Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2018

2.8

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Was almost instantly contacted to do a video interview within 48 hours. That was several weeks ago but never heard back. Pretty easy interview. Was asked 5 questions. Most questions were about telecommuting. You have 30 seconds to prepare and then it starts recording your answer.

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Online video interview came first through an email link. Straightforward and average interview questions, with maybe six questions total to answer. It was then followed by in-person interview with specific inpatient floor's management.

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember a specific question as this was three years ago, but would say they were normal, to be expected, interview questions that were asked both online and in-person.   Answer Question

Lab Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

From the online application, a recruiter emailed me to set up an interview. The interview was at the main campus and was done in 2 stages, one with the recruiter and then a trip to the hospital to meet with the actual lab manager. In all, it probably took around 2 hours so definitely not short but it did show you where you will potentially work even if you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job? What are some strengths and weaknesses? Explain a difficult situation on the job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in January 2009.

Interview

I had already been working for this employer as a Care Assistant. It was fairly easy to get a job interview as an internal candidate. From what I have heard from others, it is pretty hard to get an interview if you don't know anyone who already works there.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on getting your BSN.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Applying online is relatively easy, same procedures as most hospitals.

The interview process takes a long time to even start. Initial contact from HR took months yet I had over 5 years of pediatric experience. I received a random phone call one day from HR requesting an interview. The process now includes a self recorded initial interview which I find impersonal plus current employees are not exempt.

The actual interview itself was fine. Normal interview questions were asked and I was a given tour. This tour seemed nice but felt like I was being paraded around. I was introduced to staff which felt awkward but everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult coworker or family; how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existent. You were essentially given an amount and expected to accept or reject.

IS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

I was brought in and met with a manager and director. We talked about my experience, what I like to do, what the job role would require, and things I would like to learn to do and what I looked forward to in my career.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about solving a production issue? Where would you start and how would you get there?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in September 2017.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn using the easy apply function so I figured it was a longshot. I was pleasantly surprised to get an email from them inviting me for an interview which had to be rescheduled several times because people are out of town. I researched the job, the field, the hospital extensively talking to everyone I knew in town that was connected because I’ve heard it is an excellent place to work, they have great benefits and the pay is generous . HR escorted me from one person to the next. it was never clear to me what role they would play in the interview or decision making process. Everyone I interviewed with was very warm but guarded. The job was a little bit of a stretch for me. It seemed like they were interested. I was thrilled when I got a call back for second interview with the people who were not available for first time. They were much more skeptical and challenging in their questions. They offered the job to someone else who I suspect was younger, cheaper (and white.)

Interview Questions

• Why specifically do you want to leave your seemingly cushy job for this job?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

met with my future boss and those I'd be working with. They asked good questions about my strengths and experience. I asked about the work environment, benefits, experience, any specific projects I was working on. At the end they asked if I was excited about any of those projects or opportunities. I said I was and they seemed to respond well to that.

Interview Questions

• Are you excited about the projects we have listed?   1 Answer

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview. It was not very hard. Download the app for the program. 30 seconds practice then three minutes to answer. Feedback pretty quickly online. Come prepared for typical interview questions, and it will be no problem

Interview Questions

• A time you worked with a difficult coworker and how you responded   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in September 2012.

Interview

Awful experience. Rude and would not contact me back about the position. You're wasting your time taking the $13.50 per hour they pay unless you're young, uneducated or desperate. I have a much better position, so thank GOD I didn't receive an offer and stupidly accept it.