Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Clearwater, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email a few days later giving me the option to schedule an interview. I scheduled an interview and went in and the manager was really nice and only asked me about my availability and experience and told me a lot about the job and said I would come in for a second interview to be asked more questions. He said he would call me after his shift the next day to schedule it. I saw on this site that most people had to wait a while for a second interview, so I wasn't really worried about it when he didn't call I figured he was busy and would schedule it in a few days. A week went by and he still didn't call to let me know when to come in so I called them and asked if he had any updates on when it may be. The employee took my name down and said he would ask them when they came in for their shift and get back to me. It has been a few days with no contact so I am not really expecting them to call me and I don't really mind because what happens happens but I just wish the manager would have been more professional and not told me he was going to schedule a second interview for me and then not follow through. I figure if the manager acts this unprofessional I'm better off not working for them anyways.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Orland Park, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I asked for manager they sat me down. Manager came out and asked me maybe 3 questions and asked about availability. Then told me my training hours and assessments that I had to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Alexandria, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

Met with one of the management they asked me questions about work history, past enjoyment why I lef. Why did I want to work die them, where do I see myself

Anonymous Employee in Colonie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Colonie, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was super easy but then had to wait two weeks for second interview and to get through orientation. I tried to dress nice but the manager I met with was in sweat pants and looked kind of messy

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Laredo, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called about 2 days later, asked me to come in, the former manager who no longer works there, asked me questions about school and why I wanted to work at chilis, and how I found out about them, nothing to difficult, simple conversation, he then gave me links where I can get my food handler's certificate, and my TABC certificate.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason to applying to chilis?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and around 2 weeks later I got a call back for an interview. The interview was fairly short . The manager asked questions based on availability and experience. The manager was not prepared for he interview whatsoever,

Hostess Interview

Interview

They brought me in, asked me about previous jobs, how long I wanted to work there, what my strengths were, and how I did with customer service. Just a basic interview. Nothing special or fancy. Then I had to fill out paperwork. I was basically hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Foothill Ranch, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy, asked me a lot of personal questions and questions about school since I am in high school. I did not get the job, but I did get more interview experience. The manager was very nice, but was about 15 minutes late to the interview and seemed rushed.

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Hadley, MA).

Interview

Why they should hire you, experience, why you want the job. After that they go over financial stuff and tax info. It went this way for my anyway, I kind of got hired on the spot. My friend referred me and I started from the bottom as a host. Since then I became a very experienced bartender, but you have to work your way up. Work hard and they'll give you the position you want, except for management.

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Shawnee, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was extremely easy, mostly filling out paper work. Two managers assess you separately. All that happens is they ask you a couple questions. Then you must work two shifts as a trainee which basically is you following another person around for the shift.