Chili's Grill and Bar Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.0

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

You interview with a floor manager first and then the General Manager will interview you in a quiet part of the restaurant. Expect them to be in a hurry, but they are looking to hire you and so basically the interview is their way of making sure you're a normal human being who won't scare the children. You'll have to pass the menu test when you come back for your last interview. Word of advice: know the menu backwards and forwards. The manager will pick random items and have you name every single ingredient, and you have to get them all.

Interview Questions

• The full ingredient list of various menu items.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

Very basic food industry interview. Asked if there were any previous restaurant experiences. The process was very easy, and the interviewer was nice and thorough. The process was very short, about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

There was first a long personality and skills test that was taken online. After that I was contacted for a direct interview. I spoke with with two different managers on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had to resolve and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loganville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Loganville, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a total waste of time. I went in for 3 interviews. After each interview, I was complimented for my personality, engagement, and answers to the interview questions, and was then told to come back in to interview with the restaurant manager. There was a lack of communication between managers because each time I went back, the manager was not there and in result, I ended up interviewing with more assistant managers. I was told I would be contacted about how they would like to proceed and still have not heard anything back. I was even complimented by the fact that i'd successful gone through 3 interviews so I'd been doing something right. If they did not have interest in bringing more talent to the team, they should not have had me coming to the restaurant multiple times. Management should communicate better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Burlington, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Finished application and got email to set up first interview. Met with FOH manager and had a quick interview and a brief explanation of how things were there. Then scheduled second interview for a few days later. Second interview was with the General Manager, also pretty quick asked me about my experience and availability. In supposed to hear from them tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Denver, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a interview with 2 managers pretty basic interview. We sat in a booth inside the restaurant. .

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Temple, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Simple and fast. Had to take a test to make sure I could do basic math and didn't have an antisocial personality. After I passed the test, they gave me an interview with the manager. I had to go in a few times to remind them that I was in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• If a customer owes X and gives you Y, how much money do you owe them   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager for roughly 20 minutes and they went over the job description and new structure of teamwork for servers. She explained they weren't currently hiring but were interested for the future.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have?
      Do you work well as a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Branson, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and painless. The manager wasn't super invasive. Was attentive to what I was wanting and expecting from working for the company. They then offered me a position at the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a server?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in April 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online, this can be lengthy. Apart from general information, job history, references, school, you also complete a questionnaire. The questionnaire is super simple, asking questions about how you would handle certain situations, are you a leader, are you honest and so on, took about 10 mins to complete. Literally two minutes after pressing send on my app, I got a call for an interview same day. The interview was extremely simple, one interview, one on one. Asks questions about strengths, weaknesses, availability. Dress business casual, not too formal not too casual.