Chili's Grill and Bar Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.0

111 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

Very basic food industry interview. Asked if there were any previous restaurant experiences. The process was very easy, and the interviewer was nice and thorough. The process was very short, about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Burlington, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Finished application and got email to set up first interview. Met with FOH manager and had a quick interview and a brief explanation of how things were there. Then scheduled second interview for a few days later. Second interview was with the General Manager, also pretty quick asked me about my experience and availability. In supposed to hear from them tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loganville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Loganville, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a total waste of time. I went in for 3 interviews. After each interview, I was complimented for my personality, engagement, and answers to the interview questions, and was then told to come back in to interview with the restaurant manager. There was a lack of communication between managers because each time I went back, the manager was not there and in result, I ended up interviewing with more assistant managers. I was told I would be contacted about how they would like to proceed and still have not heard anything back. I was even complimented by the fact that i'd successful gone through 3 interviews so I'd been doing something right. If they did not have interest in bringing more talent to the team, they should not have had me coming to the restaurant multiple times. Management should communicate better.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in April 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online, this can be lengthy. Apart from general information, job history, references, school, you also complete a questionnaire. The questionnaire is super simple, asking questions about how you would handle certain situations, are you a leader, are you honest and so on, took about 10 mins to complete. Literally two minutes after pressing send on my app, I got a call for an interview same day. The interview was extremely simple, one interview, one on one. Asks questions about strengths, weaknesses, availability. Dress business casual, not too formal not too casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

There was first a long personality and skills test that was taken online. After that I was contacted for a direct interview. I spoke with with two different managers on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had to resolve and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Muskogee, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Muskogee, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

They really are looking for someone who's well rounded, don't get nervous. they want to see how you are around strangers. They will have other servers watching you as you wait to see how you treat them if you smile or talk or do nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got a email with an interview slot. Called and set it up. Interview went great and next day got a call back for 2nd interview. It went well but I don't know if I got the job or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

really short waited for manger for a while. she eventually came over begin to tell me about the job and how the process would go. she introduced me to the employees as if I had the job already. Overall great company I just couldn't comply with the ours they were asking for. Great for students and young adults.

Interview Questions

unable to work hours they were requesting

Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Santee, CA).

Interview

Applied online, took online test, and was asked to schedule online an in person interview. Upon interviewing, manager didn't know I was coming, I was interviewed by 4 managers at once. Basic sales questions. Took 3 weeks to hear back. I did take offer. Very physically demanding job. Good atmosphere and managers seem to back you up. 5 training days. Lots to learn

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a good Chile head server. What are your highest sales?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online which took about 10 minutes. did online assesment which took about 15 minutes. Quick interview with the manager. asked about past experience and what I wanted to accomplish. was very short as the manager probably needed servers as soon as they can get them.