Chipotle Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.1

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (San Bernardino, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email three or so days later to interview the next week. Interview was held by GM with me and two other applicants. Offered us a drink at the beginning. Fairly casual.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Interview

Interview

Waited over 30 minutes with 4 other people for a manager to finally come talk to us. Manager asks what we all know about Chipotle. At the end the manager says there's too many people here and says she'll call the rest of us back within the next two hours She literally said the words "I'll call the rest of you back, I promise". No call. She picks two people for round two interviews. One person who said almost nothing in the interview except that they were referred by the interviewer's friend and one person the manager recognized for always being there. Completely unprofessional interview and unqualified interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about Chipotle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY).

Interview

Three interviews. Two with management, one with a crew member. The questions were basic, but it takes forever to get through the process. I had to call for every interview. It seemed like they didn't care about the new people.

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Lowell, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Casual interview. Another girl came in for the interview so it just turned into a mini group interview. The GM just wanted to get a feel of how you feel about people, food, and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Chipotle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

National career day came in at 8:00am. Sat down with a high schooler who was there to interview. I checked in and the interview began in 5 mins. General manager and store manager approach us and interview us at the same time. Asked questions routine to what I found on the chipotle site. And asked about the characteristics and where I see myself in 2-5 years. And what can I bring to benefit chipotle. I answered to the best of my knowledge and night before did some studying on what chipotle was all about. The kid next to me stumbled over his words and had no knowledge of the company other than the burritos were alright. And was very nervous and told them it was his first interview and job. They are a fast casual food service and hold a higher standard in fast food. They look for distinct characteristics so display them and drop some chipotle knowledge. At the end of the interview they said we will receive a phone call if we made it and if not will get a email say they couldn't offer you a position. When I know if I made the team or not. I will update this post.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY).

Interview

met with crew members and managers discuss chipotle as a crew and test your knowledge at the company, just research the company and know your facts and you should be good

Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Glen Ellyn, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

interview with general manager and crew. not still sure if they do this format anymore. the job interview process was very straight forward. you get a couple hundred dollars as an employee for referring a friend if they get hired and work for some time. the application to hire could take a long time depending on the manager's competence

Crew Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

They ask you questions to sell yourself, "why do you want to work here?" "Describe a situation where you had to handle something difficult" etc. They sometimes did demos, so you would be put on the line and you would show your customer service skills to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you handled well.   1 Answer

Crew Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 2 days after the phone call. I arrived a few minutes early just to be safe. The interview was with one of the managers and was about 5 minutes long. She asked basic questions. 2 weeks later, I was the one who called to come in for a 2nd interview. This interview was with the manager who interviewed me the…

Crew Interview

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day inviting me to their job fair. Four people showed up, though two of them were there for their third interviews. I showed up 30 minutes early, was given a cup and sat at a table until the manager arrived. The manager was extremely late--almost 45 minutes late. She interview me and another guy at the same time and only asked us three questions each. I don't feel as though this group interview process is a very good one and I'm not sure how it allows a manager to get a good feel of who you are. I knew my history of the company and she seemed pleased with my other answers as well, even engaging with me at times. She wrote a few words on a notepad, but they weren't full blown notes so I'm not sure how that was at all helpful. After the interview was over, she told us that we would get an interview later that day telling us if we got the job or not. I didn't get it, but they did comp one of my bowls. That was very nice, but it gave me a bit of false hope since the manager said she was going it because she liked me. The interview itself lasted five minutes, if that. I still love this company, but I think they should try a different interview process.