Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in December 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was about an hour long. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable. I feel it went well. The interview ended with me not knowing if I got the job or not. I wish I knew a little more but overall a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Columbus, MS).

Interview

Was called by their head hunter, asked a few general questions, then directed to take a two hour survey/psychological profile. Very big company like with no real interest in what I could do for them. It's like they're screening and expecting everyone who applies to be a loser. The test itself was also a complete waste of time and maddening for anyone who has never had advanced business calculus.

Interview Questions

• So you're just out for the money?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

I applied to the position twice. Once through their website and again through craig's list. The craig's list account was the one that got me the interview. It was a semi casual interview in the dining room of one of the restaurants. Everyone was prompt and professional. They talk alot about their culture, and how important finding the right person for the job. They were very out going and talkative. Conversation flowed easily from question to question. They truly want to get to know you as a person, not just what you can bring to the team, but really making sure the fit is right.

Interview Questions

• The "Tell me a time when" questions are always the hardest. They wanted to know a time when I failed at work, how I handled it and what I leared from the experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Chili's gave me a generous offer right out of college and there was not much negotiation. They asked me what I wanted to make and they gave me it.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

process was drawn out, verification is a joke, they didn't check anything at all, so heads up if ya got felonies, this is your shot!

Negotiation

it was BS, they stated a range of mid to upper 40's then offered 45...with over 8 years of experience and 2 degrees... I asked for more, they gave me a grand.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

The hiring was like a cattle call, well over 50 managers herded into a small room for further interviews. Area director was very unorganized, and seemed pretty much disinterested in even being there. When moved to second interview it was short and sweet and left you hanging. Follow up phone calls where left messages went unanswered

Interview Questions

• was a few years ago I do not remember specific questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

simple no back and forth banter you get what you ask for

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

Long process (2 weeks) from time of phone interview to actual interview.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Corpus Christi, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Long process had like 3 interviews before I could start 2 weeks after last one. Please have patience when going through the interviews it is totally worth it.

Interview Questions

• How much money would you like to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Long and drawn out process, had phone interview with recruiter then phone interview with area director and then had a Skype interview with area director followed by the offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to do the job   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and she actually offered me more.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in June 2009.

Interview

Sit down interview in Tampa

Interview Questions

• What's the single most important aspect of running a restaurant to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Interviewed first with recruiter on the phone, then she called me in and interviewed me in the office. She then had an area director contacted me and we met at a local chilis. He spoke more about chilis then we did about myself. My advice is to look on the website and read the description of the job positions they are looking to fill. There are key words (hospitality, culture) that will score you bonus points. Do research on the company's global growth and recent business changes.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to a guest dining in our restaurant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given the amount I requested. Ask for what you feel you are worth - you won't get it otherwise!

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview Why do you want to work for this company?
Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview Columbus, MS So you're just out for the money?
Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview The "Tell me a time when" questions are always the hardest. They wanted to know a time when I failed at work, how I handled it and what I leared from the experience.
Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview was a few years ago I do not remember specific questions
Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview No difficult questions
Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview Corpus Christi, TX How much money would you like to make?
Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview San Diego, CA Why I wanted to do the job
Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview What's the single most important aspect of running a restaurant to you?
Chili's Grill and Bar Manager Interview Dallas, TX What is the most important thing to a guest dining in our restaurant?