Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.8

Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The format was fine. There was a three person interview and tour, one and a half hours long. The length of the interview was difficult due to not getting a moment to really think and refocus after such a long series of questions.

Everyone was really nice.

I think that one thing that they should give is feedback on how a person could improve their interview skills.
    They have amazing benefits package, and IS a very competitive place to attempt to get a position. I was one of about four people that was interviewed.

Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

It was a video interview, you answer five multiple choice questions and then answer five questions on video. You are shown the question and get 30 seconds of prep time and up to 3 minutes of answer time. It made me more nervous to be recorded than I would be with a person.

In the email it said it would take a few weeks to hear back if they were considering you for a position.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Contacted by HR after submitting my online resume. Management was to continue the process directly. Couple of weeks of silence. Then the appointment was made. Met with a panel of managers. Then a week later the notification was made.

Interview Questions

• Situations and the usual why should they hire you. Did I like my current position? What will you do if you don't get the position?   Answer Question

Lab Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

From the online application, a recruiter emailed me to set up an interview. The interview was at the main campus and was done in 2 stages, one with the recruiter and then a trip to the hospital to meet with the actual lab manager. In all, it probably took around 2 hours so definitely not short but it did show you where you will potentially work even if you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job? What are some strengths and weaknesses? Explain a difficult situation on the job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

I did a video interview. Received an email requesting that I complete a video interview. I had to download an app to my phone and after installing the app, it guided me through the process. It's a little unusual to record yourself answering questions, but I warmed up to it as the interview went along. It took about 20 minutes to complete. The questions are timed and you get a minute or so to prepare an answer after you see each question.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

There was a short 5-10 mins with the HR representative about benefits. I then took a shuttle over to the hospital to interview with the doctor, multiple coordinators, and the directors of the unit that I would be working on. The interview took roughly 4 hours. They were one on one, 20 min interviews with each person. It was grueling and tiring, and honestly, I was just being asked the same questions by each interviewer. It also felt a bit disorganized. I was told that I would hear of a decision shortly, and I never heard back from HR (even after following up). It would have been nice/professional to at least get a "sorry, but no thanks" email seeing as the entire interview process was very long and exhaustive.

Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online, I had a fairly quick response. I did a video interview, that went well. I received an email thanking me for my interest. 3 months later I have a face to face interview with 2 of the hiring managers!

Interview Questions

• What has been one of the biggest challenges you have faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Starts with the online application, then video interview, and personal interview. The video interview is very simple, they only ask about 9 questions from which like 3 or 4 are recorded video and the rest is typing.

Interview Questions

• The questions were actually not that difficult. They covered professional and personal information as well as how you react in a certain type of situation.
      The only aspect I did not like about the experience is that, to the moment, I have not confirmation of whether I got the job or not.
      Answer Question

Professional Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

I couldn't find the right job title/positions, so selected a random one. I have many years of experience in my field. I don't think the recruiters really look at the applications/resumes, because they send out a "we have selected a candidate whose qualifications more closely match the job requirements." On some of the jobs, I can't imagine someone having more experience/qualifications than I have. Even got one that said they had determined I was not qualified for the position. REALLY?! I was infinitely qualified for it. They either didn't read my application/resume, or they just eliminate people randomly, or they already had someone picked for the job. But to tell me I am not qualified when I am is insulting.

Interview Questions

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Response

Jul 13, 2015 – Director of Talent Acquistion

We now have a better option for those who can't find the right opening that fits them, go to our career site and "Introduce Yourself to us" with a brief video and we'll get back to you with what fits ... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in September 2012.

Interview

Awful experience. Rude and would not contact me back about the position. You're wasting your time taking the $13.50 per hour they pay unless you're young, uneducated or desperate. I have a much better position, so thank GOD I didn't receive an offer and stupidly accept it.