Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Colonie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Colonie, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was super easy but then had to wait two weeks for second interview and to get through orientation. I tried to dress nice but the manager I met with was in sweat pants and looked kind of messy

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Hostess Interview

Interview

They brought me in, asked me about previous jobs, how long I wanted to work there, what my strengths were, and how I did with customer service. Just a basic interview. Nothing special or fancy. Then I had to fill out paperwork. I was basically hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Foothill Ranch, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy, asked me a lot of personal questions and questions about school since I am in high school. I did not get the job, but I did get more interview experience. The manager was very nice, but was about 15 minutes late to the interview and seemed rushed.

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Hadley, MA).

Interview

Why they should hire you, experience, why you want the job. After that they go over financial stuff and tax info. It went this way for my anyway, I kind of got hired on the spot. My friend referred me and I started from the bottom as a host. Since then I became a very experienced bartender, but you have to work your way up. Work hard and they'll give you the position you want, except for management.

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Shawnee, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was extremely easy, mostly filling out paper work. Two managers assess you separately. All that happens is they ask you a couple questions. Then you must work two shifts as a trainee which basically is you following another person around for the shift.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Mission Viejo, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple interview, but it took a very long time. My interview lasted about 45 minutes and two managers came to interview me. One interviewer was very nice and tried to make me feel comfortable, while the other was more intense and asked the harder questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turlock, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Turlock, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed w/ Samantha, she was alright, did not ask a lot of questions, it felt like she judged me based off looks rather than work related questions, she also kept messing with her papers like if she wasn't interested, I realized that their restaurant is very lonely and hardly any business so I'm glad I didn't get hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Stockton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview a couple weeks after. The manager mainly went over my resume and asked about my availability. He didn't really ask any typical interview questions since it was the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation you have been in where you had to use a positive attitude   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Really easy. The GM basically asked a couple questions, asked about my previous job experience, talked about himself and the company. I almost thought that I didn't get the job because the interview was so fast, but I got an email the next day saying that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in working in the restaurant industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paragould, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Paragould, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

The manger seemed bored from the beginning of the interview to the end. He seemed like he wanted the interview to be over as quickly as possible. A week later, he called me and had said that the position I applied for has been filled already. The questions he asked were really straightforward and easy.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Colonie, NY Just asked about my availability
Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Foothill Ranch, CA Why Chili's?
Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Hadley, MA Why would you make a good addition to the team
Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Shawnee, KS Tell me about yourself
Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Mission Viejo, CA How would you handle a difficult customer?
Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Turlock, CA What do you like to do for fun?
Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Stockton, CA Talk about a situation you have been in where you had to use a positive attitude
Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Fort Lauderdale, FL What made you interested in working in the restaurant industry?
Chili's Grill and Bar Hostess Interview Paragould, AR Why are you interested in working for this company?