Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview. It was not very hard. Download the app for the program. 30 seconds practice then three minutes to answer. Feedback pretty quickly online. Come prepared for typical interview questions, and it will be no problem

Interview Questions

• A time you worked with a difficult coworker and how you responded   1 Answer

Picu Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. I received an email stating my application had been forwarded to the hiring manager within a week. Two weeks later, I received an email for an interview.
    My interview was scheduled four weeks out. Met with HR to discuss the unit and benefits and then took the shuttle to the hospital. Met with five staff members for the interview and a tour.
    Received an offer a week later.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Contacted by HR after submitting my online resume. Management was to continue the process directly. Couple of weeks of silence. Then the appointment was made. Met with a panel of managers. Then a week later the notification was made.

Interview Questions

• Situations and the usual why should they hire you. Did I like my current position? What will you do if you don't get the position?   Answer Question

NICU RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

There is an online interview, then video interviews which took about an hour in total if you applied for medical/surgical positions and ICU positions, then in person interview there were three RNs present in the interview, one being a nurse manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have been in a critical clinical situation and how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Was almost instantly contacted to do a video interview within 48 hours. That was several weeks ago but never heard back. Pretty easy interview. Was asked 5 questions. Most questions were about telecommuting. You have 30 seconds to prepare and then it starts recording your answer.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

The first interview was a live web chat with the director of decision support. Then the second interview was in person. They flew me out to meet in person. The company thinks they are advanced with analytics, but in reality are far behind other hospital systems. I ended up not being interested in this position and instead took a promotion at my current company. This data scientist role is not what one would typically think of as a data scientist. It is a very rudimentary data scientist position. Salary offer was max $39/hr. That is not a data scientist salary imho.

Interview Questions

• What types of projects have you worked on in the past?   1 Answer

Mill Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got emailed 3 weeks later for online web interview. A week later got called for an in person interview. Easy laid back interview. Bad communication. No feedback. Couldnt bother to tell mebI wasnt chosen.

Dialysis Nurse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very welcoming and very organized. The whole process was extremely professional from all phone/email interactions with HR, to meeting and interviewing with the managers (x2 interviews)

This interview was conducted as more of a conversation than a Q&A session. None of the typical "tell me about a time" questions that I had prepared to answer. Discussion of qualifications and the obvious basic stuff and basically just verifying and elaborating on my resume. Continued with more conversation including why both of us got into this specialty and what we like about it, discussed how previous HD position was similar/different to this position and why. Then toured unit and met staff. Second interview was similar but with a couple different managers from the department in the conference room. Second interview felt much more relaxed and like a "get to know you" session. Did not accept the job only because I accepted a different position :)

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifically but there was not that many questions. Typical "get to know you" stuff and then why I liked this specialty and how i got started with it. Then into resume questions. She did inquire what machines and equipment (brand and model) that I was familiar with from previous experience and we discussed what they use and I was shown an example. Really no questions that didn't have obvious answers were asked to be honest.   Answer Question

Accepted a different position :)

Lab Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

From the online application, a recruiter emailed me to set up an interview. The interview was at the main campus and was done in 2 stages, one with the recruiter and then a trip to the hospital to meet with the actual lab manager. In all, it probably took around 2 hours so definitely not short but it did show you where you will potentially work even if you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job? What are some strengths and weaknesses? Explain a difficult situation on the job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

I did a video interview. Received an email requesting that I complete a video interview. I had to download an app to my phone and after installing the app, it guided me through the process. It's a little unusual to record yourself answering questions, but I warmed up to it as the interview went along. It took about 20 minutes to complete. The questions are timed and you get a minute or so to prepare an answer after you see each question.