Chipotle Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chipotle Crew Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (DeKalb, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It would be helpful to know the 13 characteristics of Chipotle and how their food is fresh and doesn't use Gmo's. Be very confident in what you say and make sure to do a little research about chipotle so when they ask you if you know the background of Chipotle you wont be scared because you don't know anything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The overall experience was great because Chipotle really cares about their employees.

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Interview

Interview

We were asked about our availability, and that was when she kicked one of the three of us out of the group interview because he didn't know because he was unsure of a school schedule. No questions were asked about the company whatsoever. It was like a horrible interview at a fast food restaurant. Burger King, McDonalds, and whatnot were more professional. The manager who was interviewing us was berating the crew members who were right next to us and yelled at them to smile and act like they wanted to be there during the "interview". This was the least professional interview I've ever been to. She basically told me to not take it personally that I wouldn't be getting a call back.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Crew Interview

Interview

Spoke to multiple managers and they asks very simple questions.
    Its a pro if you watched the Chipotle documentary or you know about their culture which you can find on Chipotle.com
    Be energetic while interviewing. And don't say I applied to Chipotle because I need a job. Talk about the culture of Chipotle.

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Canoga Park, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very easy. Looks for the 13 characteristics which you can just google to prepare for the interview. Most Chipotles have candidates go through three interviews with different sets of employees. It's a group hiring process. The manager doesn't have a say if you're hired or not. It's the employees's decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I suggest researching Chipotle's vision and the 13 characteristics. You have to know the history about Chipotle and the goal.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Wayne, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an interview the day after I put in the application because I was referred by a current employee. My first interview was with the service manager which was really fun because it felt like more of a conversation (we laughed a lot). She asked me to come back the next day for the interview with the general manager. I came back and was interviewed by the GM along with about 8 employees. That was different. It just felt like a conversation with friends that are catching up. They vibe was amazing. It took them no time to deliberate, I was welcomed to their chipotle family on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about chipotle?   Answer Question
    • Why chipotle?   Answer Question
    • What is something that you wanted and worked really hard to get?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had chipotle?   1 Answer
    • Are you looking to work long time? Or is this a summer job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raytown, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Raytown, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in and it was a group interview. It was four of us. He told us it wasn't a competition. It was a really chill and laid back and more like a conversation. I thought it went well but when I got home I immediately received an rejection email.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy and quick they know exactly what they are looking for and they can tell by your personality, you don't neccesarily need to have experience you just need to have the right attitude

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Ardmore, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

First I completed the application Friday, April/24/2015 I waited about a week later then I got an email saying I have to come in for an interview on a Monday Or Tuesday between 2-4. I Went to the interview on a Tuesday and talked to the General manager telling her what I can do to help make the company even better than it already is . I informed her I'm motivated ambitious and determined to work hard for this company . She asked me to describe myself and I told her I'm energetic,team player ,leader and I'm good with people . She also asked what do I know about chipotle and I simply told her how strict the company is with there cutting and customer service . Show dedication show that you care for the store. Also ask questions before she ask you do you have any for her . They love questions .I got a second interview for the following day . Had the second interview with the kitchen manager for about 5 minutes asking the same type of questions then he went to the back and got confirmation from the gm whom interviews me the previous day . He came back and I was hired ! After it will take about a week or 2 tops to start working due to the process you have to you through .

Interview Questions

• She asked me simple questions like describing myself in 5 words.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was a group interview, then was called again for a solo interview . They asked questions during the group that help single out each person based on availabiluty, personality, and reasoning why they wanted to work here. The Seco d interview focused more on the history and knowledge of the place typically at my store a second interview means the job is yours they just want to see your committed to the cause and have devoted time to learming more

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Fresno, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I assumed it was a small 3-5 people group interview but by the time that I came (around 9:30 am) there were many people and the interviewers (GM and Apprentice) decided to do a huge group interview of 15-25 people. It was rushed and the interviewers talked a lot about their life and what they did in the company to be where they are. They tried to break the ice, and told people to introduce themselves. A really long process, taking up to an hour and 30 minutes long. The Apprentice guy talked a lot and almost made it seemed rude like it was no longer 'professional' and became personal. I don't know how to react in this environment, because they made it seem like it's okay to be personal. I mean one of their values is to make their workers feel like they are in a family at Chipotle when they are working so... I guess? They didn't ask us many questions because there were so many people they skipped asking what empowerment, top performer, and high standards were. And they asked "Why should we NOT hire you?" And at the end, they asked if anyone had any questions, a few people asked. And those who were really "interested" asked a lot more. It was super loud especially when they were beginning to open. Really hard to speak up. For the most part, they were friendly. It was an okay interview. I feel like it could have been better and I would have done better in a smaller group of people.
         Also, the GM I felt didn't showcase all these "13 characteristics" that Chipotle emphasizes for their workers to have. She was busy taking notes down early on in her book about who she wanted in her team, I am assuming. Yeah yeah, someone might say that she's the GM but according to Chipotle, all workers are supposed to have these "qualities". The Apprentice guy did showcase all these and he was very outgoing and super friendly and talked loudly enough so that EVERYONE in the room could hear especially when it began to get loud. They were friendly, smiled and laughed at EACH OTHER a lot, like friends. It was a waste of time when they didn't get to the point. That was super annoying. All in all, in ALL HONESTY, I felt like it was another place where mostly Mexicans who didn't speak English all that well would get hired or given a higher chance, because the GM was also Mexican. I've worked at a place like that before.
         Also, the Apprentice made a point saying that those 13 qualities you are born with it or you can change yourself to attain them but it takes years. SO don't take offense to it since they don't know what they are talking about and only stating a statistic. And even if you don't get hired, it's okay because you are not fit for Chipotle's "visions".
         They also state that they make everything from scratch and use fresh produce so they have to cut everything they use daily. And made it seem like it was hard work but seriously, I'm ASIAN. I cut, dice, and chop my veggies to make dinner. It's only if you microwave your meals that it might be a little bit difficult for you. Or if you only order Take-Out.

SO, to ACE the interview:
    1.) SMILE.
    2.) Sell yourself. Know your weaknesses and strengths from a professional standpoint.
    3.) Be very outgoing and Laugh a lot since they might crack some jokes.
    4.) At the end of a group interview MAKE SURE to shake their hand and say "Thank you".
    5.) Don't be shy. At times you will feel like other people are competing with you but it's really not. They are just trying to sell themselves, and you must be CONFIDENT and MOTIVATED to sell yourself as well. Be enthusiastic about it.
    6.) Study Chipotle's terminologies.
          GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why should we NOT hire you?   1 Answer
    • What is Food with Integrity?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Chipotle?   1 Answer