were very nice and welcoming and seemed to be interested in hiring me. At the end of the interview I had asked when I could expect to hear a response and they told me that HR would contact me by the following week. The next day I sent the manager a thank you note and let her know that I was still very interested in the position. One week went by without a response. I brushed it off as perhaps something came up or they got busy. The beginning of the second week I sent an email to HR to follow up with the interview and offered to provide information if needed. No response. I contacted HR again one week later (this is 3 weeks now) NO RESPONSE! Again, I waited another week, still giving the benefit of the doubt. Again, NO response!!! Nothing!! It has been a month and a half since I interviewed and didn't even get the reject email for closure. The HR department here seems to lack in the communication department of potential employees and internal transfers. It really sucks not to hear back, even a decline letter would have been nice. At least then I would know for sure.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple, I was an internal candidate, so the interview process was a quick phone call with HR to identify my goals as a nurse and where I would like to be, followed by a standard interview with the unit manager and shadowing opportunity on the unit I was interviewing for.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Brookfield, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Never had a chance was told i wasnt qualified because not an RN BUT job was given to non nurse who only had high school diploma and no college

Interview Questions

• Always ask where do you see youraelfbin 5 years   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for this job through a referral of an employee. I had a phone interview by the end of the week and after passing that sent in my paperwork (privacy, background check, etc.) and then was brought in for a panel interview with the floor managers. Everything was laid back and the interviewers were very nice and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you had to make a decision without supervision?   Answer Question

Physician Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Wauwatosa, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

I was an out of state candidate, so we did a Skype interview. After that, I was invited for an onsite interview. I went to visit (at my own expense as it was worked into a visit I was already making to the area) and met with the HR rep, the Director of HR, and the team. They were accommodating and friendly. There was little to no follow up after the interview without me having to seek them out. Weeks later, I was asked to complete another phone interview with a physician I would be working closely with. The phone interview was pleasant, but very repetitive. No one from Children's followed up with me after that interview despite several attempts by me to reach out to close the loop as I had other opportunities I was pursuing. It was a very long and drawn out process with no closure. I was really disappointed.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a 30 minute in person about a week later. Very simple process. There was a computer skills assessment first, and then the interview. The whole thing took about 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basic background type questions, what my overall attitude is like. They shared a lot of what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Clinical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with both the Unit manager and Unit supervisor at the same time. It made for an easy going experience. We talked about my resume` and what my professional goals were and then got to go on a tour of the different areas where I would be working. I was able to ask questions along the way.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, about three weeks later got an email for a phone interview. Phone interview was about 20 minutes, basic behavioral questions, during the phone interview got invited to come in for an in person interview the following week. Met with three different members of HR team and basically walked through my resume, asked me questions about my past experiences. They left to discuss and then offered me the job. .

Interview Questions

• In-person interview had no hard questions. Phone interview- "tell me about a time you consider a success..etc."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Originally, it was only supposed to be part-time, but I was able to negotiate for full-time for first two months.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with Supervisor regarding intern position. Great experience, and great questions asked during process to really get you to think about why you are applying for this position and why you want to go in to this field.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine boundaries between client/worker relationship?   1 Answer