Chili's Grill and Bar Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.0

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Emailed the address on the corporate website. Called by HR from the franchise office. Next day interviewed and hired on the spot. Not much asked. Interviewer seemed high. The other employees walking through seemed to have very minimal communication skills but somehow got hired in a customer service job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's Grill and Bar

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

They asked me if I had prior experience, then I spoke to another manager. I guess they liked me, because I got asked when I would next be available to train.

Interview Questions

• Any prior serving experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Met with manager, went over resume and experience, had to take personality/skills test that asked how you would react in certain situations and asked you to solve basic math problems, had to go through five day orientation/training that involved shadowing another server and taking a test at the end of the day about ingredients/menu items

Interview Questions

• The only questions asked involved previous experience on resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation/set salary for all servers

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

informal and manager did not know what they were doing. the process is and and tiresome. Just like any other serving position. Restaurant managers are all typically the same. I have worked at chilis and outback and mesquite creek and cooker and applebees

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

After calling many restaurants to get an interview having already applied, Chili's had an opening. It took about 2 weeks for me to actually get the interview. First the woman said she would email me, no email, tried calling back multiple times until I reached her again, then she scheduled me the following Wednesday, after that I had to interview with the GM, that was Saturday, Then I waited for a call on Monday at 5 for the decision. I was hired. Though any time that I was told I would get an email, call, or follow up...I never got it and had to make the call. Oh well, its certainly worth it

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

The whole process was fairly easy. The personal assessment took longer than I would've liked, but it is necessary to get hired. I applied in person, waited for a call to get interviewed, had a brief interview with manager on duty, got offered job on spot, accepted job, and started training within days. The training process lasts about a week. Basic learning and testing of knowledge learned from each day.

Server Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar.

Interview

Very relaxed, best to know information about up-selling and sales. Not anything serious a high school graduate with a bit of common sense could get this job. Must be quick on your feet, must be able to retain a plethora of information

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Bangor, ME) in July 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one from the back of house manager and one from the front of house manager. Both were very kind and respectable to me and made feel comfortable to answer honestly.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been in a situation where a customer complains, if so, what do I do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's Grill and Bar (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in an online application, three days later received an email asking to schedule an interview. I wore a shirt and tie and interviewed with the FOH manager. Easy and relaxed interview. (I lied and told them I had serving experience). He asked about working as a team, my serving "experience", and my hobbies and interests. Then I was called later that evening to set up an interview with the general manager.

2nd interview with the general manager was nothing but a conversation about what job entails and the things he expects. He only asked one interview-type question. 2nd interview felt like a formality. I believe they already wanted me as a new hire after I interviewed with the FOH manager, as he would be the main one the servers and hosts deal with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Server Interview

Interview

I walked in with a resume and had my first interview immediately. Came back two days later to interview with the GM and got hired on the spot. They were extremely friendly and were excited to meet me. I started my paperwork right away.