Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2018

2.8

Pharmacy Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Independence, MO) in January 2018.

Interview

I submitted my app on Dec. 20, did video interview right after, & one on one interview on Jan. 17... The staff was more than friendly & informative, I interview with a pharmacy tech manager & Pharmacy tech lead who asked normal interview questions & gave me a tour in the pharmacy and told me I should hear something in a week due to interviewing other candidates, which I did!

IS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

I was brought in and met with a manager and director. We talked about my experience, what I like to do, what the job role would require, and things I would like to learn to do and what I looked forward to in my career.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about solving a production issue? Where would you start and how would you get there?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in October 2017.

Interview

I just did the online one so far. It was very situational and asked about passed experiences you had. This was my first CNA job I applied for since I just got my license, so I did not have much experience to talk about which I think made it more difficult. I do volunteer at the hospital so hoping that will help with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you worked with a difficult person. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Explain sometime you have great customer service skills.   Answer Question
    • What will you last supervisor say is your strength and weakness   Answer Question

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview. It was not very hard. Download the app for the program. 30 seconds practice then three minutes to answer. Feedback pretty quickly online. Come prepared for typical interview questions, and it will be no problem

Interview Questions

• A time you worked with a difficult coworker and how you responded   1 Answer

Picu Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. I received an email stating my application had been forwarded to the hiring manager within a week. Two weeks later, I received an email for an interview.
    My interview was scheduled four weeks out. Met with HR to discuss the unit and benefits and then took the shuttle to the hospital. Met with five staff members for the interview and a tour.
    Received an offer a week later.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Contacted by HR after submitting my online resume. Management was to continue the process directly. Couple of weeks of silence. Then the appointment was made. Met with a panel of managers. Then a week later the notification was made.

Interview Questions

• Situations and the usual why should they hire you. Did I like my current position? What will you do if you don't get the position?   Answer Question

NICU RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

There is an online interview, then video interviews which took about an hour in total if you applied for medical/surgical positions and ICU positions, then in person interview there were three RNs present in the interview, one being a nurse manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have been in a critical clinical situation and how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Was almost instantly contacted to do a video interview within 48 hours. That was several weeks ago but never heard back. Pretty easy interview. Was asked 5 questions. Most questions were about telecommuting. You have 30 seconds to prepare and then it starts recording your answer.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

The first interview was a live web chat with the director of decision support. Then the second interview was in person. They flew me out to meet in person. The company thinks they are advanced with analytics, but in reality are far behind other hospital systems. I ended up not being interested in this position and instead took a promotion at my current company. This data scientist role is not what one would typically think of as a data scientist. It is a very rudimentary data scientist position. Salary offer was max $39/hr. That is not a data scientist salary imho.

Interview Questions

• What types of projects have you worked on in the past?   1 Answer

Mill Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got emailed 3 weeks later for online web interview. A week later got called for an in person interview. Easy laid back interview. Bad communication. No feedback. Couldnt bother to tell mebI wasnt chosen.