Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,134 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,134 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Oak Lawn, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Worse interview ever. They told me to come in for a jobfair at this exact time, I've asked multiple times if the manager was there. They said yes, they told me to wait, FOURTY minutes pass and no one shows up.

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

It was awful. The whole interview took forty minutes and they made me feel so small. They would tell me talk to every single person working and there was about ten. When I thought I was finished two more people came ion for their shifts and I had to talk to them. They all asked me the same dumb questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

They are building a new Chipotle and had a sign saying apply online. I applied on a Friday and received an email on Saturday telling me to come in the following Mon between 1-5. Chipotle has a 3 interview "rule"; basically its with whomever is in charge first, then the general manger and finally the crew. I figured it would be group interviews since the time was so open and when I got there it was me and another person. At 1pm no one was there, the general manager and apprentice showed up later, closer to 1:30. By that time there was 7 of us; one person was there for a 2nd interview so I was placed with the other 5. The interview lasted over an hour and things were going well because I knew a lot about the Chipotle culture, plus I was the most experienced; everyone else was under 21 with either no experience or 1 prior job. Maybe 3 hours after the 1st interview I was called in for a 2nd interview 2 days later. I got there early and was then mostly interviewed by the general manager, who must of thought I was boring because she was not at all focused on what I had to say. The interview lasted maybe 30 mins with a promise, because she did not say MIGHT but you WILL get an email telling you when to come in for a 2nd interview. I knew I wouldn't get the job because I was too old (I am only 29) and that they really only wanted young inexperience employees to mold into the perfect cult. Sure enough almost a week later I got an email saying i was not what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They ask why they shouldn't hire you....do not be honest and list a fault. I believed honesty is always the best policy and I told them i was a bit shy around coworkers. This company is not really about the customers but about how much fun you can have at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Grand Junction, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I initially applied through an online application. About 4 days later I received an email explaining my interview was scheduled for the following week; however, it gave no specific time, so I had to phone the restaurant to find out.

When I showed up to the restaurant there were two of us: a girl and myself. The first question was, "what are you looking for?" My immediate response was a career, and the girl replied she wanted something just for summer until she goes off to university. The interviewer turned to her and stated, "I'm sorry, but we're looking for someone who will stay with us longer." She then glared at the girl as if ushering her to leave telepathically until the girl finally did so. Her interview process lasted literally 30 seconds, and the interviewer didn't even offer an apologetic, "I'm sorry for completely and utterly wasting your time."

My interview went slightly better. I made it to the next question. "Do you have any restaurant experience?" I told her I had some (I pick up small jobs at a local fine dining restaurant on occasion). She told me it wasn't enough, and they weren't looking to train anyone. She then gave me the same uncomfortable glare, but I didn't hesitate like the girl; I IMMEDIATELY left. The first girl made it 30 seconds, I made it a minute.

I have read many extremely negative reviews on the interview process for Chipotle, and I have to say I agree with all of them. I was skeptical before, but after the joke of an interview process I'm a believer.

All-in-all, I will never apply for a job at Chipotle again even if I gain the experience to open my own fine dining restaurant in NYC, LV, etc. I also don't eat there anymore. The process was so terrible they've lost my business for life.

Qdoba it is!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cicero, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Cicero, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

First of all this company is really picky, they will only pick people with the 13 characteristics.
    First the company sent me an e-mail stating that they were hosting a job fair and will like to see me. I assisted the job fair -passed it-. Second, manager interview, be friendly and positive, if you pass the manager interview you will go and meet the crew, if they like you you'll totally get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Riverdale, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied, recieved an email 2 days later to come in for an interview. Unfortunately it was an interview with at least 6 other people so it was very hard for me to stand out

Crew Member Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Interviewed first with GM then when crew member. GM interview felt like an interrogation, crew member was nice but his part of the interview seemed unnecessary and they were both trying to rush out of it. Really opened up and gave it my all. Glad I'm not working here.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at chipotle?   Answer Question
    • If there was one reason I should
      NOT hire you, what would it be?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

there are 3 interviews. first is with the manager and he talked about himself and the company. second interview is one on one with the manager. last interview is with everyone working at chipotle. it was ridiculously long and unnecessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Monterey Park, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for an interview. It was a group interview. There were lots of people so lots of waiting.

When it was my turn she asked only 2 or 3 questions and we all had to jump in and answer. Most of the time she talked about how great it was to work at chipotle, how she started and there's room to improve, tuition payment, free food for lunch, chipotle is expanding, non gmo, all good stuff! Really made me want to work there. Then the interview was over and the same day I got an email saying sorry no thanks we don't want you. Sooooo :/

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

At the chipotle on metro tech. Wasn't. Fair I was only ask 2 or3. Questions while the worker was laughing and joking around with the other girl that was getting interviews they already knew her