Chili's Grill and Bar Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.0

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in March 2015.

Interview

I put in an app for host and server positions. Heard back about a month later by email to schedule an interview for a server position. The scheduling was done online on the website no contact with anyone from the restaurant itself.

I arrived at the interview early and the manager was busy and had asked me to come back later. So again I arrive to my interview about 10 minutes early. I sit at a table waiting he was late when he finally arrive he asked me to tell him about myself and my experience. Before I could finish the question he noticed on my resume its been a few years since I worked in a restaurant and that he needs someone with previous experience. He would not even give me a chance to proceed with the question or the interview.

I feel that doing everything electronic for this company is not efficient there's no contact someone saw my application as a good fit and but who? If the actual interviewed were able to review the apps we could have avoided existing both out time. I feel that it wasn't fair that I didn't get a chance to show what I had to offer and that I do have the experience needed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

You interview with a floor manager first and then the General Manager will interview you in a quiet part of the restaurant. Expect them to be in a hurry, but they are looking to hire you and so basically the interview is their way of making sure you're a normal human being who won't scare the children. You'll have to pass the menu test when you come back for your last interview. Word of advice: know the menu backwards and forwards. The manager will pick random items and have you name every single ingredient, and you have to get them all.

Interview Questions

• The full ingredient list of various menu items.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

There was first a long personality and skills test that was taken online. After that I was contacted for a direct interview. I spoke with with two different managers on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had to resolve and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Burlington, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Finished application and got email to set up first interview. Met with FOH manager and had a quick interview and a brief explanation of how things were there. Then scheduled second interview for a few days later. Second interview was with the General Manager, also pretty quick asked me about my experience and availability. In supposed to hear from them tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Grand Prairie, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Fill out application online. If they like you, you will be called in for interview. Usually have to interview with 2-3 managers. If you pass the interview, you will have to take a short test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

really short waited for manger for a while. she eventually came over begin to tell me about the job and how the process would go. she introduced me to the employees as if I had the job already. Overall great company I just couldn't comply with the ours they were asking for. Great for students and young adults.

Interview Questions

unable to work hours they were requesting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got a email with an interview slot. Called and set it up. Interview went great and next day got a call back for 2nd interview. It went well but I don't know if I got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Santee, CA).

Interview

Applied online, took online test, and was asked to schedule online an in person interview. Upon interviewing, manager didn't know I was coming, I was interviewed by 4 managers at once. Basic sales questions. Took 3 weeks to hear back. I did take offer. Very physically demanding job. Good atmosphere and managers seem to back you up. 5 training days. Lots to learn

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a good Chile head server. What are your highest sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Franklin, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

First there was a brief interview with one of the store managers. If that went well I proceeded to a second interview with the general manager, who ultimately offered me the job. Shortly after my interview, I was scheduled to have a day of training. This training consisted of various corporate policies, and different ways of behaving under the corporate structure.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted of past experiences, various hypothetical situations and how I would handle them, as well as giving specifically cited examples of conflicts I had to overcome at past workplaces.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Springfield, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application in person and brought in my resume with my picture on it. I got a call the next day asking to schedule an interview. I came in and the general manager conducted the interview. She mentioned that she remembered me from my picture on my resume. She was very pleasant and humorous.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous job experience as a server and what my challenges and strengths were in that position. They talked about growth opportunity and the type of pace and menu size the job would require. We talked about the training process, which is fairly in depth.   Answer Question