Chili's Grill and Bar Host Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

1.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Oxnard, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick process. They ask you questions and rate you on how good they liked your answers. The managers are pretty up front about what they want. They describe the job pretty thoroughly and make sure you know just what you're getting into.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Host Interview

Interview

Met with an assistant manager first and asked very generic questions. My next interview was with the General manager and these questions were more based on personality. They got back to me very quickly. After the second interview I was scheduled to go to orientation within a week of being hired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very easy, and they was all respectful. They sent me a email stating that my interview went well and they want me to come in for another one.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Stockton, CA).

Interview

Everything is online, the managers won't usually take in person resumes or anything mainly because there is a personality/situational test during your online application which will tell them if you are a potential candidate. If you pass the test you'll get an email asking you to choose an interview date best for you. I came in, talked with the GM, the host position is pretty easy to get into. He didn't ask many questions, mainly conversated. I am currently a server now after a year working with them.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

Asked like five questions automatically got the job. The manager did not remember my name or anything that I had told him. I had to repeat myself over about three of four times when he asked me if I currently work or go to school and if I lived near the location and he didn't write anything down. (Stay away from chilis they are so unprepared and made me wait longer than need over my interview start time)

Interview Questions

• Do you currently work or go to school? What was your experience? When do you want to start? What's your school schedule?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in August 2015.

Interview

They contact you by email which is a little strange. Questions are super easy, I did have to wait a while in the middle of the interview while the manager had to deal with something. I got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Vienna, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring processes for chili's was very quick. I talked to three managers and after all i had to do was set the time of when i wanted to start and i got the job.

Interview Questions

• work experience, social skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marble Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Marble Falls, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview. Scheduled during a lunch rush, so I had to wait a long time for the manager. He was much more concerned about the amount of time I would be home for the summer than my qualifications even after I specified very clearly I would be working only for the summer at the start of the interview. Seemed disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Chili's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Tulsa, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by two managers. GM and Maybe the front of house manager? Both were very nice and seemed to love their jobs. Asked about my work experience but more of what I was looking for in an employer which I thought was interesting. It was almost as if we were just getting to know each other, like they were determining if I would get along with the crew rather then if I could perform the duties in the Job description. Very laid back and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What wage or hours do you need to be able to work here?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

There was one interview and it was in person. There were no hard questions asked (e.g. no behavioral ones). It was just a run-down of your resume basically. If you can hold a conversation with someone in an interview style format, you can make it through this interview. Nothing difficult about it at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but my co-worker did and got a higher starting pay than I did.