Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The format was fine. There was a three person interview and tour, one and a half hours long. The length of the interview was difficult due to not getting a moment to really think and refocus after such a long series of questions.

Everyone was really nice.

I think that one thing that they should give is feedback on how a person could improve their interview skills.
    They have amazing benefits package, and IS a very competitive place to attempt to get a position. I was one of about four people that was interviewed.

Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

It was a video interview, you answer five multiple choice questions and then answer five questions on video. You are shown the question and get 30 seconds of prep time and up to 3 minutes of answer time. It made me more nervous to be recorded than I would be with a person.

In the email it said it would take a few weeks to hear back if they were considering you for a position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Filed out online application, got an email two days later asking that I do a video interview within 48 hrs. It's not with an hr person on the other side of the screen. You get to practice by answering some random questions that hr won't see. You tape your responses and the hr person will review on their own time. I was asked 5 multiple choice questions (what days/shifts are you available) that I didn't have to tape a response for, just click for your response. Then I was asked to respond on video about a time that was stressful, what I thought employers should offer their employees in the workplace, and give an example of your organization skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were stressed in the workplace   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted via my email address first. I then responded and the HR personnel scheduled the interview. I arrived was given a medication calculation test and did a 1:1 interview with the HR recruiter. Asked a lot of questions, tried to find out who I was as a person and what I was looking for in an employer. Then went for an interview in the unit I applied for. Met the manager in the front lobby and was escorted to the unit - at which time we went to the desk and was introduced to employees who were then asked to the interview if they wanted. Ended up being a group interview...interviewed by 5 employees and the manager. Was impressed with the "team work" attitude and not one negative was said by the employees. HR seemed a bit disorganized but learned as the day progressed a front office person was sick.

Interview Questions

• What can you provide us as a company that someone else may not be able too?   1 Answer

Picu Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. I received an email stating my application had been forwarded to the hiring manager within a week. Two weeks later, I received an email for an interview.
    My interview was scheduled four weeks out. Met with HR to discuss the unit and benefits and then took the shuttle to the hospital. Met with five staff members for the interview and a tour.
    Received an offer a week later.

Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

For the PICU First you meet with a small group with a few nurses and another care Assistant, then you meet with the managers. The interviews are always during the day even for night positions.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Contacted by HR after submitting my online resume. Management was to continue the process directly. Couple of weeks of silence. Then the appointment was made. Met with a panel of managers. Then a week later the notification was made.

Interview Questions

• Situations and the usual why should they hire you. Did I like my current position? What will you do if you don't get the position?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

The first interview was a live web chat with the director of decision support. Then the second interview was in person. They flew me out to meet in person. The company thinks they are advanced with analytics, but in reality are far behind other hospital systems. I ended up not being interested in this position and instead took a promotion at my current company. This data scientist role is not what one would typically think of as a data scientist. It is a very rudimentary data scientist position. Salary offer was max $39/hr. That is not a data scientist salary imho.

Interview Questions

• What types of projects have you worked on in the past?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

First step after online application is a video interview. This sounds intimidating, but just prepare like for any other interview and ensure you have a quiet, simple, well-lit area to record it in. After that I worked with a recruiter who was helpful but did make some mistakes, including setting me up for an interview with a manager for a position that was not the work schedule I have indicated availability for. However, when that did not work out, I was quickly (within 10 days) scheduled for an interview in another area that was hiring for the schedule I wanted. For me the process was quick, I think less than a month from video interview to start date.

Interview Questions

• I don't really recall...I think it is important to be strong on why you want to work for CMH and what specific skills you have that make you a great candidate.   Answer Question

Lab Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

From the online application, a recruiter emailed me to set up an interview. The interview was at the main campus and was done in 2 stages, one with the recruiter and then a trip to the hospital to meet with the actual lab manager. In all, it probably took around 2 hours so definitely not short but it did show you where you will potentially work even if you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job? What are some strengths and weaknesses? Explain a difficult situation on the job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question