Chili's Grill and Bar Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chili's Grill and Bar Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.0

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in April 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online, this can be lengthy. Apart from general information, job history, references, school, you also complete a questionnaire. The questionnaire is super simple, asking questions about how you would handle certain situations, are you a leader, are you honest and so on, took about 10 mins to complete. Literally two minutes after pressing send on my app, I got a call for an interview same day. The interview was extremely simple, one interview, one on one. Asks questions about strengths, weaknesses, availability. Dress business casual, not too formal not too casual.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Employee in Muskogee, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Muskogee, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

They really are looking for someone who's well rounded, don't get nervous. they want to see how you are around strangers. They will have other servers watching you as you wait to see how you treat them if you smile or talk or do nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got a email with an interview slot. Called and set it up. Interview went great and next day got a call back for 2nd interview. It went well but I don't know if I got the job or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

really short waited for manger for a while. she eventually came over begin to tell me about the job and how the process would go. she introduced me to the employees as if I had the job already. Overall great company I just couldn't comply with the ours they were asking for. Great for students and young adults.

Interview Questions

unable to work hours they were requesting

Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Santee, CA).

Interview

Applied online, took online test, and was asked to schedule online an in person interview. Upon interviewing, manager didn't know I was coming, I was interviewed by 4 managers at once. Basic sales questions. Took 3 weeks to hear back. I did take offer. Very physically demanding job. Good atmosphere and managers seem to back you up. 5 training days. Lots to learn

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a good Chile head server. What are your highest sales?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online which took about 10 minutes. did online assesment which took about 15 minutes. Quick interview with the manager. asked about past experience and what I wanted to accomplish. was very short as the manager probably needed servers as soon as they can get them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Pearland, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I arrived about 15 minutes before my interview time. They weren't busy at all but the hostess was still busy cleaning tables. However she still offered me a drink and immediately ran to go and get the manager. After finishing another interview, the manager came over apologized for the wait and I was offered another drink. Overall the interview was very short and sweet. The manager was very straightforward and immediately set me up for an interview to talk with the other manager.

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Terre Haute, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the FOH manager and set up an interview for the next week, and then after that interview, the GM set up a meeting with me for the week after that. Told me he wanted me to start at the end of the month overall process took one month.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell on the Ziosk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Greenville, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and recieved an email to schedule an interview. Showed up 30 minutes early, and only waited for maybe 45 seconds before the GM greeted me. Very welcoming, and nice. The interview lasted about 25-30 minutes, and he explained how Chilli's worked, the scheduling, tips, and the average night. Great interview !

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Franklin, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

First there was a brief interview with one of the store managers. If that went well I proceeded to a second interview with the general manager, who ultimately offered me the job. Shortly after my interview, I was scheduled to have a day of training. This training consisted of various corporate policies, and different ways of behaving under the corporate structure.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted of past experiences, various hypothetical situations and how I would handle them, as well as giving specifically cited examples of conflicts I had to overcome at past workplaces.   Answer Question