Chili's Grill and Bar Prep Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

1.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Orem, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I went in for one interview and it went well, they scheduled another one because the GM wasn't there so they needed approval from two managers. They were easy questions, asked about my experience and why I wanted to work at Chili's.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Employee in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Beckley, WV) in December 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews. One with the store manager and the next with the "kitchen manager". They ask the standard work history questions, availability and tell you there will be some really, really long days and ask if you could handle it. Pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working long days.   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Interview

I applied through snagajob, and was hired on the spot at my interview because they were desperate for prep cooks. The restuarant industry has quite the turnover rate. I interviewed with a wonder manager. Back of house is almost always more laid back than front of house, because customers can't see you.

Anonymous Employee in Tulare, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Tulare, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was very easy. Asked basic questions about HCCP. What to wear. Talked a lot about how you would have to do over time. Asked how long it should take to close down your station

Negotiation

They hired me on the spot. First said I would be making $9 an hour. Then once hired they only payed $8.00

Prep Cook Interview

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call to come in, was asked basic questions, received a call back for second interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Mesa, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

Application was online and included a personality test. This generated a generic email response saying that I looked like a good fit for the position and requesting that I schedule an interview. The interview was in the afternoon with a front-of-the-house manager (the kitchen manager wasn't available) and consisted entirely of behavior based questions, i.e., the kind where the interviewer says something like "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor and how you resolved it". On some of the questions, I couldn't think of the requested example, which is why I'm not very good with this type of interview. About a day later, the manager called to tell me I hadn't gotten the job. A week or two later, however, another manager called to ask if I was still available, but I wasn't.

Interview Questions

• All behavior based questions, nothing related specifically to the job for which I applied.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Huntington Beach, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and two days later I scheduled an interview with them. My interview went well and very easy questions to answer which led me to a second interview with the GM. The GM was suppose to call me back for a job offer which he had promised but he never called back. After a few days of consideration, I called back to see the status of my employment, but they told me that the GM is busy and will return my call in a couple of hours but never did. I called again the next day and they told me that they will call me back in an hour but never did.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer that was giving you a hard time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Longview, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

easy, filled out app, interviewed by manager, hired.

Interview Questions

• can you work on your feet all day?   1 Answer