Chili's Grill and Bar Food Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chili's Grill and Bar Food Server Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

1.7

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

I came and sat at a table in the back waited about 40 min past my interview time for the manager, which can happen because they do get busy. It was really relaxed though, I was offered a soda and just talked about my previous favorite jobs and was asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something that makes you personally a great employee?   Answer Question
  • Have you eaten here before? What is your favorite part of the experience and what could we do to have made it better?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. Mainly, if Chili's sees that you have prior experience as a server, you're pretty much hired on the spot. As long as a professional attitude is maintained, it's not difficult at all to get into to.

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

It was quick and easy. It felt rushed and they were in need of servers so they needed to hire as many as possible asap. We sat a table and I came in during a time when it was dead. Right after lunch so that was convenient. The other servers kind of prepped me before I had the interview so it felt a bit more comforting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Standard food service interview. Asking personal questions, experience, knowledge of industry. Got a feel for attitude. Luckily I was told I would probably fit in. And I do! This is a very standard service job. I would recommend it as a second serving job after you have some experience. or start here as a host/ hostess and then move on to serving.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker not following procedure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the interview, then shortly after I called the store. After calling I was scheduled an interview. On the day of the interview I was asked questions by two managers, mainly about serving, situations and making guests happy.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to make a guest happy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in D'Iberville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (D'Iberville, MS) in August 2015.

Interview

I was looking online for jobs hiring along the gulf coast and I saw that Chili's was hiring for food servers. I went to the Chili's website and applied for the position. Within a few days I received a phone call from the GM requesting to meet with me for an interview. I went to the restaraunt and met with the GM , had a sit down casual interview, and was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where a customer was unsatisfied with the service they received and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Littleton, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Asked me about hours and if i knew the main rules about serving (refill drinks, how to take orders etc.) I didn't need server experience, but having good customer service experience helped. In the time i have worked there, i have seen them hire people with no experience in either field just by being a friendly person.

Interview Questions

• How is your customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Jacksonville, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online. Then went in person the next day to bring them a copy of my resume/follow up with them. I was then scheduled an interview with a manager. After the first interview I was called back for an interview with the GM a few days later. The GM hired me on the spot at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do find most challenging about waiting tables?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

Basic interview. A manager calls about your application and sets up a time for you to come in for an interview. You basically meet with them during a shift and they go over your application and ask the basic questions: what is your work history? why chilis? then they let you know they will be contacting you soon.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve an issue with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Centerville, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Centerville, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

I was asked to come in twice to be asked why I thought I'd be a great server at Chilis. As long as you've gone through the basic questions like, tell me about yourself, why you would be a great fit for this company, how do you deal with unhappy customers, etc...you'll do just fine.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be a great fit for Chilis?   1 Answer