Chipotle Cashier and Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chipotle Cashier and Crew Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Chipotle

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very good. I was told that they want fast and effective workers who can keep the place clean, keep the customers happy and have a positive attitude

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at chipotle   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with Chipotle in the spring of 2015. I arrived at the store promptly for my 3pm interview. The interviewer seemed to be an honorable man and was incredibly polite. Upon completing the interview he gave me a free bag of chips and told me to never give up on my dreams.

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chantilly, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was only going in as a customer (not even for myself, but with my family), and I had just moved here from out of state. I was looking for employment around the area, and asked the cashier what his opinion was on job hunting. The general manager was next to him, and they offered to do an interview immediately. I was in a rush, so we made an arrangement to meet the next day. I dressed simple in nice jeans, black sneakers, a nice plain shirt, and my hair in a ponytail. I didn't realize they already wanted to give me the job, but I still was nervous through the interview.

They asked if I wanted anything to eat or drink, which I declined as I had brought my own water. I typically deny free service excluding drinks until I'm hired. I started off with the assistant manager and another employee who both asked the basic questions on availability, "what would you do in this situation?", "why did you choose to apply here?", etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Afterwards, they went back to the kitchen to discuss the interview with the general manager, and he sat with me about five or ten minutes later explaining that I was hired, we set up the day I would come in for my e-training (which takes a long time, I'll add, only downside) and then introduced me to all the employees that shift (which was awkward as it was a Spanish-English location, and I only speak English). Again, they offered me a meal and a drink, which I again declined.

I started about two days after that, and the only thing that turned me off was that they got me to work during my e-training since they were understaffed. I wanted to, I didn't mind, but they did say that if the general manager were to walk in that I would have to sneak off to the back and pretend I was doing my e-learning still. I like my workplace to be open and honest.

I ended up not staying there too long, I quit after some disagreements. But I did learn a lot while I worked there, and met some of the friendliest people. It's a stressful job though, as the location where I worked was never, ever empty.

Interview Questions

• The basic questions are always asked: availability, why did you choose to apply (they asked me in person), previous work experience and how you would handle yourself in specific situations.   1 Answer

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

You meet with most of the managers during 2 or 3 seperate interviews. If you past their review you then sit down and have lunch with employees that work there. It was me and one other person and several employees . If the employees find that you fit youre hired.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Baltimore, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online . Got a call back a few days later. Had two interviews . One with the assistant manager the last one with the general manager. they called me an hour after the interview and told me that I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Burke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Burke, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple, they asked me what I could do to work with hard customers and in a team. They asked how I worked with others and if I could handle a high-stress environment. The interview was very lenient and casual overall. They asked if I could close and work shifts such as 6PM - 12AM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

They did group interviews of 3 or 4 with one of the general managers and then on the same day all the people that were asked stay from the first interview met with the other manager and she asked us questions as a group

Interview Questions

• Why do you think would be a good fit?
      What hours would you be available to work?
      Do you have any prior work experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Called in for group interview, about a week later called in for a crew interview. Sat down with about three other individuals in the group interview as the manager went around and asked us questions. In the crew interview, I sat down with the crew members as they asked me a series of questions and got to know me. They then reported back to the manager if they thought that I was a good candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Chipotle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the job I applied for and wanted.

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back to interview around 3 days later. I was sooo nervous since it was my first interview! i showed up 15 minutes early wearing a dress and some ankle boots (not too fancy) and told the person in the front I was there for an interview at 2pm. I saw introduced myself to the manager and she told me to sit anywhere while she interviewed this other person one on one. It turned out to be a group interview with 3 people from age 16-19. after that they said they'll call us back within two days.

so the next day I was called to come back for a second interview and as i waited, one of the girls from my first interview came in also and she was there for a second as well. we sat next to each other and it ended up being an interview with me and her. the second interview took around an hour because we got interviewed by 3 different crew members, one crew member at a time. I guess they didn't communicate before the interview because they all asked us the same exact question each time. the first crew member said that for the first interview, manager interviews us and for the second interview, crew members interview so they can have a feel for us and at the end of the day, crew and manager will discuss and pick. lastly they made us write down our name and number on a clipboard and after the third person interviewed us he said they call within the next two days to tell us if were hired or not. I got called by manager the next day and was hired!! I sent a thank you email towards the manager and she told me the next steps!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My tips are to show up 15 minutes early for your interview and while your waiting for the manager to come out, just sit there and don't go on your phone. dress very nice but not toooo fancy. I wore a dress with ankle boots. for guys, don't come in a suit and tie, but maybe a nice button up and some nice dress pants!!

during the interview, get ready to be as CONFIDENT and ENTHUSIASTIC as you can!! from the second you walk into the door to when you exit that building they will be seeing if you have the 13 characteristics! during a group interview be confident in yourself! stick to what you say and say it with pride! this is how you stick out in group interviews. don't forget to SMILE!! the people in my group interview were pretty soft spoken and when times got quiet I did jump in to answer question so don't ever be afraid to do so!! always nod and agree when people are speaking even when applicants speak!! at the end don't forget to give a gripped handshake towards the manager and thank them for your time!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed a couple days later to interview. They said to call them if they haven't called me after 24 hours and i did. every time i called the manager would not talk to me so i stopped trying.