Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2018

1.9

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

I just came and asked for the manager. They told me to wait for him to come out and speak with me. It’s really important to not be on your phone during this time. Spend it perhaps taking in the atmosphere. I’ve seen someone get rejected from being interviewed because when the manager came out they didn’t even notice he was there.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (West Nyack, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online, (West Nyack, NY). I didn't get a call for a good week and a half. The girl who called left the wrong phone number to call back on. When I eventually interviewed, with the manager, she was irritated that I had a second job but said I would get a call whether I got the job or not. It's 3 weeks later and I still haven't gotten a call.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

First interview was with the FOH manager, who asked me questions about my old serving job and then asked my about my availability. A week later my second one was with the General Manager who basically went over the basics with me.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can get your tables to use the ziosk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (South Florida, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

It was awesome. There's a total of 3 three interviews and I aced them all.. Managers are great and extremely professional. They were all so much fun and exciting to want to work with.

Interview Questions

• How many times have I called out of work and why?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

First interview was brief but to the point. mostly about availability and flexibility. Second and third interview were together. Second was more "fun" questions , such as hobbies, interests, and who I am. Third interview was about work ethic and hoe i would react in certain situations.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Ogden, UT).

Interview

Two interviews with two different people. We talked about experience and I was asked hypithetic questions. They also wanted to know about my working preferences, such as when and how often I want to work.
    They gave me group training then for partner shifts where I fallowed and was fallowed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer who got over cooked food?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Little Rock, AR) in October 2017.

Interview

Online, it was very fast and efficient. The staff made me feel welcome and was entertaining and informational the whole time. It was really exciting to get this opportunity that they provided.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about leading a team of servers   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harvey, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Harvey, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email immediately prompting me to setup an interview. Set it for Tuesday (today). I went in and got seated in an empty section and was told to wait for the manager. It was really laid back and it was mostly going over my previous experience and explaining what they’re looking for. Afterwards, he said the front end manager should be coming in shortly and that I could wait for him to get in. Less than 5 minutes I had the second interview which was the same thing... telling me what to expect and answering questions I had. In the end he said they have a thing they call “Let’s Do Lunch” where it’s kind of like orientation I assume and scheduled that. Very excited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Interview

Applied online because the local Chilis has been advertising frequently on indeed.com. I went in to the restaurant after applying online and they said they weren't hiring. A new post was on indeed literally an hour before I went in. I've seen this a lot in my job search. A lot of companies have recurring hiring ads on popular job search websites and it's totally unfair. We spend a lot of time on these applications and questionnaires only to find out they're not even hiring. It would be great if management could keep on top of their advertising and stop waisting our time.

Interview Questions

• What can management do to get good employees?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Pitts, PA).

Interview

Personality tests, Aptitude tests, phone interviews, live walk thru, 1 on 1 interview than an offer. Whole process takes a few weeks. They wouldn't hire just anyone. I appreciate the selectivity.