Chili's Grill and Bar Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chili's Grill and Bar Line Cook Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2016

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Huntington Beach, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was really fast and simple. I got called within two weeks and had a group orientation with 2 fellow co workers. We went through the básic guidelines and proper step by step procedures. The interview was about 30 minutes or less we went through past kitchen experiences and talked about Chillis many future opportunities and carecer advancements.

Interview Questions

• Why did i apply at Chillis grill and bar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the postion for An opportunity as a líne cook after explaining my past experience in kitchens and my dedication to advance in the culinary industry.

Line Cook Interview

Interview

Couldn't interview in the afternoon because of my current job commitment. Met the manager at opening. He was more interested in what was going on in the restaurant, he kept getting up to resolve issues with the staff. If he wasn't going to have the time to do a proper interview he should never have called me in. When he asked a question, i felt like his attention was more on the restaurant than what i was saying.

Interview Questions

• Experience, where I worked, job duties, etc. Talked more about the restaurant kitchen operations than asked questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Viera, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Viera, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Had 2 interviews and both were very relaxed and fairly easy. As long as you're dressed appropriately, maintain eye contact, speak clearly, and exude confidence, you will have a great chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and what makes you the ideal candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them that I would like to get between $9 and $10/hr. When they offered me the position, I was told I would receive $10.50/hr. :-)

Anonymous Employee in East Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (East Haven, CT).

Interview

it was very open. Managment was very nice,respectful and easy to talk to. they explained rules, regulations,scheduling,security,proper storage,quality control,and food waste.i was asked about my experience as a cook all my skills and abilitys. all the questions were easy to answer and uderstandable.

Interview Questions

• there really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

great

Line Cook/Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got a email to set up interview time. Interviewed with the kitchen manager that Monday. She told me she would call me tomorrow to set up a time for me to meet up with the general manager. She never called so Thursday morning I contacted them and I set the second interview up that day. Came in and he asked me a couple questions & showed me the kitchen . I got hired that day. Started me off a 10$.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

General questions were asked based on my previous work history. They were pretty excited over background and almost offered me the position immediately. But the process has changed and now you have to do the online survey before being accepted for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Branson, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

They make the interview the easiest possible they find the way if you are a real cook or wannabe cook you get paid depends on your experience also they do the interview in my lenguaje so that make it much easier

Interview Questions

• How much I make in my past job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Hickory, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

The application was filled out at the restaurant. I came in a few days later for a first interview with the kitchen manager. She asked me about my work experience, my schedule availability, how I would benefit the company. After that, I came in the next week to interview with the general manager. He asked the same questions for the most part and hired me that day.

Interview Questions

• If you were a cartoon character, what character would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They started me at 9.50 stating that they weren't sure about a raise but would try to find out. A week later, I received a 50 cent raise.

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Branson, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

On board packet sent via email, basically be yourself and don't bs the management team, they all make the decision. Depending on what you apply for is who your first interview will be with, kitchen applicant meet the Kitchen Manager, servers meet the bar/service manager. The general manager is the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Chilis?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Cape Coral, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

After 2 interviews and an unwanted offer for management, I waited 5 weeks to be hired. Completed a kitchen test (with an old spring scale that they do not even use in the BOH)

Interview Questions

• typical internal guest questions.   1 Answer