Chili's Grill and Bar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

1.9

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Hadley, MA).

Interview

Why they should hire you, experience, why you want the job. After that they go over financial stuff and tax info. It went this way for my anyway, I kind of got hired on the spot. My friend referred me and I started from the bottom as a host. Since then I became a very experienced bartender, but you have to work your way up. Work hard and they'll give you the position you want, except for management.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Greenville, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and recieved an email to schedule an interview. Showed up 30 minutes early, and only waited for maybe 45 seconds before the GM greeted me. Very welcoming, and nice. The interview lasted about 25-30 minutes, and he explained how Chilli's worked, the scheduling, tips, and the average night. Great interview !

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Arlington, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a week later telling me to schedule an interview. I arrived to interview 10 mins and was seen immediately. The whole interview lasted only about 2 minutes really. It was so quick, I thought I wasn't going to get the job. But the manager who interviewed me was very nice and all my nerves went away as soon as we started talking because of how friendly she was! I didn't get any situational questions like "what would you do if..." So it was a very easy interview. She told me she had a couple more interviews to go through and then to watch out for an email saying if I got the job or not. I received the email a little less than a week later that said I did!

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The manager was extremely rude and combative. I applied because I was looking for second job. The manager was clearly upset and did not understand why I did not want my current full time job contacted. He said if I wouldn't let him contact my current employer he was unable to take the interview any further even though I had given him other references. He was rude, arrogant and trying to bully me into letting him call my current place of employment.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Franklin, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

First there was a brief interview with one of the store managers. If that went well I proceeded to a second interview with the general manager, who ultimately offered me the job. Shortly after my interview, I was scheduled to have a day of training. This training consisted of various corporate policies, and different ways of behaving under the corporate structure.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted of past experiences, various hypothetical situations and how I would handle them, as well as giving specifically cited examples of conflicts I had to overcome at past workplaces.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Appleton, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Low key, we did a lot of talking. GM is nicest person, made it a very short and sweet process. Was hired on the spot. Made me feel comfortable the whole process. I was asked about my availability, how many hours I wanted. They told me normally they do 2 interviews but he skipped the second one and hired me on the spot. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 5yrs.....they have a lot of people quit in the beginning. How many hrs, my availability.   1 Answer
    • Where I saw myself living in 5 yrs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Orem, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I went in for one interview and it went well, they scheduled another one because the GM wasn't there so they needed approval from two managers. They were easy questions, asked about my experience and why I wanted to work at Chili's.

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Branson, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and painless. The manager wasn't super invasive. Was attentive to what I was wanting and expecting from working for the company. They then offered me a position at the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a server?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Flower Mound, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application only one and they called me back a couple days later. I went in for an interview which was just sitting at a table in he restaurant with the manager and he asked me a few questions and offered me the job on the spot. He was really nice and it was not intimidating.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Wayne, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick interview with the assistant manager and then a second interview with the manager Yancey. They were both super nice and the interviews went quick. It was more of a general conversation about experience more than listing a bunch of questions that I needed to answer. Loved it there!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Chili's?   1 Answer