Chili's Grill and Bar Dishwasher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowery Branch, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Flowery Branch, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

After about a week i get a call to schedule an interview for the following week. First interview went normally, i was told to meet the general manager for an interview 2 days later. I show up and she is not there so i talk with a different manager who does a mini interview with me and tells me to come around the same time the next day. I show up and she isn't there again because she had to run some errands in which she forgot about the interview. i end up waiting for a little more than an hour until she comes back and finally do the interview. I got a rejection email later that day. Very disappointed with how unprofessional the experience was and i now know better than to be kept waiting so long. It's a shame considering the people were so friendly and apologetic about the situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
  • mainly questions relating to your online application which they have a copy with them for the interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Greenville, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was scheduled for 2:30 pm but I wasn't interviewed until 3:15. Was told that I would be getting a call back later on that evening but never received a call and was given the run around the next time that I called back.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Glendale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and followed up with a phone call within 24hrs and was told I would receive a call back. I waited about 48hrs without response so I called again and was given a distinct impression this job was unavailable to me. I may have made 3 calls, actually. So - realizing being 21 without job history, with a GED, could reflect poorly, I decided to walk-in personally. Quickly, I was given ice water then met with a manager who told me the man I needed to speak to was gravely busy. She offered a good time to return and/or a phone call back. I insisted I could wait if possible. So, I waited patiently for two hours. Upon the initial introduction it was clear the hiring manager was underwater at the time and I felt like a pest. To my surprise, after a brief Q&A he invited me to sit for an on-the-spot interview! About 20 minutes later I was told I may receive a phone call, no promises and left. Later that week I got an email that confirmed I was extended the job. This entire process took only 6 days. After a few official online form submissions, I was set up for the orientation. That is two hours of PAID pre-training. You complete an I-9, then go meet with the other new people in the dining area and chill for a bit. Then the manager appears to get started. Next, you get to order free lunch. In the time it takes to hit the table you fill out a form and get the Chili's history. About the time that's over, food arrives and you listen to the company values, mission statement, goals, etc as you eat. Then when the tables clears you engage in a quite entertaining, very informative, hour long rules & regulations/expectations booklet. After completing a group test and clocking out with your fancy new card, you head back out the door and wait for your schedule to be posted online! A simple, classy, laid-back, nerve settling process dubbed; "orientation". I loved it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seaside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Seaside, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Lady sat me on a table in the restaurant. She told me to wait a minute and a different younger lady came. She asked me how I was doing and that there was one more person that applied for the position. The interview took about 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick sit down interview with the manager and he asked me a few questions about my previous jobs, backgrounds and if I was available to work at nights weekends and on calls. I was available to work asap so they hired me fairly quickly

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work nights?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Wilmington, DE) in August 2014.

Interview

I completed the application online and got a call 2 days later for an interview. I was 5th out of 8 people interviewed that day, with 2 more they were interviewing the following day (what I was told). The interview was easy, but unorganized. I was told they were also hiring for Servers, cooks and bussers and all applicants would be considered for all positions. I was also told I should be updated on the hiring process by the end of the week.

I was never updated, as promised, even when I gave them my email and phone number on 3 seperate occasions following the interview within a 3 week span to check on the hiring process. They told me they were still interviewing applicants 2 weeks after mine.

This company should have been more professional and organized in their hiring process. Even though I have accepted a job offer elsewhere, I still have not received an update from Chili's, a month later, lol. That explains why the manager stated they have had several employees leave a few days after starting, lol.

Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Morrow, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online, next day got email for interview. Went in on Monday to talk to back of house manager. He was a real funny guy and I was instantly relaxed. He asked pretty simple questions like why would I want to work for Chili's, why would I want to work back of house than front of house, etc. He smiled at my responses and told me my next interview was in two days. Went in and signed papers and set up my schedule.

Interview Questions

• really was none, just be honest and genuine with your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

He asked what I would prefer. I told him $8/hr, he then offered me 8.60/hr, with a promise of getting 9.50/hr in a year.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Tampa, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

my sister worked there for 2 years. gave in a good word when the position opened. told me to call hiring manager. he asked about work experience and availability and set up an interview next day with the head of the kitchen operations. went in, waited for 10 minutes, he came out. very laid back and casual. asked pretty much same questions as well as how long i expected to stay (he even said he understands chilis isn't one of someone's life career), and just stressed the fast paced, active duties. asked if i could start training tomorrow

Interview Questions

• work experience, as this was my first "real job" besides odd-n-end weekend jobs   1 Answer

Negotiation

he asked my opinion on salary, i told him what i chose on the application (8/hr) which is the around the starting. he willingly gave me 9.50/hr instead and said 10/hr after ~45 days

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

it was easy, just got asked few questions and was offered the job. The interviewer was kinda dumb and nobody like her at work. She used to alwasy talk to me about stuff and i would have to fake laugh it up because I was put on the spot. She also was wierd at chilis parties. shed get all drunk. This isn even about the interview anymore but yeah

Interview Questions

• What is your name, where do you live, do you want a drink while you wait. what position are you applying for, How did you like working that job you have listed in your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eldersburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Eldersburg, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

sat at the table in restaurant i was not asked that many questions. I seemed to have over dressed by simply wearing a polo pullover for applying to a dishwashers job. I was greated with open arms as they were in desperate need of a dishwasher.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None