Chipotle Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.2

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY).

Interview

met with crew members and managers discuss chipotle as a crew and test your knowledge at the company, just research the company and know your facts and you should be good

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Employee in Glen Ellyn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Glen Ellyn, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

interview with general manager and crew. not still sure if they do this format anymore. the job interview process was very straight forward. you get a couple hundred dollars as an employee for referring a friend if they get hired and work for some time. the application to hire could take a long time depending on the manager's competence

Crew Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

They ask you questions to sell yourself, "why do you want to work here?" "Describe a situation where you had to handle something difficult" etc. They sometimes did demos, so you would be put on the line and you would show your customer service skills to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you handled well.   1 Answer

Crew Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 2 days after the phone call. I arrived a few minutes early just to be safe. The interview was with one of the managers and was about 5 minutes long. She asked basic questions. 2 weeks later, I was the one who called to come in for a 2nd interview. This interview was with the manager who interviewed me the…

Crew Interview

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day inviting me to their job fair. Four people showed up, though two of them were there for their third interviews. I showed up 30 minutes early, was given a cup and sat at a table until the manager arrived. The manager was extremely late--almost 45 minutes late. She interview me and another guy at the same time and only asked us three questions each. I don't feel as though this group interview process is a very good one and I'm not sure how it allows a manager to get a good feel of who you are. I knew my history of the company and she seemed pleased with my other answers as well, even engaging with me at times. She wrote a few words on a notepad, but they weren't full blown notes so I'm not sure how that was at all helpful. After the interview was over, she told us that we would get an interview later that day telling us if we got the job or not. I didn't get it, but they did comp one of my bowls. That was very nice, but it gave me a bit of false hope since the manager said she was going it because she liked me. The interview itself lasted five minutes, if that. I still love this company, but I think they should try a different interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

They interviewed in the order applicants showed up, so be sure you show up at least 15 minutes early. First, a manager interviewed me at a separate table, then a crew member interviewed me.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in on a Sunday originally schedule for Monday. I came in before the store opened. I sat and waited for a while as the manager tested my patience. I then spoke to the manager while the am shift employees sat around and ate. After speaking with the manager, I spoke to the employees one by one individually. The manager and the last employee I interviewed with came out together and told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why do want to work for chipotle?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about chipotle already?   1 Answer
    • What's your availability?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer
    • Are you looking for a job or a career?   1 Answer

Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Applied online got an email for an interview. First interview was a group interview of about 6 people. Got a second interview talked to two managers and got the job on the spot

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite thing on the menu?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (DeKalb, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It would be helpful to know the 13 characteristics of Chipotle and how their food is fresh and doesn't use Gmo's. Be very confident in what you say and make sure to do a little research about chipotle so when they ask you if you know the background of Chipotle you wont be scared because you don't know anything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The overall experience was great because Chipotle really cares about their employees.

Crew Interview

Interview

We were asked about our availability, and that was when she kicked one of the three of us out of the group interview because he didn't know because he was unsure of a school schedule. No questions were asked about the company whatsoever. It was like a horrible interview at a fast food restaurant. Burger King, McDonalds, and whatnot were more professional. The manager who was interviewing us was berating the crew members who were right next to us and yelled at them to smile and act like they wanted to be there during the "interview". This was the least professional interview I've ever been to. She basically told me to not take it personally that I wouldn't be getting a call back.