Chipotle Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.2

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I had three different interviews with Chipotle at different locations and each had a different hiring process. The first was very standard; I met one-on-one with an assistant who asked general interview questions. The second and third, however, I was not happy about. The next two "interviews" were group interviews, where we were sat with a couple team members and were asked personal questions - very informal, and it was almost impossible to prove what skills I could offer as an employee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Applied online then a few days later was contacted to in for an interview. I arrived a few minutes early, but I had to wait on two additional people. One showed up, then another when the interview was done. Later on that night, I was called to come in for a 2nd interview. I had to wait again. This interview was with three additional candidates.An apprentice conducted this interview. By the way, she was late too. The interview was scheduled for 5p.m. The interviewer asked basic questions. Then the other soon to be GM came into the interview.At the end, the GM and the apprentice said that they would notify us within 24 to 48 hours about our status.

Interview Questions

• Why Chipotle? Tell me about yourself? What are your hobbies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chipotle (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

unorganized, childish, sometimes went off who was attractive to hiring managers, easy, relaxing, like a regular conversation. The want to know that you have done a lot of research about the company and culture and their "food with integrity".

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (McLean, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

They sat me down with the manager who talked about Chipotle and asked why I wanted to work there. He talked about the standards they would hold me to. Then, the manager gave me some personal information (his life story) and then asked for mine. After he was done with me, he asked some of the other crew members to talk to me for a little bit. Finally, he came back 10 minutes later and offered me the job. Overall, a very, very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes Chipotle different from other restaurants?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They normally do one interview and can determine whether or not they like you from there. They ask the same questions about availability, why you picked chipotle and look to see if you are an ambitious high energy person who can deal with lots of customers daily.

Interview Questions

• What will you be doing in six months?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a few stages, beginning with a group sit-down that lasted about 30 minutes. After that were 2 one-on-one interviews, the second of which ended with meeting the on-duty crew in order to see how I got along with the group in a casual setting. It was pretty low-pressure, but hectic, since these are just part of the workday. Being relaxed and going with the flow is a big plus.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Group interview, asked some basic questions and some oddball ones. Basics included why chipotle, what do you think of the food, do you know anything about chipotle's culture or mission. Oddballs included what you do for fun, what are you passionate about, describe a good/bad previous manager, are you afraid of making mistakes to do what you think is right.

Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and two days later received an email inviting me to the interview.
    arrived early to the interview and it was two young men around18 and 21 that interviewed me. they asked no questions about the company, and asked me only two questions: tell me about yourself, and why do you want to work for Chipotle. during the interview the interviewers seemed uninterested as if the interview was a waste of time, i was highly energetic positive dressed professional and had a portfolio and questions written on flashcards. when i asked why did the interviewers chose to work for chipotle they looked at eachother and hunched their shoulders and said the typical: "its a great company". i was told i would received a call or an email within 24 hours. two days later i emailed the interviewer about the status of my application and he replied that he will contact me soon. days later i received an email saying they went with another candidate. when i emailed the interviewer to ask if it was something that i needed to improve on during the interview process and what could that be i received no response. it was a waste of time, and i was left feeling confused because the interview was conversational and it seemed great even for those measley two minutes.

Crew Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Standard. Submitted an application, had prior food industry experience. Interviewed a few days later, hired on the spot. Great company to work for, loved the experience. Not your average food service job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

They want you to be a people person, they want you to start chatting it up and getting along with the crew from the start. Your past experience doesn't matter, they wont even ask. You will start out as crew and earn promotions from there. Don't expect a typical interview or you will be caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• What do you aspire to? What are you passionate about? Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

I want to work somewhere where my years of experience count for something. The company seems highly unorganized.