Chili's Grill and Bar Server/Bartender Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chili's Grill and Bar Server/Bartender Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (The Woodlands, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

sat down for a while waiting patiently which felt like forever. But once I got the actual interview it went by pretty quickly and got hired on the spot. Easiest interview ever

Interview Questions

• Have you ever served before?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Tampa, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

It was very relaxed. I was asked about my experience. NOTE TO NEW SERVERS: they care more about attitude than experience. You can train someone with no experience. Attitude is everything! I previously worked for Chili's, so I was asked about why I left. I was asked about my availability (be as flexible as possible - get hired first, adjust your availability later).

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in November 2013.

Interview

Very quick and informal, met with one of the managers who made me feel very comfortable. Was up front about the store needs and interested in my skills and history as a customer. Left feeling good about getting the job. Was training within 3 days and working my own section assignments within a week of that.

Interview Questions

• None per say, just asked about my opinion on good customer service and about my availability. We spent most of the time talking about their expectations of me, which were reasonable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them up front my needs as far as how many shifts I needed to work to make the tips I wanted and they let me know the most profitable shifts up front. All they asked in return was to be reliable and consistent and I would have priority in choosing shifts over less skilled or available people. Since then I have pretty consistently made my tip goals and only had sporadic conflicts in scheduling and work assignments.

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

You have to fill out an application online and take a personality test in order to even get an interview. Then you go through a few interviews (two if I remember correctly) to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult is asked- just use your common sense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Interview

Go in apply for a job. Take personality and skills test

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Hiring is done entirely online, which is frustrating for people who are lacking in experience but make up for it in personality. Our managers refuse to speak to drop ins or people who are following up after submitting their applications. You must pass a multiple choice personality/intelligence test before you are hired.
    I was hired before the online hiring began. I walked in and was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all fairly standard for a restaurant position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Casa Grande, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

i had four interviews. One with each of the three managers and one with the General Manager. The interview times were very quick and straightforward. Wasn't business professional; it was more casual and a laid back type of interview.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been a waiter/server before?
      How much experience have I had as a waiter/server?
      When are you able to start?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Tulsa, OK) in March 2012.

Interview

you apply online and take a really long personality test. If your results match what the company needs they'll call you in for an interview in a few days. Once I got called in the GM was friendly and relaxed. The interview was simple with common sense and common knowledge questions. It maybe lasted for 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• If a customer ordered a house wine and you only had a top shelf wine, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Boardman, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Fill out quick application, one on one interview with general manager and met the other managers on premises . Was introduced to other staff and given a tour around the restaurant introduced to computer system and given a large packet of paper with a large menu test to be taken on first day of employment

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Memphis, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

Application is done online now and a computer system determines whether to send your information to the restaurant after answering questions on the application. If you can pass this "test" then you will get a face to face interview and a potential job.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to our restaurant that others can't?   Answer Question