Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2018

1.9

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

My interview was scheduled at 5pm, i arrived at 4:50 and was told to wait for the manager. I waited until 5:40 for the manager to come. The interview was not normal, they asked many questions implying that they were going to hire me, and told me that not many people applied, and that i was a perfect candidate for the job. They then said that the other manager gets back from vacation in a week and they would let me know if i was hired then. I left the interview with a good feeling, but less than one hour later, i received an email informing me that i was not going to be hired .They were very unprofessional

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

I applied online a few days before the interview. The restaurant said I was a good fit so I scheduled an interview online. I went to the restaurant, met with one of the assistant managers, and he was pretty nice.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Super easy. Applied online, was emailed back within a day to schedule an interview online. Showed up, had a super easy Q&A with one of the managers and was invited back for a second interview with the GM, which took place four days later. The GM offered me a position at the end of the interview. Smooth experience, really nice folks, and an overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the restaurants out there, why did you apply to Chili's?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

Interview

I came in at the scheduled time, manager sat me at the empty area in Chili's and actually spoke for most of the interview. Whenever I would begin answering a question, he would debate with me on how accurate I am about my own work experience. I have previous barista experience so I said I'm good at multitasking and time management... which the manager decided to disagree with. I stood up for myself, which I guess they liked, because they hired me on the spot and actually called several days later promoting me to to-go server because of the "experience" I have that they rebuked lol. It was a really strange interview process but I think anyone could handle the interview questions. He basically made me convince him to give me the job, which wasn't hard because I'm pretty comfortable in food service settings.

Interview Questions

• So why am I supposed to pick you instead of any of the other 10 candidates?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

As some other reviewers have said, you get seated at a table where the interview is conducted. The manager who interviewed me was very friendly. She asked me about prior experience, availability, and about myself in general. She told me that I seemed friendly and bubbly, then scheduled a second interview with the GM. I haven’t yet met with him, but hopefully it turns out well!

Interview Questions

• What is your prior work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Ramsey, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

Was emailed about a week after my submission to book an interview. Met with the assistant manager of the restaurant who was super friendly and booked me that same week for a second interview with the general manager. She too was extremely friendly and was explaining to me about the job and how long the training would be. I walked out, for sure, knowing I was getting that job. A few days went by and I didn't get a call. Then rang the restaurant to inquire about my interview and they were very friendly and said they were discussing it. Later the next day I received an email saying I was denied for the position and I should find something that makes me happy. I was stunned. The vibe I got was completely different from what I got at the interviews. They seemed hard up to fill this position and were more than willing to work with my per diem work schedule.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

Very quick. I applied online and got a call back in about a day or two about my availability to set up an interview on the same week. I just had the first interview which was very quick and easy, about 20 minutes, the manager was very friendly and said he would pass my resume to another for a second round of interviews.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

I just came and asked for the manager. They told me to wait for him to come out and speak with me. It’s really important to not be on your phone during this time. Spend it perhaps taking in the atmosphere. I’ve seen someone get rejected from being interviewed because when the manager came out they didn’t even notice he was there.

Hostess/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very short, lots of expirience questions, told no hours immediately after. A waste of time to not start with that or to not just tell me i wouldn't be hired.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you did something for your community?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

First interview was with the FOH manager, who asked me questions about my old serving job and then asked my about my availability. A week later my second one was with the General Manager who basically went over the basics with me.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can get your tables to use the ziosk?   1 Answer