Chili's Grill and Bar Chili's Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Chili's Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Waukegan, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Okay so I was jumping for joy when I was called in for a job interview. I had very very low working experience (about 2 months in Food Service at Six Flags.) So I thought this was my big chance. I was interviewed at Chili's (arrived 10 minutes early) and two people came out. They said that they typically do a double interview process and that having the both of them interview me at the same time would be lot quicker. At first I thought it was a bit over whelming abut they were very funny and cool. I applied for Server, but I was 17 at the time so they told me to work in the Delivery to-go instead but I said I was turning 18 in about three days. And we shared a laugh. The way they were talking to me was initiating that I was going to work there. He even said "we'll call you in for orientation in about a week." I was soo happy.

A few days later the dreaded e-mail came. It said that they are regretting me for the job position- ON MY BIRTHDAY. I thought this was strange and called the place and the manger said that they need someone to work 40+ hours and because I can only wok on the weekends (I'm still in high school) I wouldn't be able to work there. I was devastated. I just told everyone EVERYONE that I had gotten the job.I now i have to explain that I didn't. I thought it was rather unprofessional of them to lead me one. I understand that they thought that because they were under staffed that I was ultimately going to work there but still very upsetting. Oh well, it's a good thing I applied to two chili's in my area and just yesterday got an e-mail to schedule an interview, so wish me luck.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly them talking, they seem to have already knew that I would be working there.
    What have you learned in your previous working experience (for me it was Six Flags)   Answer Question