Chinese University of Hong Kong Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chinese University of Hong Kong Interview Questions

Interviews at Chinese University of Hong Kong

2.5

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2014.

Interview

Generally speaking, it is pretty east to make through if well-prepared. My comment would be be confident, do the research you need and also go take a walk in CUHK campus and make sure whether here really fits you. Were it not for the time clash of my class, I would have accepted this job. Besides, you will need to go through all of the typical question of the interview such as what is your weakness and so on. Make sure you are influential in Cantonese since it would be better for you to communicate with the professor.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience of being a Teaching Assistant   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in February 2011.

Interview

4 professors, introduce themselves and the university, ask me some basic information, and ask me some professional question. give me an offer 2 days later and ask me to make a decision in 1 week

Interview Questions

• if you have offer from both CUHK and HKUST, which one you will choose?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong in January 2008.

Interview

tough

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2013.

Interview

The first round Interview is in the annual INFORMS meeting. You need to answer questions to about your research to persuade them that your research background matches their requirement. The on-campus interview is a one-day interview. In each 30 minutes, you need to talk with two faculty members about your research and teaching interests. The most important part is the research seminar. It is about one and a half hours. Most faculties and students will attend the seminar.

Interview Questions

• What is the motivation of the you research?   1 Answer

Interview

Presentation followed by individual interviews by individual professor. The presentation was around 1 hour with your work, future vision, and teaching plan. The individual interview focuses on what you can bring to the table and what is your budget plan.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2014.

Interview

There are a total of 2 rounds of interview. I waited for 1 monthf or the first round and another month for the 2nd round
     first round with my immediate supervisors and second round with the chairman of the department. The panel is made up of 3 people, 1 HR 2 professors, they are friendly and trying to get to know you more.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here
      why do you think we should hire you
      What do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)).

Interview

First a panel interview with 3 members, who asked about my research and teaching. Then submit a video of teaching demonstration for further review. They proceeded rather quickly after receiving all application files.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2014.

Interview

it is a interview, very normal one on May of tear of 2015, it is held on campus, Hong Kong. The school is located a a rural are of Hong Kong. It is pretty far away from Central, LKF etc

Executive Officer Interview

Interview

written test- eng & chi, interview 3:1, no group in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i negotiated nothing

Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chinese University of Hong Kong.

Interview

Job seminar to an audience of 50-100 people
    Various meetings with staff members

Interview Questions

• How are you going to do top notch research and publish world class research articles?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Space to negotiate.