Chili's Grill and Bar Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.0

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Pearland, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I arrived about 15 minutes before my interview time. They weren't busy at all but the hostess was still busy cleaning tables. However she still offered me a drink and immediately ran to go and get the manager. After finishing another interview, the manager came over apologized for the wait and I was offered another drink. Overall the interview was very short and sweet. The manager was very straightforward and immediately set me up for an interview to talk with the other manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Terre Haute, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

I got a call from the FOH manager and set up an interview for the next week, and then after that interview, the GM set up a meeting with me for the week after that. Told me he wanted me to start at the end of the month overall process took one month.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Greenville, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and recieved an email to schedule an interview. Showed up 30 minutes early, and only waited for maybe 45 seconds before the GM greeted me. Very welcoming, and nice. The interview lasted about 25-30 minutes, and he explained how Chilli's worked, the scheduling, tips, and the average night. Great interview !

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Franklin, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

First there was a brief interview with one of the store managers. If that went well I proceeded to a second interview with the general manager, who ultimately offered me the job. Shortly after my interview, I was scheduled to have a day of training. This training consisted of various corporate policies, and different ways of behaving under the corporate structure.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted of past experiences, various hypothetical situations and how I would handle them, as well as giving specifically cited examples of conflicts I had to overcome at past workplaces.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Branson, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and painless. The manager wasn't super invasive. Was attentive to what I was wanting and expecting from working for the company. They then offered me a position at the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a server?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Gainesville, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Only had 1 interview. Very simple and easy. The manager was really nice and easy to talk to so it wasnt a nervous feeling interview like most places. I didnt get hired because i let her know id be moving within 3 months.

Interview Questions

• have i had any experience as a server before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Rock Hill, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

Two round interview process. Typical interview questions for a server position. I felt relaxed by the manager, and he seemed to want to hire me from the get go.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment to you prefer? Name a time when you had to deal with a manager giving criticism.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negoation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Interview

They were incompetent and made themselves look like a very disorganized company. It may have just been a bad location and specific restraint though. This chilis was in the ghetto and there was a lot of crime nearby.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

Simple and straight forward. The turn over rate is very high so they are always looking. I've watched people come in in jeans, a t-shirt, and flip flops and still get hired. Doesn't take much as long as you somewhat know what you're doing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an unruly or upset customer.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online and I went in for an interview that same day, I had an interview with one manager and he ask me if I could wait until the other manager came, so I said sure. I had a second interview the same day, I dressed very appropriate black slacks, nice blouse, heels, I was even complimented on how nice I was dressed, I have four years experience as a waitress and a bartender for the same company, I had my second interview which was very very brief, I was told that orientation would be the next week and that I would get a call back, the assistant manager called me the very next day and told me that they had chosen to go a different way, I don't even know what that means or what that meant, but it was very unprofessional. I had to wait an hour and thirty minutes to talk to the gm and they just wasted my time.