Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,330 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,330 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Middletown, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I made it to my interview on 5 minutes early, the cashier instructed me to have a seat and the manager would be coming over. I sat down for an hour and 15 mins and finally went back to the cashier who brought some other guy up and he told me to come back at the same time the next day. The next day I arrived 5 minutes early and I was instructed to take a seat. The manager came over 5 minutes later, introduced herself and proceeded with the interview. During the interview it seemed rushed and with a busy dining situation it was hard to communicate. The manager then said she would give me a call the next day and tell me yes or No. never called.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Oak Lawn, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Worse interview ever. They told me to come in for a jobfair at this exact time, I've asked multiple times if the manager was there. They said yes, they told me to wait, FOURTY minutes pass and no one shows up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

It was awful. The whole interview took forty minutes and they made me feel so small. They would tell me talk to every single person working and there was about ten. When I thought I was finished two more people came ion for their shifts and I had to talk to them. They all asked me the same dumb questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

They are building a new Chipotle and had a sign saying apply online. I applied on a Friday and received an email on Saturday telling me to come in the following Mon between 1-5. Chipotle has a 3 interview "rule"; basically its with whomever is in charge first, then the general manger and finally the crew. I figured it would be group interviews since the time was so open and when I got there it was me and another person. At 1pm no one was there, the general manager and apprentice showed up later, closer to 1:30. By that time there was 7 of us; one person was there for a 2nd interview so I was placed with the other 5. The interview lasted over an hour and things were going well because I knew a lot about the Chipotle culture, plus I was the most experienced; everyone else was under 21 with either no experience or 1 prior job. Maybe 3 hours after the 1st interview I was called in for a 2nd interview 2 days later. I got there early and was then mostly interviewed by the general manager, who must of thought I was boring because she was not at all focused on what I had to say. The interview lasted maybe 30 mins with a promise, because she did not say MIGHT but you WILL get an email telling you when to come in for a 2nd interview. I knew I wouldn't get the job because I was too old (I am only 29) and that they really only wanted young inexperience employees to mold into the perfect cult. Sure enough almost a week later I got an email saying i was not what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They ask why they shouldn't hire you....do not be honest and list a fault. I believed honesty is always the best policy and I told them i was a bit shy around coworkers. This company is not really about the customers but about how much fun you can have at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Grand Junction, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I initially applied through an online application. About 4 days later I received an email explaining my interview was scheduled for the following week; however, it gave no specific time, so I had to phone the restaurant to find out.

When I showed up to the restaurant there were two of us: a girl and myself. The first question was, "what are you looking for?" My immediate response was a career, and the girl replied she wanted something just for summer until she goes off to university. The interviewer turned to her and stated, "I'm sorry, but we're looking for someone who will stay with us longer." She then glared at the girl as if ushering her to leave telepathically until the girl finally did so. Her interview process lasted literally 30 seconds, and the interviewer didn't even offer an apologetic, "I'm sorry for completely and utterly wasting your time."

My interview went slightly better. I made it to the next question. "Do you have any restaurant experience?" I told her I had some (I pick up small jobs at a local fine dining restaurant on occasion). She told me it wasn't enough, and they weren't looking to train anyone. She then gave me the same uncomfortable glare, but I didn't hesitate like the girl; I IMMEDIATELY left. The first girl made it 30 seconds, I made it a minute.

I have read many extremely negative reviews on the interview process for Chipotle, and I have to say I agree with all of them. I was skeptical before, but after the joke of an interview process I'm a believer.

All-in-all, I will never apply for a job at Chipotle again even if I gain the experience to open my own fine dining restaurant in NYC, LV, etc. I also don't eat there anymore. The process was so terrible they've lost my business for life.

Qdoba it is!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cicero, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Cicero, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

First of all this company is really picky, they will only pick people with the 13 characteristics.
    First the company sent me an e-mail stating that they were hosting a job fair and will like to see me. I assisted the job fair -passed it-. Second, manager interview, be friendly and positive, if you pass the manager interview you will go and meet the crew, if they like you you'll totally get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Miami, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

the interview process was strange but very detailed. I came in 3 times and meet multiply managers and crew. The manager had me speak to every crew member on the team who asked me the same questions. it was not needed in my opinion.

Crew Member Interview

Interview

I went on several interviews and had no call backs. It was difficult to know what the employers wanted, since I applied for different locations. Also the interviews were very short maybe ten minutes or less. So they clearly couldnt get to know me.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Springfield, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

i applied online and about one week later, they called me but i didnt pick up so i called them back and they asked me to come in at 5 that same day for and interview. When i got there the 2 of the managers and the cashier came and sat down with me they just asked me to tell them about myself and we exchanged numbers and 3 days later i had my firs day at work.

Interview Questions

• they only told me to tell them about myself, nothing else then they just started explaining everything to know about the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Riverdale, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied, recieved an email 2 days later to come in for an interview. Unfortunately it was an interview with at least 6 other people so it was very hard for me to stand out