Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

1.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Pitts, PA).

Interview

Personality tests, Aptitude tests, phone interviews, live walk thru, 1 on 1 interview than an offer. Whole process takes a few weeks. They wouldn't hire just anyone. I appreciate the selectivity.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

Very easy going and relaxed atmosphere. Went over my background, experience and future expectations. Salary expectations. Willing to relocate? Asked the basic questions. Not very in depth because I was referred and had two decades experience. The basically brought me out of retirement from the casual foodservice industry

Interview Questions

• How does team work apply in your past job experience and how can it benefit or be a determent   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowery Branch, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Flowery Branch, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

After about a week i get a call to schedule an interview for the following week. First interview went normally, i was told to meet the general manager for an interview 2 days later. I show up and she is not there so i talk with a different manager who does a mini interview with me and tells me to come around the same time the next day. I show up and she isn't there again because she had to run some errands in which she forgot about the interview. i end up waiting for a little more than an hour until she comes back and finally do the interview. I got a rejection email later that day. Very disappointed with how unprofessional the experience was and i now know better than to be kept waiting so long. It's a shame considering the people were so friendly and apologetic about the situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • mainly questions relating to your online application which they have a copy with them for the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Concord, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was great. The manager Rachel is amazing and asked a couple of questions about availability and school. It lasted about 20 minutes and I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

2 part interview process , first with assistant manager then manager . After your interview they call and let you know if you got the job . Then you go online and fill out your paper work

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

Very basic food industry interview. Asked if there were any previous restaurant experiences. The process was very easy, and the interviewer was nice and thorough. The process was very short, about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Burlington, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Finished application and got email to set up first interview. Met with FOH manager and had a quick interview and a brief explanation of how things were there. Then scheduled second interview for a few days later. Second interview was with the General Manager, also pretty quick asked me about my experience and availability. In supposed to hear from them tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loganville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Loganville, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a total waste of time. I went in for 3 interviews. After each interview, I was complimented for my personality, engagement, and answers to the interview questions, and was then told to come back in to interview with the restaurant manager. There was a lack of communication between managers because each time I went back, the manager was not there and in result, I ended up interviewing with more assistant managers. I was told I would be contacted about how they would like to proceed and still have not heard anything back. I was even complimented by the fact that i'd successful gone through 3 interviews so I'd been doing something right. If they did not have interest in bringing more talent to the team, they should not have had me coming to the restaurant multiple times. Management should communicate better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Clearwater, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email a few days later giving me the option to schedule an interview. I scheduled an interview and went in and the manager was really nice and only asked me about my availability and experience and told me a lot about the job and said I would come in for a second interview to be asked more questions. He said he would call me after his shift the next day to schedule it. I saw on this site that most people had to wait a while for a second interview, so I wasn't really worried about it when he didn't call I figured he was busy and would schedule it in a few days. A week went by and he still didn't call to let me know when to come in so I called them and asked if he had any updates on when it may be. The employee took my name down and said he would ask them when they came in for their shift and get back to me. It has been a few days with no contact so I am not really expecting them to call me and I don't really mind because what happens happens but I just wish the manager would have been more professional and not told me he was going to schedule a second interview for me and then not follow through. I figure if the manager acts this unprofessional I'm better off not working for them anyways.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in April 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online, this can be lengthy. Apart from general information, job history, references, school, you also complete a questionnaire. The questionnaire is super simple, asking questions about how you would handle certain situations, are you a leader, are you honest and so on, took about 10 mins to complete. Literally two minutes after pressing send on my app, I got a call for an interview same day. The interview was extremely simple, one interview, one on one. Asks questions about strengths, weaknesses, availability. Dress business casual, not too formal not too casual.