Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowery Branch, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Flowery Branch, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

After about a week i get a call to schedule an interview for the following week. First interview went normally, i was told to meet the general manager for an interview 2 days later. I show up and she is not there so i talk with a different manager who does a mini interview with me and tells me to come around the same time the next day. I show up and she isn't there again because she had to run some errands in which she forgot about the interview. i end up waiting for a little more than an hour until she comes back and finally do the interview. I got a rejection email later that day. Very disappointed with how unprofessional the experience was and i now know better than to be kept waiting so long. It's a shame considering the people were so friendly and apologetic about the situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • mainly questions relating to your online application which they have a copy with them for the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Burlington, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Finished application and got email to set up first interview. Met with FOH manager and had a quick interview and a brief explanation of how things were there. Then scheduled second interview for a few days later. Second interview was with the General Manager, also pretty quick asked me about my experience and availability. In supposed to hear from them tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loganville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Loganville, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a total waste of time. I went in for 3 interviews. After each interview, I was complimented for my personality, engagement, and answers to the interview questions, and was then told to come back in to interview with the restaurant manager. There was a lack of communication between managers because each time I went back, the manager was not there and in result, I ended up interviewing with more assistant managers. I was told I would be contacted about how they would like to proceed and still have not heard anything back. I was even complimented by the fact that i'd successful gone through 3 interviews so I'd been doing something right. If they did not have interest in bringing more talent to the team, they should not have had me coming to the restaurant multiple times. Management should communicate better.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Clearwater, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email a few days later giving me the option to schedule an interview. I scheduled an interview and went in and the manager was really nice and only asked me about my availability and experience and told me a lot about the job and said I would come in for a second interview to be asked more questions. He said he would call me after his shift the next day to schedule it. I saw on this site that most people had to wait a while for a second interview, so I wasn't really worried about it when he didn't call I figured he was busy and would schedule it in a few days. A week went by and he still didn't call to let me know when to come in so I called them and asked if he had any updates on when it may be. The employee took my name down and said he would ask them when they came in for their shift and get back to me. It has been a few days with no contact so I am not really expecting them to call me and I don't really mind because what happens happens but I just wish the manager would have been more professional and not told me he was going to schedule a second interview for me and then not follow through. I figure if the manager acts this unprofessional I'm better off not working for them anyways.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Whittier, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They were easy questions but the interviewer was very disorganized. He had no information of me, I was almost like a stranger came in. I was done within 5 minutes and he said he would call back but we all know how that ends up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

There was first a long personality and skills test that was taken online. After that I was contacted for a direct interview. I spoke with with two different managers on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had to resolve and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got a email with an interview slot. Called and set it up. Interview went great and next day got a call back for 2nd interview. It went well but I don't know if I got the job or not.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in December 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was about an hour long. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable. I feel it went well. The interview ended with me not knowing if I got the job or not. I wish I knew a little more but overall a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I took the online application process. As soon as I was done I got an email saying they were going to 'continue their search' clearly, my application was not even considered. I don't understand what I did wrong as they provided no explanation as to why I was rejected. I would like to know so I can learn to be better, since obviously I did so terribly that my application wasn't even read by a human being.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my personality   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview process on-line just took about 10 minutes or so i thought the questions were okay and the questionnaire was also easy just time consuming. i immediately received an email right after i finished and i was declined every single position.

Interview Questions

• they asked questions about what personality you have   1 Answer