Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

1.9

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was very easy and relaxed. I spoke with the Assistant Manager and he then passed my info to the hiring manager. He then told me that I would get a call back within the next 3-5 days.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Tucson, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Call from hiring recruiter (internal), sit down with Area Director, realistic job performance interview with the general manager, accept of the offer from the Area Director. A normal interview process that most corporate companies use.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness of yours?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colonie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Colonie, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was super easy but then had to wait two weeks for second interview and to get through orientation. I tried to dress nice but the manager I met with was in sweat pants and looked kind of messy

Dish Washer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with the GM, kitchen and FOH managers. All 3 made me feel comfortable. They were all long termers and quite knowledgeable about the company and the operations.

Interview Questions

• why am I choosing 2 apply for the the dishwasher position when I have so much experience with cooking, prepping and serving.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked what I wanted. I gave an amount, and they raised that amount. I was quite amazed, but like the KM said, " Dish washers are a valuable asset, and without one, you can't run a restaurant. They chose to pay a higher rate and their turnover is low.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview process on-line just took about 10 minutes or so i thought the questions were okay and the questionnaire was also easy just time consuming. i immediately received an email right after i finished and i was declined every single position.

Interview Questions

• they asked questions about what personality you have   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (El Paso, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I arrived at the store and sat down with the Manager, he asked me Basic Questions and what my ideal schedule would look like. He was very friendly and would keep the interview simple. Wanted to know why I want to leave my current job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me, why I want to work for chillis   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Huntington Beach, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was really fast and simple. I got called within two weeks and had a group orientation with 2 fellow co workers. We went through the básic guidelines and proper step by step procedures. The interview was about 30 minutes or less we went through past kitchen experiences and talked about Chillis many future opportunities and carecer advancements.

Interview Questions

• Why did i apply at Chillis grill and bar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the postion for An opportunity as a líne cook after explaining my past experience in kitchens and my dedication to advance in the culinary industry.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Eatontown, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview took about 20 minutes because I had a strong reference. Everyone was very welcoming and I got hired he same day. I dressed smart and made sure to ask questions about salary and uniform. They gave me a coupon to get 15% off of the required slip resistant shoes which was very helpful (and could be used on insoles!). After the interview I had to fill out some digital forms by Brinker (the company that owns Chili's) and was able to start training the next week.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

To-Go Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (East Haven, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

So I applied online and 2hrs later I got an Email from The kitchen manager Sammy he wanted to know when I can come in for an Interview of you so I came in the next day and I sat down with him about 20 minutes and then he came to me and he asked me for some more questions like have I been around people in a restaurant and what not and I told him I had was and I was basically hired on the spot then came the next day and all my paperwork was final and I was working the following Wednesday my manager told me that I was the quickest hire he has ever had

Interview Questions

• Have you worked first hand with people before?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Interview

They brought me in, asked me about previous jobs, how long I wanted to work there, what my strengths were, and how I did with customer service. Just a basic interview. Nothing special or fancy. Then I had to fill out paperwork. I was basically hired on the spot.