Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2016

2.0

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Emailed the address on the corporate website. Called by HR from the franchise office. Next day interviewed and hired on the spot. Not much asked. Interviewer seemed high. The other employees walking through seemed to have very minimal communication skills but somehow got hired in a customer service job.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I got there 10 minutes early and was seated and a table where I waited for about 5 minutes until the manager came out. When the manager came out she brought out my application and basically just told me about herself and the job king of. After that she went to get th general manager and we talked about life for awhile then he talked about how the position would be. When he was finished he told me he doesn't see why he wouldn't hire me and brought the other manger back. That's when she told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Long, grueling online assessment (a few hours) followed by weeks of HR interviews then AD interviews. Seems a bit much to serve people burgers and fries. Everyone was polite and it wasn't a "there's a wrong answer" type interview, almost more free wheeling conversation, which was nice. It's a big company so it weeds most people out during online assments and phone interviews, so if you make it to that point, you've probably done well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were able to give an excellent guest experience?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Application (now online) and then In-Person Interview with personality test.

Interview Questions

• You are required to take a long multiple choice test to assess your personality. You basically only pass if you answer it how they want it to be answered.   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process took about a week. Everything went pretty quick. I did apply in store. They called me after 3-4 days, hostess jobs are always circling! This is a very small entry level job. If you have confidence it will happen. This was my first job through high school. They really worked with my schedule. Although i was only part time, they usually gave me 25-30 hours a week which was amazing for a high school student that was determined to work! Tough work though, no matter what the servers say.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

It was quick and easy.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

It was pretty easy and is based a lot on personality

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Dropped off my resume and met with a manager immediately, received a call in the next few days offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What restaurant experience do you have? I didn't have any.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Interviewed first with recruiter on the phone, then she called me in and interviewed me in the office. She then had an area director contacted me and we met at a local chilis. He spoke more about chilis then we did about myself. My advice is to look on the website and read the description of the job positions they are looking to fill. There are key words (hospitality, culture) that will score you bonus points. Do research on the company's global growth and recent business changes.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to a guest dining in our restaurant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given the amount I requested. Ask for what you feel you are worth - you won't get it otherwise!