Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

1.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

really short waited for manger for a while. she eventually came over begin to tell me about the job and how the process would go. she introduced me to the employees as if I had the job already. Overall great company I just couldn't comply with the ours they were asking for. Great for students and young adults.

Interview Questions

unable to work hours they were requesting

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Arlington, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a week later telling me to schedule an interview. I arrived to interview 10 mins and was seen immediately. The whole interview lasted only about 2 minutes really. It was so quick, I thought I wasn't going to get the job. But the manager who interviewed me was very nice and all my nerves went away as soon as we started talking because of how friendly she was! I didn't get any situational questions like "what would you do if..." So it was a very easy interview. She told me she had a couple more interviews to go through and then to watch out for an email saying if I got the job or not. I received the email a little less than a week later that said I did!

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Flower Mound, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application only one and they called me back a couple days later. I went in for an interview which was just sitting at a table in he restaurant with the manager and he asked me a few questions and offered me the job on the spot. He was really nice and it was not intimidating.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. 2 weeks later, I received a phone call and was asked to come in to interview. I first interviewed with the Team Lead, Store manager ( and discussed hours) and FOH Manager. I received an offer. VERY easy interview.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Emailed the address on the corporate website. Called by HR from the franchise office. Next day interviewed and hired on the spot. Not much asked. Interviewer seemed high. The other employees walking through seemed to have very minimal communication skills but somehow got hired in a customer service job.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I got there 10 minutes early and was seated and a table where I waited for about 5 minutes until the manager came out. When the manager came out she brought out my application and basically just told me about herself and the job king of. After that she went to get th general manager and we talked about life for awhile then he talked about how the position would be. When he was finished he told me he doesn't see why he wouldn't hire me and brought the other manger back. That's when she told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Arlington, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. They were desperate so they hired me on the spot. The job was garbage. At first, it was cool. But then, the annoying customers and managers breathe down your back like you unplugged their grandmothers life support and used it to charge your phone. The job was stressful, and left me and my co-workers SHOOK.

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (McKinney, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday, they called me on a Wednesday, and I had my first interview that Friday with one manager, and then my second that next Monday. I was hired and they had me start working that week as a Hostess Trainee. The first interview was just getting to know me as a person and the second was to basically figure out my availability.To work at Chilis the only way you can apply is online,and they have you make an account on BrinkerNation.com (Brinker owns Chilis now) and when you make your account you put in your information as well as take a quiz. If you dont pass the quiz you wont get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be a Hostess at Chilis'   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Long, grueling online assessment (a few hours) followed by weeks of HR interviews then AD interviews. Seems a bit much to serve people burgers and fries. Everyone was polite and it wasn't a "there's a wrong answer" type interview, almost more free wheeling conversation, which was nice. It's a big company so it weeds most people out during online assments and phone interviews, so if you make it to that point, you've probably done well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were able to give an excellent guest experience?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Frisco, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied to Chili's about two weeks before I called. I called Wednesday, asked for a manager and asked to set up a interview. The manager accepted, and told me to come in the next day. I came in 15 minutes early an waited about 3 minutes before the manager came out (very fast). He asked me about 3 questions and seemed to like me. He then set me a interview up with the GM for the next day. I came in 15 minutes early the next day for the GM interview. The GM was very nice and asked me LOTS of questions (more than I would expect for a job that pays $7.50-8.00). She took a lot of good notes about my interview and I was very confident. I was sure I got the job. She told me should would be calling me back either later that day or no more than 24 hours. She even gave me her business card and told me: "You presented yourself very well." At that point, I knew I had it. She didn't call me back later that day, nor did she the next day. I called that next day and asked for her, and she wasn't in. So i called that Sunday. She apologized for not calling me when she said she would and that she hasn't discussed with the other manager who is getting the position so she told me to call back tomorrow (Monday) and the man will either tell me yes or no. I called that next day and the man told me: "You are not a good fit. We are looking for a daytime hostess." On my application and on BOTH my interviews, I specified that I had open availability. I'm really not sure why they said that, but I came to the conclusion that it was a race issue. At this particular location, I have NEVER seen a race other than Caucasian working here. I live 5 minutes from this location, and have been about 10-15 times in my time living in this area. I was highly disappointed at this point and considered writing to corporate about this situation. I didn't because I knew that wouldn't solve anything. But, I will never be eating at the Chili's in FRISCO, TEXAS ever again in my life because of this experience.