Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.7

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admin Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview. It was not very hard. Download the app for the program. 30 seconds practice then three minutes to answer. Feedback pretty quickly online. Come prepared for typical interview questions, and it will be no problem

Interview Questions

• A time you worked with a difficult coworker and how you responded   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Contacted by HR after submitting my online resume. Management was to continue the process directly. Couple of weeks of silence. Then the appointment was made. Met with a panel of managers. Then a week later the notification was made.

Interview Questions

• Situations and the usual why should they hire you. Did I like my current position? What will you do if you don't get the position?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Was almost instantly contacted to do a video interview within 48 hours. That was several weeks ago but never heard back. Pretty easy interview. Was asked 5 questions. Most questions were about telecommuting. You have 30 seconds to prepare and then it starts recording your answer.

Mill Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got emailed 3 weeks later for online web interview. A week later got called for an in person interview. Easy laid back interview. Bad communication. No feedback. Couldnt bother to tell mebI wasnt chosen.

Lab Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

From the online application, a recruiter emailed me to set up an interview. The interview was at the main campus and was done in 2 stages, one with the recruiter and then a trip to the hospital to meet with the actual lab manager. In all, it probably took around 2 hours so definitely not short but it did show you where you will potentially work even if you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job? What are some strengths and weaknesses? Explain a difficult situation on the job and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

I did a video interview. Received an email requesting that I complete a video interview. I had to download an app to my phone and after installing the app, it guided me through the process. It's a little unusual to record yourself answering questions, but I warmed up to it as the interview went along. It took about 20 minutes to complete. The questions are timed and you get a minute or so to prepare an answer after you see each question.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

There was a short 5-10 mins with the HR representative about benefits. I then took a shuttle over to the hospital to interview with the doctor, multiple coordinators, and the directors of the unit that I would be working on. The interview took roughly 4 hours. They were one on one, 20 min interviews with each person. It was grueling and tiring, and honestly, I was just being asked the same questions by each interviewer. It also felt a bit disorganized. I was told that I would hear of a decision shortly, and I never heard back from HR (even after following up). It would have been nice/professional to at least get a "sorry, but no thanks" email seeing as the entire interview process was very long and exhaustive.

Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The format was fine. There was a three person interview and tour, one and a half hours long. The length of the interview was difficult due to not getting a moment to really think and refocus after such a long series of questions.

Everyone was really nice.

I think that one thing that they should give is feedback on how a person could improve their interview skills.
    They have amazing benefits package, and IS a very competitive place to attempt to get a position. I was one of about four people that was interviewed.

Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

It was a video interview, you answer five multiple choice questions and then answer five questions on video. You are shown the question and get 30 seconds of prep time and up to 3 minutes of answer time. It made me more nervous to be recorded than I would be with a person.

In the email it said it would take a few weeks to hear back if they were considering you for a position.

Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online, I had a fairly quick response. I did a video interview, that went well. I received an email thanking me for my interest. 3 months later I have a face to face interview with 2 of the hiring managers!

Interview Questions

• What has been one of the biggest challenges you have faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question