Chili's Grill and Bar Server/Waiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chili's Grill and Bar Server/Waiter Interview Questions

2.0

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview process on-line just took about 10 minutes or so i thought the questions were okay and the questionnaire was also easy just time consuming. i immediately received an email right after i finished and i was declined every single position.

Interview Questions

• they asked questions about what personality you have   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (El Paso, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I arrived at the store and sat down with the Manager, he asked me Basic Questions and what my ideal schedule would look like. He was very friendly and would keep the interview simple. Wanted to know why I want to leave my current job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me, why I want to work for chillis   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The manager was extremely rude and combative. I applied because I was looking for second job. The manager was clearly upset and did not understand why I did not want my current full time job contacted. He said if I wouldn't let him contact my current employer he was unable to take the interview any further even though I had given him other references. He was rude, arrogant and trying to bully me into letting him call my current place of employment.

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Appleton, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Low key, we did a lot of talking. GM is nicest person, made it a very short and sweet process. Was hired on the spot. Made me feel comfortable the whole process. I was asked about my availability, how many hours I wanted. They told me normally they do 2 interviews but he skipped the second one and hired me on the spot. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 5yrs.....they have a lot of people quit in the beginning. How many hrs, my availability.   1 Answer
    • Where I saw myself living in 5 yrs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Manassas, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with the General Manager to submit application. He seemed very pleased with my resume and asked me to come back for an interview. He hired me on the spot after we spoke upon our second meeting and helped set up my orientation date. Mike was very personable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in the next 3 years and how can Chili's help you get there?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

It was a simple interview. I was asked the typical interview questions. There were some weird questions though. The manager asked me about my hair and if I always had it like that. I said no, not always. And he said that for work I would have to do a pony tail. I said I was fine with that. Other than that, it was a normal interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Phila, PA).

Interview

The process was very simple - just talked about past experience and Chili's culture.
    I was told this was one of the busiest restaurants, and was asked how I deal under pressure.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal under pressure.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. They like to know more about you and how you can problem solve. Will ask random questions: i.e : if you were a superhero which would you be? Some questions will catch you way off guard. Relax, and take your time to give a solid and believable answer.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important in a restaurant that everyone works together?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Brighton, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and painless. I went in to check on my application and got an interview for the next day. Came in and was asked my availability. Availability was key to gaining employment. I made type that I had the option for a flexible schedule because I am in school. The interview lasted less than seven minutes. Then I was on my way.

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Kissimmee, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

You apply online, and some email you about an interview, and others call. They sent me an email in about three days, during busy season. You interviewed with two mangers the same day or the next. When you cone in you sir at the front and wait on the manager. They come and you sit in the corner, and they ask a few questions. If you're liked they will request a second manager. You will meet the next that day or the next depending upon availability...