Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2016

1.6

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

How long have you been working. Availibility. They will make sure you are pretty.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

It was really quick interview! Interview was suppose to be at 2:30, but I arrived around 2:10 and was out no later than 2:20. They told me that they weren't quite looking for a host currently (which was weird since they had ads up....), but that she would contact her partner and see if they can fit me in the schedule. She then my got my phone number and asked what school I attended. It was really quick and nothing hard! She asked only for my age, number, and school basically. They haven't contacted me back yet.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions for me! Very quick and personal questions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy Interview. Laid back. Just answer the questions and you will get the job. If you have serving experience it will be better. Even if not, you will probably get the job if you are willing to work hard. This is a good place to get serving experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about serving experience.   1 Answer

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bastrop, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Bastrop, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Asked about 10 questions, sat at table, offered free drink, was casual. Once hired, you will take a few tests and go through extensive training. Chilis prepares you for multiple instances and you also learn as you go. You are set for success when you train at Chilis.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to apply at chilis?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect from us?   1 Answer
    • What are strong skill sets that you have?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever eaten at chilis, if so, what was your favorite dish and why?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a guest is unhappy about the service they received?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Easy, show them what a people pleaser you are and you got the job. They will also ask how you hardle people under pressure, Friday nights do get hecti but it's a breeze once you have it down.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer got upset   1 Answer