Chimera Securities Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chimera Securities Trader Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and received a call from HR just for general information and interests. After that, there were 2 separate face to face interviews. One with a junior trader with general trading questions and second with the head trader with brain teaser questions. I think it is useful to ask questions about trading so it seems like you have more interest/and or experience with trading already.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are key characteristics that a good trader has   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chimera Securities

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chimera Securities.

Interview

Three rounds, Phone interview, Two in person. Guys were nice office was clean. Lots of good traders in the office from IVY leaguers to market wizards.

Traders knew what they were talking about and so did the tech guys. This firm is regarded as one of the better prop spots on Wall street.

Interview Questions

• Asked not to specify, Be good at mental math and brain teasers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

1st round was a meeting HR where basic screening questions were asked to get a gauge on personality type. 2nd round was with a Partner and the Head trader. Math and logic questions were asked to get a sense of competency, proficiency and aptitude. Also to get an idea of risk tolerance.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple of Deal or No Deal type of questions to gauge if you understand probability and some game theory as we all assess your risk tolerance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was on going as each trader is open to get their own deals amended at any time based on performance.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chimera Securities (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

There were 2 people they asked mostly brain teasers and qualitative questions like what are the essential attributes of being a trader

Interview Questions

• 8 balls 1 weighs less than the rest, use a scale, what is the minimum number of tries to find the defective ball   1 Answer

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chimera Securities in April 2010.

Interview

I went in to their NY office to have a one on one interview after communicating through email with the recruiter. The atmosphere in the office was really casual and people were friendly. The interviewer tells you to run through your resume and follows up with the usual behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities that you have that are useful to being a trader?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chimera Securities in April 2010.

Interview

after the basic phone interview, you go to interview face to face. The interview is pretty easy and relaxed for the most part, especially if you demonstrate an interest in trading and are ok with brain teasers. The brain teasers they asked me were fairly easy... a question about how to measure a certain amt of water with two different sized jugs, a question about 9 marbles, a question that had to do with risk/reward calculation, and a couple other ones that were pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• You have nine marbles. All of them are equal weight except for one which is heavier then the rest. The difference is so small that you can't tell by holding them.

You have a balance scale to weigh them, but can only use it twice. How can you single out the heaviest marble?   1 Answer
    • You have two jugs, one that holds exactly 3 gallons, and one that holds exactly 5 gallons. Using just these two jugs and a fire hose, how can you measure out exactly 4 gallons of water?   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation really