Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,222 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,222 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Prescott, AZ).

Interview

Sat down with the GM after a pretty long wait, they were interviewing two other people. Asked pretty basic questions, some about the background of their. Kept a smile on my face and positive energy throughout the process & they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I got hired during the NRO (New Restaurant Opening) process and so I was contacted through the phone and then brought in for an interview with the General Manager. Usually you come back for an interview three different times (once with one manager, then again with a different manager, and then a third time with three crew members) but sometimes they do all three interviews on the same day. During my interview I was invited back for a group interview which was pretty standard for the NRO process. Chipotle looks for 13 key characteristics that every crew member needs to have in order to get hired. If you're getting hired they will usually tell you right on the spot but on some occasions they have called within 48 hours to let you know if you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied for a crew member position about a week before the interview. I made sure to memorize the 13 characteristics the founder, Steve, looks for in employees and memorized them. I also read up on their Foundation, their goals, and everything that makes them Chipotle. All in all, I was very prepared for whatever might come my way. When I walked into chipotle for my interview I made sure to say hi to everyone behind the counter, which was only two people as they were prepping for the day before they opened. I was the first interviewee there, but the rest followed shortly. The door was locked so I opened it for the others as they walked in too. I made sure to be friendly to them and start up conversations with each applicant. Chipotle wants people who are friendly and have excellent interpersonal skills, and I showed this during the "pre-interview" portion of it. Keep in mind that they watch you while you wait! As each of us got pulled aside for a personal interview, I noticed that the two before me walked out right after theirs. During mine he was impressed with my answers and said that he would like me to meet his crew. So I met each person working that morning and they asked me their own questions. I made sure to mention that I liked how they keep things fresh and organic, pick local farms and support them, and the animals the food comes from are treated well as well. I worked in the 13 characteristics, and made sure to smile and laugh. I had a pretty great time getting to talk to all of them. Afterwards the manager pulled me aside and offered me the job. I've worked there for a month and a half now and absolutely loved my time there! The crew was friendly and they really treat their employees well. It's a great place!

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Interview was pretty informal - the store GM, apprentice, and 2 crew members sat down with me and asked me a few pretty basic questions that related to their corporate culture. Having done some background research on the company is pretty useful.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to schedule an interview a week later. When I got there, I found out it was a group interview. The crew was very nice and offered us all drinks. We then met with the GM and went outside to proceeded with the interview.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

It was ok. Got in there, felt pretty confident. It was a group interview. However, when the interview was over, we were told "we are already fully staffed". Why interview then?

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Jacksonville, NC).

Interview

Applied online. Got an email the next day scheduling a interview for a few days later. Went to interview and got the job on the spot. Everyone was super welcoming!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chipotle (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I got an interview during a college career fair. Got to sign up for it and then we got to wait till they called us up. Then you just sit down while they ask you question. For me though, we went straight to the asking them question. So prepare for that.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Very casual. Was interviewed by managers, crew members, etc. They asked a little bit about the company to test your knowledge but looked more for personality and if you would fit well with the rest of the crew.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

A complete waste of time, energy, and gas. The interview itself lasted 3 minutes. The questions don't give you a chance to let them know who you really are, it's really about them and feeding the ego of their company in a way that will make them like you. Why chipotle? If you don't fit into their very narrow and unrealistic set of character traits, do not expect a call back. It is a POPULATITY CONTEST over there. It doesn't matter that you work hard and are willing to do whatever it is they need you to do and more. I did two interviews, one in Moorestown and the other in Cherry Hill, both the same day. A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. They asked me the same three questions at both locations, and both interviews were less than 3 minutes. Completely stupid and ridiculous that they actually consider that to be a proper interview. Then they had the nerve after putting me through all of that not to offer me a position that I would be able to do a hundred times better than the lazy and rude employees that they have now. Don't bother unless you are willing not to be yourself.