Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2018

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in April 2018.

Interview

Received a request for interview 5 days after applying. On day of interview, I met with HR for approx 30 minutes then took the shuttle to the main hospital to interview with the team. They explained the unit, asked standard nursing interview questions, gave me an opportunity to ask questions and gave me a tour of the unit. Received an offer the next day.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Process took 1 month from start to finish. I received a response within 2 days of applying. I was asked to do a skills test and video interview first. After that was complete, it was about 2 weeks before I received a follow-up message asking me to come in for an in-person interview. I received an offer about 1 week after the in-person interview.

PICU New Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied soon after the application period opened. The application required that you submit a video interview within 48 hours. The video interview was pretty standard. It consisted of behavioral questions, I think there were 7 or so. You had 30 seconds to prepare yourself, once the question displayed, before the video started recording. I received an email a couple of weeks later inviting me to an in-person interview. I was so so excited!!

The in-person interview consisted of two separate interviews, one was with two PICU leaders and one was with three nurses from the unit (a mix of charge and staff). They asked approx 10-15 questions per interview. The questions came from a big packet, which I assume was used for all interviewees. The questions all began to run together and by the end I felt like I didn't even know what I was talking about. It was pretty intense. Unfortunately I was not offered a job. I was disappointed, but I know I didn't rock the interview, so I don't totally blame them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult working relationship you have had and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Independence, MO) in January 2018.

Interview

I submitted my app on Dec. 20, did video interview right after, & one on one interview on Jan. 17... The staff was more than friendly & informative, I interview with a pharmacy tech manager & Pharmacy tech lead who asked normal interview questions & gave me a tour in the pharmacy and told me I should hear something in a week due to interviewing other candidates, which I did!

IS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

I was brought in and met with a manager and director. We talked about my experience, what I like to do, what the job role would require, and things I would like to learn to do and what I looked forward to in my career.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about solving a production issue? Where would you start and how would you get there?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in October 2017.

Interview

I just did the online one so far. It was very situational and asked about passed experiences you had. This was my first CNA job I applied for since I just got my license, so I did not have much experience to talk about which I think made it more difficult. I do volunteer at the hospital so hoping that will help with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you worked with a difficult person. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Explain sometime you have great customer service skills.   Answer Question
    • What will you last supervisor say is your strength and weakness   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in September 2017.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn using the easy apply function so I figured it was a longshot. I was pleasantly surprised to get an email from them inviting me for an interview which had to be rescheduled several times because people are out of town. I researched the job, the field, the hospital extensively talking to everyone I knew in town that was connected because I’ve heard it is an excellent place to work, they have great benefits and the pay is generous . HR escorted me from one person to the next. it was never clear to me what role they would play in the interview or decision making process. Everyone I interviewed with was very warm but guarded. The job was a little bit of a stretch for me. It seemed like they were interested. I was thrilled when I got a call back for second interview with the people who were not available for first time. They were much more skeptical and challenging in their questions. They offered the job to someone else who I suspect was younger, cheaper (and white.)

Interview Questions

• Why specifically do you want to leave your seemingly cushy job for this job?   1 Answer

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview. It was not very hard. Download the app for the program. 30 seconds practice then three minutes to answer. Feedback pretty quickly online. Come prepared for typical interview questions, and it will be no problem

Interview Questions

• A time you worked with a difficult coworker and how you responded   1 Answer

Picu Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. I received an email stating my application had been forwarded to the hiring manager within a week. Two weeks later, I received an email for an interview.
    My interview was scheduled four weeks out. Met with HR to discuss the unit and benefits and then took the shuttle to the hospital. Met with five staff members for the interview and a tour.
    Received an offer a week later.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Contacted by HR after submitting my online resume. Management was to continue the process directly. Couple of weeks of silence. Then the appointment was made. Met with a panel of managers. Then a week later the notification was made.

Interview Questions

• Situations and the usual why should they hire you. Did I like my current position? What will you do if you don't get the position?   Answer Question