Chili's Grill and Bar Restaurant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 29, 2017

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at two different locations, but district managers conducting interview could not find my resume. Very disorganized. Was informed that I would be called, received a email, and after several weeks received a job offer for assistant manager not the general manager I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

was not offer the job i interviewed for

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Riverdale, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

I first applied online and had to complete the personality and integrity test. Then I had a telephone interview with the Talent Acquisition Agent. I was successful with that interview so he set me up for my final interview with the Director Of Operations for the Northern Utah Market.

Interview Questions

• What type of leader was I at my current job.   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Interview

First interview is phone. Multiple locations but there are corp and franchise which can make it difficult to find locations near you. Seems like a good company. They have been around for a long time.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in November 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Two days later I received a phone call from company recruiter for 1:1 interview. We met the beginning of the week. When I arrived, I can say the employees were exceptional friendly. I met with the recruiter few minutes later and sat on a booth to discuss my qualifications. I believe that not enough emphasis is given on experience and achievements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Aventura, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Called for open house in Miami at hotel. Then spoke to HR for 20mins. Told me to come to another open house for broward will email me when she has the time but gave me a link to take Assessment. Then I went to open house at a chilis in Miami. The Area Director who interviewed me did not seem like a people person and I could tell he wasn't impressed. After they said they would contact me to see if they wanted to go further. Overall I could tell it didn't go good. I didn't hear from them for a week so I emailed HR and she didn't reply until 2 days later. She sent me a generic email stating they didn't think I had enough experience and would keep looking for other candidates which is funny being I have been in the biz 10 years and a manager for 4 years and 6weeks later it looks like they are still looking for managers. Come on its Beer and Burgers not Cheesecake Factory. Overall Experience left a bad taste in my mouth where I don't even want to eat their as a customer. Also I leave you on this note Darden hired me and they are a more prestigious company than chilis so eat that chilis. Your loss their gain

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Anchorage, AK) in January 2014.

Interview

The in-person interview started with interviewer giving background on Company, management team and long term goals. Then was asked if this sounds like a good
    opportunity, with my positive answer was then asked a series of job related questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not just centered on job functions but how I like to be treated as an employee and what type of work place culture I expected.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in April 2013.

Interview

Got an email saying that they wanted to have a phone interview. Emailed back and had the phone interview the next day. It lasted about twenty minutes and the questions weren't the usual "Describe a situation where you had to coach an employee", it was more like "tell me about your last job". At the end of the call the interviewer told me she wanted me to meet the general manager at one of the restaurants and move ahead with the interview process. That was it. I never heard back from them again. Not even a "Thanks anyway" email. Strange.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

1. First interview was on the phone. Short and sweet.
    2. Online assessment. Took about 2 hours. Difficulty level : medium.
    3. Face to face interview with the operational manager. About 45 minutes. Common questions.
    4. On the job evaluation. 1 hour. They want to see your interactions with staff members and patrons.
    5. Background check.