Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview. It was not very hard. Download the app for the program. 30 seconds practice then three minutes to answer. Feedback pretty quickly online. Come prepared for typical interview questions, and it will be no problem

Interview Questions

• A time you worked with a difficult coworker and how you responded   1 Answer

NICU RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

There is an online interview, then video interviews which took about an hour in total if you applied for medical/surgical positions and ICU positions, then in person interview there were three RNs present in the interview, one being a nurse manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have been in a critical clinical situation and how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Picu Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. I received an email stating my application had been forwarded to the hiring manager within a week. Two weeks later, I received an email for an interview.
    My interview was scheduled four weeks out. Met with HR to discuss the unit and benefits and then took the shuttle to the hospital. Met with five staff members for the interview and a tour.
    Received an offer a week later.

Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

For the PICU First you meet with a small group with a few nurses and another care Assistant, then you meet with the managers. The interviews are always during the day even for night positions.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Contacted by HR after submitting my online resume. Management was to continue the process directly. Couple of weeks of silence. Then the appointment was made. Met with a panel of managers. Then a week later the notification was made.

Interview Questions

• Situations and the usual why should they hire you. Did I like my current position? What will you do if you don't get the position?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Was almost instantly contacted to do a video interview within 48 hours. That was several weeks ago but never heard back. Pretty easy interview. Was asked 5 questions. Most questions were about telecommuting. You have 30 seconds to prepare and then it starts recording your answer.

Mill Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got emailed 3 weeks later for online web interview. A week later got called for an in person interview. Easy laid back interview. Bad communication. No feedback. Couldnt bother to tell mebI wasnt chosen.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I first did a phone interview with the division manager. Then, several weeks later, I interviewed with almost the entire team (clinical and non-clinical roles) over the course of one day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would get up-to-speed in a clinical area that was different from my prior experience.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

The first interview was a live web chat with the director of decision support. Then the second interview was in person. They flew me out to meet in person. The company thinks they are advanced with analytics, but in reality are far behind other hospital systems. I ended up not being interested in this position and instead took a promotion at my current company. This data scientist role is not what one would typically think of as a data scientist. It is a very rudimentary data scientist position. Salary offer was max $39/hr. That is not a data scientist salary imho.

Interview Questions

• What types of projects have you worked on in the past?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

First step after online application is a video interview. This sounds intimidating, but just prepare like for any other interview and ensure you have a quiet, simple, well-lit area to record it in. After that I worked with a recruiter who was helpful but did make some mistakes, including setting me up for an interview with a manager for a position that was not the work schedule I have indicated availability for. However, when that did not work out, I was quickly (within 10 days) scheduled for an interview in another area that was hiring for the schedule I wanted. For me the process was quick, I think less than a month from video interview to start date.

Interview Questions

• I don't really recall...I think it is important to be strong on why you want to work for CMH and what specific skills you have that make you a great candidate.   Answer Question