Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

1.9

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Moreno Valley, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Quite easy. Applied at Brinker's website and was contacted for an interview 2 days later. Scheduled my interview and spoke to the manager for approximately 20 minutes. I walked out that day with a new job.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

Very basic food industry interview. Asked if there were any previous restaurant experiences. The process was very easy, and the interviewer was nice and thorough. The process was very short, about 30 minutes.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Wayne, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick interview with the assistant manager and then a second interview with the manager Yancey. They were both super nice and the interviews went quick. It was more of a general conversation about experience more than listing a bunch of questions that I needed to answer. Loved it there!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Chili's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and around 2 weeks later I got a call back for an interview. The interview was fairly short . The manager asked questions based on availability and experience. The manager was not prepared for he interview whatsoever,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

There was first a long personality and skills test that was taken online. After that I was contacted for a direct interview. I spoke with with two different managers on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had to resolve and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Clearwater, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email a few days later giving me the option to schedule an interview. I scheduled an interview and went in and the manager was really nice and only asked me about my availability and experience and told me a lot about the job and said I would come in for a second interview to be asked more questions. He said he would call me after his shift the next day to schedule it. I saw on this site that most people had to wait a while for a second interview, so I wasn't really worried about it when he didn't call I figured he was busy and would schedule it in a few days. A week went by and he still didn't call to let me know when to come in so I called them and asked if he had any updates on when it may be. The employee took my name down and said he would ask them when they came in for their shift and get back to me. It has been a few days with no contact so I am not really expecting them to call me and I don't really mind because what happens happens but I just wish the manager would have been more professional and not told me he was going to schedule a second interview for me and then not follow through. I figure if the manager acts this unprofessional I'm better off not working for them anyways.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loganville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Loganville, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a total waste of time. I went in for 3 interviews. After each interview, I was complimented for my personality, engagement, and answers to the interview questions, and was then told to come back in to interview with the restaurant manager. There was a lack of communication between managers because each time I went back, the manager was not there and in result, I ended up interviewing with more assistant managers. I was told I would be contacted about how they would like to proceed and still have not heard anything back. I was even complimented by the fact that i'd successful gone through 3 interviews so I'd been doing something right. If they did not have interest in bringing more talent to the team, they should not have had me coming to the restaurant multiple times. Management should communicate better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Burlington, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Finished application and got email to set up first interview. Met with FOH manager and had a quick interview and a brief explanation of how things were there. Then scheduled second interview for a few days later. Second interview was with the General Manager, also pretty quick asked me about my experience and availability. In supposed to hear from them tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Flower Mound, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application only one and they called me back a couple days later. I went in for an interview which was just sitting at a table in he restaurant with the manager and he asked me a few questions and offered me the job on the spot. He was really nice and it was not intimidating.

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Laredo, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called about 2 days later, asked me to come in, the former manager who no longer works there, asked me questions about school and why I wanted to work at chilis, and how I found out about them, nothing to difficult, simple conversation, he then gave me links where I can get my food handler's certificate, and my TABC certificate.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason to applying to chilis?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A