Chinese University of Hong Kong Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chinese University of Hong Kong Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Sha Tin (Hong Kong)) in April 2017.

Interview

Checked my education background and experience based on my CV first, then described the job content for reference, followed by a few questions about my relevant skills, publications and knowledge on this field.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interviewed by the PI. It was quite relaxing and they asked you about your background and related experience. Not harsh at all. But I think it really depends on who interviews you.

Interview Questions

• education background, previous work experience, future plan, etc..   Answer Question

GlobalProgram Interview

Interview

It is a group interview, 8-10 people in the room, 2 examiners
    1. everyone introduces himself / herself
    2. group discussion
    3. everyone dicusses and gives opinion on the topics, on average you can speak twice in the discussion

Interview Questions

• how do you think we can improve IT industry at Hong Kong?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong.

Interview

There is a written test about the research topic, including the methodology. A test with the use of Excel is required. Constructing chart is necessary. Then face-to-face interview with 2 professors.

Part Time Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Some discussion about your former experience, especially your computer competency, and check your time availability. But the questions are simple. And later a written test was given. It's a extremely easy test tests your computer ability

Interview Questions

• Did you have any programming experience. How good is your word. How many time do you have per week   Answer Question

Junior Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ma Liu Shui (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Ma Liu Shui (Hong Kong)) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took about a week; I applied online, then three days later the Dept called me for scheduling an interview a few days later. I completed a written test and then was interviewed by a panel for 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Self-introduction, what is your goal in future, describe your thesis, why would you apply the job, do you acquire certain skills...   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong.

Interview

Firstly, I did self-introduction. Then we chatted about the skills and experiences I have regarding the job.
    After that, interviewer described of the job nature, and make sure I will be able to work with the job duties.

Interview Questions

• After describing the job nature, interviewer asked, 'do you think I can help you doing this job?'.   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 professors in the department. I was asked to introduce myself first and then described previous experience from bachelor level to current situation. Mainly asked by one professor, and others professors occasionally complemented their questions.

Interview Questions

• asked about previous experience in detail, the reason for choosing a technician position   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted job application by post, take 2 days to receive invitation for interview.
    They made a phone call in the morning asking me to go to the department for interview.

The interview lasted for 30 minutes, with two interviewers. (The department head and the team supervisor.) The interview was conducted in English and Chinese.

Asked simple questions like- introduce yourself, describe a research project your participated, what is your career plan, research interest.

More questions emphasise on skills and personality- to make sure you can work with team.

Receive offer 2 days after interview, and report to duty in 2 weeks- quick and smooth process.

Interview Questions

• 'We have no interest and no plan on your interested research topic, what do you think about that?'   Answer Question

Negotiation

The resume was submitted to the personnel office and they gave an offer depending on my qualification and experience. No place for negotiation.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2014.

Interview

it is a interview, very normal one on May of tear of 2015, it is held on campus, Hong Kong. The school is located a a rural are of Hong Kong. It is pretty far away from Central, LKF etc