Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,242 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,242 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Prescott, AZ).

Interview

Sat down with the GM after a pretty long wait, they were interviewing two other people. Asked pretty basic questions, some about the background of their. Kept a smile on my face and positive energy throughout the process & they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call few day later confirm that there will be an interview the next day and it was a group interview. They ask questions around each other. There was 5 people in the group interview. The manager was very talkative. She was looking for people in the group who are outgoing and talk more basically out going. Got an email that day say that I didn't get the job

Crew Member Interview

Interview

I went on several interviews and had no call backs. It was difficult to know what the employers wanted, since I applied for different locations. Also the interviews were very short maybe ten minutes or less. So they clearly couldnt get to know me.

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Valley Stream, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was easy and really casual, the manager was super nice and asked questions that were pretty standard. My advice would be to know their history and the 13 pillars because it'll show them that you have an interest in the company and you're willing to put in the effort to show that.

Crew Member Interview

Interview

It was a very easy process the question were simple questions, about what you would expect from an interview and the GM seemed very kind. I would definitely recommend applying.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied for a crew member position about a week before the interview. I made sure to memorize the 13 characteristics the founder, Steve, looks for in employees and memorized them. I also read up on their Foundation, their goals, and everything that makes them Chipotle. All in all, I was very prepared for whatever might come my way. When I walked into chipotle for my interview I made sure to say hi to everyone behind the counter, which was only two people as they were prepping for the day before they opened. I was the first interviewee there, but the rest followed shortly. The door was locked so I opened it for the others as they walked in too. I made sure to be friendly to them and start up conversations with each applicant. Chipotle wants people who are friendly and have excellent interpersonal skills, and I showed this during the "pre-interview" portion of it. Keep in mind that they watch you while you wait! As each of us got pulled aside for a personal interview, I noticed that the two before me walked out right after theirs. During mine he was impressed with my answers and said that he would like me to meet his crew. So I met each person working that morning and they asked me their own questions. I made sure to mention that I liked how they keep things fresh and organic, pick local farms and support them, and the animals the food comes from are treated well as well. I worked in the 13 characteristics, and made sure to smile and laugh. I had a pretty great time getting to talk to all of them. Afterwards the manager pulled me aside and offered me the job. I've worked there for a month and a half now and absolutely loved my time there! The crew was friendly and they really treat their employees well. It's a great place!

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Applied online and took about three days to hear back from the company. Didn't get an interview by a manager but rather an employee, who was also about 5 minutes late to the interview. The employee gave the interview in literally 5 minutes and when i emailed back about the job two days later i did not get an answer for another two days, which was a no in the end.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I got hired during the NRO (New Restaurant Opening) process and so I was contacted through the phone and then brought in for an interview with the General Manager. Usually you come back for an interview three different times (once with one manager, then again with a different manager, and then a third time with three crew members) but sometimes they do all three interviews on the same day. During my interview I was invited back for a group interview which was pretty standard for the NRO process. Chipotle looks for 13 key characteristics that every crew member needs to have in order to get hired. If you're getting hired they will usually tell you right on the spot but on some occasions they have called within 48 hours to let you know if you got the job.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Interview was pretty informal - the store GM, apprentice, and 2 crew members sat down with me and asked me a few pretty basic questions that related to their corporate culture. Having done some background research on the company is pretty useful.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to schedule an interview a week later. When I got there, I found out it was a group interview. The crew was very nice and offered us all drinks. We then met with the GM and went outside to proceeded with the interview.