Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.9

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Was almost instantly contacted to do a video interview within 48 hours. That was several weeks ago but never heard back. Pretty easy interview. Was asked 5 questions. Most questions were about telecommuting. You have 30 seconds to prepare and then it starts recording your answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to telecommute?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

The first interview was a live web chat with the director of decision support. Then the second interview was in person. They flew me out to meet in person. The company thinks they are advanced with analytics, but in reality are far behind other hospital systems. I ended up not being interested in this position and instead took a promotion at my current company. This data scientist role is not what one would typically think of as a data scientist. It is a very rudimentary data scientist position. Salary offer was max $39/hr. That is not a data scientist salary imho.

Interview Questions

• What types of projects have you worked on in the past?   1 Answer

Mill Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got emailed 3 weeks later for online web interview. A week later got called for an in person interview. Easy laid back interview. Bad communication. No feedback. Couldnt bother to tell mebI wasnt chosen.

Dialysis Nurse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very welcoming and very organized. The whole process was extremely professional from all phone/email interactions with HR, to meeting and interviewing with the managers (x2 interviews)

This interview was conducted as more of a conversation than a Q&A session. None of the typical "tell me about a time" questions that I had prepared to answer. Discussion of qualifications and the obvious basic stuff and basically just verifying and elaborating on my resume. Continued with more conversation including why both of us got into this specialty and what we like about it, discussed how previous HD position was similar/different to this position and why. Then toured unit and met staff. Second interview was similar but with a couple different managers from the department in the conference room. Second interview felt much more relaxed and like a "get to know you" session. Did not accept the job only because I accepted a different position :)

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifically but there was not that many questions. Typical "get to know you" stuff and then why I liked this specialty and how i got started with it. Then into resume questions. She did inquire what machines and equipment (brand and model) that I was familiar with from previous experience and we discussed what they use and I was shown an example. Really no questions that didn't have obvious answers were asked to be honest.   Answer Question

Accepted a different position :)

Lab Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

From the online application, a recruiter emailed me to set up an interview. The interview was at the main campus and was done in 2 stages, one with the recruiter and then a trip to the hospital to meet with the actual lab manager. In all, it probably took around 2 hours so definitely not short but it did show you where you will potentially work even if you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job? What are some strengths and weaknesses? Explain a difficult situation on the job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

I did a video interview. Received an email requesting that I complete a video interview. I had to download an app to my phone and after installing the app, it guided me through the process. It's a little unusual to record yourself answering questions, but I warmed up to it as the interview went along. It took about 20 minutes to complete. The questions are timed and you get a minute or so to prepare an answer after you see each question.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I first did a phone interview with the division manager. Then, several weeks later, I interviewed with almost the entire team (clinical and non-clinical roles) over the course of one day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would get up-to-speed in a clinical area that was different from my prior experience.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

There was a short 5-10 mins with the HR representative about benefits. I then took a shuttle over to the hospital to interview with the doctor, multiple coordinators, and the directors of the unit that I would be working on. The interview took roughly 4 hours. They were one on one, 20 min interviews with each person. It was grueling and tiring, and honestly, I was just being asked the same questions by each interviewer. It also felt a bit disorganized. I was told that I would hear of a decision shortly, and I never heard back from HR (even after following up). It would have been nice/professional to at least get a "sorry, but no thanks" email seeing as the entire interview process was very long and exhaustive.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

met with my future boss and those I'd be working with. They asked good questions about my strengths and experience. I asked about the work environment, benefits, experience, any specific projects I was working on. At the end they asked if I was excited about any of those projects or opportunities. I said I was and they seemed to respond well to that.

Interview Questions

• Are you excited about the projects we have listed?   1 Answer

Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The format was fine. There was a three person interview and tour, one and a half hours long. The length of the interview was difficult due to not getting a moment to really think and refocus after such a long series of questions.

Everyone was really nice.

I think that one thing that they should give is feedback on how a person could improve their interview skills.
    They have amazing benefits package, and IS a very competitive place to attempt to get a position. I was one of about four people that was interviewed.