Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

1.9

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Glendale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and followed up with a phone call within 24hrs and was told I would receive a call back. I waited about 48hrs without response so I called again and was given a distinct impression this job was unavailable to me. I may have made 3 calls, actually. So - realizing being 21 without job history, with a GED, could reflect poorly, I decided to walk-in personally. Quickly, I was given ice water then met with a manager who told me the man I needed to speak to was gravely busy. She offered a good time to return and/or a phone call back. I insisted I could wait if possible. So, I waited patiently for two hours. Upon the initial introduction it was clear the hiring manager was underwater at the time and I felt like a pest. To my surprise, after a brief Q&A he invited me to sit for an on-the-spot interview! About 20 minutes later I was told I may receive a phone call, no promises and left. Later that week I got an email that confirmed I was extended the job. This entire process took only 6 days. After a few official online form submissions, I was set up for the orientation. That is two hours of PAID pre-training. You complete an I-9, then go meet with the other new people in the dining area and chill for a bit. Then the manager appears to get started. Next, you get to order free lunch. In the time it takes to hit the table you fill out a form and get the Chili's history. About the time that's over, food arrives and you listen to the company values, mission statement, goals, etc as you eat. Then when the tables clears you engage in a quite entertaining, very informative, hour long rules & regulations/expectations booklet. After completing a group test and clocking out with your fancy new card, you head back out the door and wait for your schedule to be posted online! A simple, classy, laid-back, nerve settling process dubbed; "orientation". I loved it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Columbus, MS).

Interview

Was called by their head hunter, asked a few general questions, then directed to take a two hour survey/psychological profile. Very big company like with no real interest in what I could do for them. It's like they're screening and expecting everyone who applies to be a loser. The test itself was also a complete waste of time and maddening for anyone who has never had advanced business calculus.

Interview Questions

• So you're just out for the money?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Pitts, PA).

Interview

Personality tests, Aptitude tests, phone interviews, live walk thru, 1 on 1 interview than an offer. Whole process takes a few weeks. They wouldn't hire just anyone. I appreciate the selectivity.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in March 2015.

Interview

I put in an app for host and server positions. Heard back about a month later by email to schedule an interview for a server position. The scheduling was done online on the website no contact with anyone from the restaurant itself.

I arrived at the interview early and the manager was busy and had asked me to come back later. So again I arrive to my interview about 10 minutes early. I sit at a table waiting he was late when he finally arrive he asked me to tell him about myself and my experience. Before I could finish the question he noticed on my resume its been a few years since I worked in a restaurant and that he needs someone with previous experience. He would not even give me a chance to proceed with the question or the interview.

I feel that doing everything electronic for this company is not efficient there's no contact someone saw my application as a good fit and but who? If the actual interviewed were able to review the apps we could have avoided existing both out time. I feel that it wasn't fair that I didn't get a chance to show what I had to offer and that I do have the experience needed.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in December 2010.

Interview

four person interview process including a personality and iq test had to do a shadow shift, and two follow up interviews with a GM AD the owner this was the longest interview process i have done it lasted four weeks but was educational and enjoyable.

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Mesa, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

Application was online and included a personality test. This generated a generic email response saying that I looked like a good fit for the position and requesting that I schedule an interview. The interview was in the afternoon with a front-of-the-house manager (the kitchen manager wasn't available) and consisted entirely of behavior based questions, i.e., the kind where the interviewer says something like "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor and how you resolved it". On some of the questions, I couldn't think of the requested example, which is why I'm not very good with this type of interview. About a day later, the manager called to tell me I hadn't gotten the job. A week or two later, however, another manager called to ask if I was still available, but I wasn't.

Interview Questions

• All behavior based questions, nothing related specifically to the job for which I applied.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in July 2009.

Interview

HR, AD , & Test

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Tampa, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

Went in as a walk-in. Was asked to come back a couple hours later for a sit down with the hiring manager. After a brief Interview he asked me to come back in two days for a written test. After that was completed I was asked to come back again and sit down with the hiring manager and the general manager. After that interview I was offered a position and I accepted

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked for a dish and we didn't have that certain item on the menu, how would you accommodate the guest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Little Rock, AR) in October 2017.

Interview

Online, it was very fast and efficient. The staff made me feel welcome and was entertaining and informational the whole time. It was really exciting to get this opportunity that they provided.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about leading a team of servers   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I mailed my resume to several locations. One of the GM's forwarded my resume to the hiring department. Then there was a Phone interview followed by a face to face interview