Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Staff Nurse Interview

Interview

Very hard to get on here unless you know someone. I called and called for months before I just called HR myself to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or unexpected questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Interview

Interview and Hiring Process can be lenghting, be patient and conduct follow up inquiries.
    This company is very much into customer service friendly environment (Children Hosptial).
    I was hired and have been working for any years.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions where pretty standard questions. Nothing to complicated.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Applying online is relatively easy, same procedures as most hospitals.

The interview process takes a long time to even start. Initial contact from HR took months yet I had over 5 years of pediatric experience. I received a random phone call one day from HR requesting an interview. The process now includes a self recorded initial interview which I find impersonal plus current employees are not exempt.

The actual interview itself was fine. Normal interview questions were asked and I was a given tour. This tour seemed nice but felt like I was being paraded around. I was introduced to staff which felt awkward but everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult coworker or family; how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existent. You were essentially given an amount and expected to accept or reject.

Mill Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got emailed 3 weeks later for online web interview. A week later got called for an in person interview. Easy laid back interview. Bad communication. No feedback. Couldnt bother to tell mebI wasnt chosen.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in January 2009.

Interview

I had already been working for this employer as a Care Assistant. It was fairly easy to get a job interview as an internal candidate. From what I have heard from others, it is pretty hard to get an interview if you don't know anyone who already works there.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on getting your BSN.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in October 2014.

Interview

Have not been hired yet. I applied online, got quick response to be invited to do video interview (to be completed within 48 hours. Then, next day I got quick response to video interview saying my application was forwarded onto hiring manager for consideration. FINGERS CROSSED! :):):):):) BEST HOSPITAL IN KC, MO!

Interview Questions

• Was no hard or difficult questions. The only unexpected part was the video interview, because I had never done one before! :) Overall GREAT experience, was nervous for the interview for nothing!   Answer Question

PT/OT Aide Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

make sure to follow up with recruiters..they are very helpful and call back with additional information on the orientation process. Make sure to follow up with your interest level as they get a lot of applications.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? What do you not like about your current manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary and they came back to me with a new offer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I first did a phone interview with the division manager. Then, several weeks later, I interviewed with almost the entire team (clinical and non-clinical roles) over the course of one day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would get up-to-speed in a clinical area that was different from my prior experience.   1 Answer

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Was almost instantly contacted to do a video interview within 48 hours. That was several weeks ago but never heard back. Pretty easy interview. Was asked 5 questions. Most questions were about telecommuting. You have 30 seconds to prepare and then it starts recording your answer.

NICU RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

There is an online interview, then video interviews which took about an hour in total if you applied for medical/surgical positions and ICU positions, then in person interview there were three RNs present in the interview, one being a nurse manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have been in a critical clinical situation and how did you handle this?   Answer Question