Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,218 Interview Reviews

2.1

1,218 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chula Vista, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for an interview date. It was a group interview with about 7 or 8 other people. Personally I thought I stood out because I incorporated a lot of Chipote history and fundamentals in my answers. I answered first and everything. However, I got an email right away about how they didn't give me a spot about 10 min later. It was a complete waste of time. I feel that they hired someone else prior to my interview date and just did the this process to do it instead of cancelling it. I love Chipotle and was really looking forward to getting hired but I feel that I should've gotten hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
  • If I were to call your teacher, coach, manager, professor, or any other reference how would they describe you and your work ethic?   Answer Question
  • Other than the food, what do you love about Chipotle?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Employee in Greenacres, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Greenacres, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was laid back, don't stress anything. Walk in there with confidence and try to really engage with the GM, don't act shy. Review the company history and 13 characteristics.

Interview Questions

• What types of books do you like to read?   1 Answer
    • What are three words to describe you by family and friends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Orange, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a very chill process. It was a group interview with 2 other people. The manager and apprentice were very approachable. They asked simple yet effective questions. I or a very welcoming vibe from the management and employees.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Canton, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I arrived at the location for open interviews, which are from 2-4 at this location. Upon arrival, I called the manger (who I later found was an assistant) who told me she wasn't at work, despite calling the day before to verify. I get in line, explain I had an interview, and they offer me a free drink and ask to sit in wait for someone to come out.

Half an hour later, they come out for the interview. It was one to one, which was a surprise considering it seems most were in a group of two or three. Asked about myself, my job experience, availability, etc. Not even half-way through the interview she offers me the job. They were booked with new employees all Summer, so I will not be getting in until Mid-August. Very polite, easy to talk to, and nothing to worrisome (despite the long wait). Answered my questions quickly and thoroughly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application about a week and a half ago and got a interview about three days later. I was interviewed by the manager along with four other candidates and the interview was simple, laid-back and conversation-like. Once the interview was over she said we would receive either a call or an email within 48 hours. The next day I received a call asking to come back for a second interview with a different manager. That next interview was similar to the former and after they deliberated for a few minutes, I got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Chipotle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cheverly, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Cheverly, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved speaking one on one with more than one of the store managers. They sometimes split it up into multiple days and also you might have to tour the place.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email with a time, day, and location. It was group interview. Was told is hear back within 2 days via email but didn't. Was told not to call the store, dont think it would've been a good fit anyways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews at Chipotle. At the first one I met the apprentice and two crew members. On the second I met the general manager, service manager, and another crew member.
    The first interview with the apprentice was mind-blowingly easy. He was just trying to get to know me and I felt very relaxed. After our brief interview, he told me I would be interviewed by the crew members to see if they would want to work with me. This is a usual procedure at Chipotle so I wasn't surprised. Two college-aged girls came over and asked me very random and fun questions. After that I was asked to come back the next evening to meet the general manager.
    The interview with the general manager was also very easy. She asked me some more professional questions, but nothing I couldn't answer. She was extremely outgoing and nice so that also made it easier. Then she had me interviewed by the service manager who asked the "hardest" questions but even those I could answer. Then I was interviewed by one last crew member who just asked the same questions the others asked. Questions were very repetetive which was a bit annoying.
    Afterwards the general manager told me she'd speak to the apprentice and make sure he liked me too before calling me and extending the job offer. She told me not to worry because she liked me. I left feeling confident I'd gotten the job. The next day I got an automated e-mail saying they "couldn't hire me." Definetely caught me off guard.
    My advice if you have an interview at Chipotle is to just relax. Even if it's your first one, it's really no big deal. They just want to get to know you. Study the company a little before hand (just browse their website) so if they ask you'll know some basic facts.

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Topeka, KS).

Interview

A couple days after submitting an online application, I got an email from Chipotle asking me to come to the store for an interview the following day. That time slot didn't work for me, so I called to reschedule and was able to push the interview back two days. The interview was one-on-one with the general manager, took approximately 20 minutes and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes a good leader?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

It was a group interview, and everyone got a chance to answer each question. They told us to keep coming back to meet the other managers even though he selected none of us today. I think the group interview process added tension.

Interview Questions

• How would people describe you?   1 Answer