Children's National Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Communications Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's National Health System (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional as well as the supervisor that interviewed me. She was pleasant and the human resource department was helpful as well. This company has a great reputation for excellent service and I was very satisfied even being a interviewee.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers or situations?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's National Health System.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview with them. They then passed me on for a phone interview with the person who would be the supervisor of this position. We had what I thought was a friendly yet professional conversation, and this person told me that I would be hearing more from them. I sent a thank you note the next day. A long time has passed (i dont want to say exactly how much time, to be as anon as possible) and I have heard nothing. So unprofessional.

Once you move past the recruiter/headhunter stage, I believe the interviewee at least deserves a polite "we have decided to move on to other people" stock letter from the HR department, at the very least. I am a little hesitant to bash the particular employee that I interviewed with though, as this person told me they were pretty short handed on help. So perhaps a general red flag about the institution as a whole should have gone up for me (and you reading this) at that point.

Interview Questions

• How I thought my experience would fit the role. Typical things like that, no real surprise questions.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's National Health System (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview was long & drawn out. I interviewed with about 6 managers. The interview started about 2 hrs late. I did connect with one of the managers and was happy to know I would be working with her.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about attendance and working with others.   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's National Health System (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process is still on-going and I believe it depends on the particular lab. I applied end of June 2016 and first heard back mid July 2016. We did a phone interview, Web-X, then a face-to-face interview at CNMC with two weeks in between each. I was told I would find out early September 2016. I didn't hear back then so I reached out. At that point I was told they were busy with projects, were conducting other interviews, and would let me know "soon." I randomly got a call end of September 2016 asking to come in for a 2nd face-to-face interview scheduled a little over two weeks out. I wasn't even told what it would be for until I asked. No mention of salary or benefits yet.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say are your strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a team? Autonomously?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washingto Township, OH

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's National Health System (Washingto Township, OH).

Interview

Applied Nov 2015. Got call Feb 2016 and then an offer May 2016. The process was long and drawn out. I applied while in another state and they didn't want to fly me out. Conducted 3 phone interviews. 2 assessments and one FaceTime chat.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because I would have been taking a pay cut based on cost of living loving from Florida to DC. I negotiated based on experience and education for them to come up 12k, which I knew was not going to happen but I was thinking at least 5500. They came up 2999 and I declined the offer.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's National Health System (Washington, DC).

Interview

Had a phone interview with Hiring Manager first, then meet with HR hiring manager, Panel in front of 4 doctors then other staff. The whole process was done in two days, phone interview first day then asked to come in.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in certain situation, what type of software are you willing to learn. Office organizational skills.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Children's National Health System.

Interview

I interviewed with the entire department (about 10 people) at one time for about 3 hours. The interview was more like a long conversation, it was good but a little intense. They really wanted to get to know me and make sure I would be the right fit. It was also clear they wanted to fill the position as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you and your boss had opposing views? How did you handle the situation? What did you say? (I was asked several questions like this)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had another offer on the table and was able to negotiate for a little more than offered, but not much. The offer was competitive though, so I was happy.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's National Health System.

Interview

I was recommended by a friend. The interview was very easy. It was clear that they were anxious to fill the position. My qualifications were solid and they had to fill the position quickly. It was clear that the interviewer didn't know too much about event management. I spent much of the time giving direction on how I would manage the event. They seemed very relieved that my responses were in keeping with what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What was the single most important element in managing an event   1 Answer

Director of Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's National Health System (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with leadership staff to review my competency for the job. I had several rounds of interviews. Met with both Engineering and Construction staff to discuss my plans for the department and my competency for the job. Many of the questions were centered around what I felt is wrong with the department and what could be improved.

7 East RN I Interview

Application

Interview

Very laid back and super easy. I interviewed directly with the unit manager and she was extremely nice. It was my first interview ever and it was a very nice experience. Asked very basic questions that didn't require much thought. Got to shadow after and everyone on the unit seemed very positive. I have not heard back yet about the position, I assume many people applied. However, I think the interview went very well.